Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 17

tigers99888 said:
Spockmaster said:
seriously, fuck this team. i was at work till about 20 mins ago so i caught the end of this shitfest. did lamont seriously get ANOTHER runner thrown out at home that he should have held? fuck that guy. this team is pathetic, its like they try to lose on purpose sometimes.
I'm starting to get that feeling as well.. The Tigers beat themselves this series in particular more than the Twins beat them, that's for sure..

yea players lay eggs when up against junk pitchers, great defensive infield plays, and smokey with his brilliant lineups and resting player who need to be playing...IDK at this point this team will surprise me if it wins the division

Spockmaster said:
amajjd said:
Why wasn't maggs the PH instead of shinebox?
do you seriously think maggs wouldnt have done the same thing except on the first pitch?

No, Maggs wouldn't have done the same thing. He would have swung at the first pitch and hit a bouncing ball to second for a game ending double play. Raburn just prolonged the pain a little.

Tigers beat themselves this series the 2 games they lost, shit poor defense, bad pitching decisions, and humpty dumpty with a load in his pants F face lamont sending another runner dead duck.
Fuck the twins, their players, their fans, their state, did I leave anything out

Well, if the bats show up, we should be able to take the first 2 from the Indians, facing Tomlin and Huff.

Assuming we don't start both Raburn and Betemit Saturday when Fister pitches.

And maybe Porcello can keep us in it against Ubaldass on Sunday.

staegrac said:
yea players lay eggs when up against junk pitchers, great defensive infield plays, and smokey with his brilliant lineups and resting player who need to be playing...IDK at this point this team will surprise me if it wins the division
Yup at this point it would surprise me as well.. This team should be torching this division, not holding on by a thread..

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":1m2ulwpf]did this board crash for anyone else for like 5 mins?

Yes, I tried 5 pages and started to run a scan.
Is it from high traffic?[/quote:1m2ulwpf]

I was wondering the same thing, KC, but then I seen that the most users online today was only 47 so not sure if that is it

MI_Thumb said:
Well, if the bats show up, we should be able to take the first 2 from the Indians, facing Tomlin and Huff.

It's a joke because JV should be pitching on Sunday..

tigers99888 said:
MI_Thumb said:

It's a joke because JV should be pitching on Sunday..

No.

MI_Thumb said:

RP may be able to keep us in it but smokey will put together one of his lame lineups for a day game

I have posted this before, but I'll explain it again for 99888....

Verlander was mapped out going backwards from the last day, which is against Cleveland.

Because of this he gets to pitch vs. Cleveland 2 more times, and Chicago 2 more times.

And I would rather have him in the final series of the year then in this one upcoming.

And if we don't need him to start in the final game in Cleveland (can't see that atm though) they can shut him down and give him extra rest for the playoffs.

If he was started on regular rest, his regular season would end on Sept. 28th against Baltimore. With 3 to play against the Indians still.

tigers99888 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Give me one reason why not? They are playing in a tight division race against a team on their heels..

Done. look up.

Also, Cleveland is not the only team on our heels,

MI_Thumb said:

Verlander was mapped out going backwards from the last day, which is against Cleveland.

Because of this he gets to pitch vs. Cleveland 2 more times, and Chicago 2 more times.

And I would rather have him in the final series of the year then in this one upcoming.

And if we don't need him to start in the final game in Cleveland (can't see that atm though) they can shut him down and give him extra rest for the playoffs.
Well why not try to close the door early? I guess my point would have made more sense if the Tigers actually took care of business in this series here.. But I guess everyone including Leyland knows they can't put the division away.. This would never have been an issue without his joke lineups and bullpen decisions..

tigers99888 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Well why not try to close the door early? I guess my point would have made more sense if the Tigers actually took care of business in this series here.. But I guess everyone including Leyland knows they can't put the division away.. This would never have been an issue without his joke lineups and bullpen decisions..

The fact still remains we have to be able to win without Verlander starting.

If we can't count on Scherzer, Fister, and Porcello to win important games, we might as well give up now.

I sure would be nice to have JV going game one on a playoff series...

Jeezz

every facet of our game tonight was crap. whens the last time they showed up to play a good, complete game that verlander wasnt starting?

Tampa's playing as good as anyone right now....with a 4 game series coming up after Cleveland(at Tampa)...this team's playing with fire right now.

All those 1 run wins could have easily been losses(KC,Balt, Minn....really???)

Smokes better pull a bunny out of his ass, or before Sept. comes they'll be looking up at 2 teams.

Right now he looks like he's blind-folded while looking for an ass to pin a victory on(Dirks lead-off....0-4)...oops....try another smokie?

MI_Thumb said:

If he was started on regular rest, his regular season would end on Sept. 28th against Baltimore. With 3 to play against the Indians still.

Doesn't matter what you say. Leyland is always wrong, fans are always right. I've come to accept this and I don't fight it.

Back