Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread September 9

Hmmm, our 2nd and 3rd basemen can hit. Gotta love it!

Been touting Ramon all year. Kid can play everyday.

Scary thought, Penny is not the worst pitcher in this game.

johnny2x2x said:
Hmmm, our 2nd and 4rd basemen can hit. Gotta love it!

Ditto. I've always been for giving him a shot at 2B, but Leyland sees him as a utility guy.

MI_Thumb said:

He is real close though, Penny just has a good offense to bail his ass out.

Tigers 4th inning,

Avila strike call changeup, hit him on the back foot,

Peralta first pitch fly to right,

Tigers trivia q and a last twins player to be traded to Tigers, Gladden?

Betemit lines it down the right field line for an rbi triple, "the Slasher" with another hit and Avila scores,

tied up,

Santiago slaps it foul, f'n high strike call rarely see, up high Santiago steps back, high fastball above the letters is a fly deep to right and it's a 2 run homer, that's 4 homeruns for Santiago his last 23 games,

WOW,

Tigers lead 6 - 4,

Jackson curve low ball, swings and misses a changeup, curve ground foul, fastball fouled back, swings and misses, F

Magglio first pitch grounder to third,

ffslowey with 60 pitches,

Tigers lead 6 - 4.

tazmac said:
MI_Thumb said:

What does offense have to do with ERA?

I'm not talking that useless W-L stat.

MI_Thumb said:
tazmac said:

What does offense have to do with ERA?

I'm not talking that useless W-L stat.

Going with ERA, he is one of the worst. If the Tigers offense wasn't good he would have more losses too. That is where I meant he gets bailed out.

kingofdetroit57 said:
johnny2x2x said:
Hmmm, our 2nd and 4rd basemen can hit. Gotta love it!

Ditto. I've always been for giving him a shot at 2B, but Leyland sees him as a utility guy.

Yeah, I just don't get it. Some pretty knowledgeable guys have said he's not a full time player, but he's always hit well enough and he's a very good fielder. He's never really been given a chance to be a full time player. He's batted .266 since 2007 and played near gold glove quality SS and 2B.

Penny starts the 5th,

revere fastball high, changeup strike call, at the knees ump says no, fly to Jackson, sit down shythook,

ffplouffe fastball inside corner strike call, fastball low, fastball fly to shallow right and Magglio runs in and has it,

23Msinglesmauer strike at the knees called a ball, strike call belt high, fastball in the dirt, fastball on the corner is called a ball, f'n ump, fly to Jackson,

Penny with 96 pitches 52 in the last 4 innings,

Tigers lead 6 - 4.

feeling fired up by the offense...or the alcohol....not sure which....could be both....then again, maybe it's Scarlett Johanson....

Back