Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 16

mhughes0021 said:
im sold...santiago at 2b rest of the year is just fine with me.

making Ramon the starter at 2b for the rest of the season may be JL's best decision all year

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":jfsvbltt]Sit on it, Potsie!

I haven't heard that in a lng time.

:) [/quote:jfsvbltt]

Hehe years ago when I did not mind paying for DirecTV, one of the guys who did the morning Sportscenter used to say that.

They would show highlights from games by Big Unit, Clemens, or Smoltz, and it would be "sit on it, Potsie, Malph, Arnold, Chachi, Richie, Joaney, etc.

Jimenez got shelled LOL

Pulled in the 5th.

5 - 2 and Sox are still batting, Herrmann in.

Nice win...no surprise since JV was on the hill. It's been forever since Minny won 2 games in a row in Detroit.

Any W is a good W, but this was fun to listen to / watch.

What more can you say about JV? He is becoming a better pitcher before our eyes, he was masterful tonight when he didn't have that 100mph heater for much of the night, his fastball was much slower, but he was locating it and fought well and really is showing that he knows the art of pitching. I'm glad he gets an extra days rest again because this will ensure he's fresh for the stretch run. It's a joy to see a pitcher with the best stuff in the game show that he really gets that that isn't always enough. He was an artist at times tonight and this is it for him now, the Verlander we've seen this season is what he will be for the next several years.

johnny2x2x said:
What more can you say about JV? He is becoming a better pitcher before our eyes, he was masterful tonight when he didn't have that 1000mph heater for much of the night, his fastball was much slower, but he was locating it and fought well and really is showing that he knows the art of pitching. I'm glad he gets an extra days rest again because this will ensure he's fresh for the stretch run. It's a joy to see a pitcher with the best stuff in the game show that he really gets that that isn't always enough. He was an artist at times tonight and this is it for him now, the Verlander we've seen this season is what he will be for the next several years.

I want to see one of those :)

Woot!!! Now hopefully the Sux can wrap it up and get out lead back up to 3 games.

Tigers beat the suckass twins 7 - 1 = Check.
Verlander wins his 18th = Check.
Everybody is happy = Check.
Tigers Victory Cigar = Check.

Back