Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox Game Thread September 2

tycobb420 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]

these umps blow dead goats

I believe I said that! lol

lol. I'm going nuts watching some of these calls,
and can't help but think they will get worse calls if the Tigers play the redsox, yankees.

Credit Benoit.. The guy has been hot the last 2 months.. Actually he's been dominant the last two months..

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
tycobb420 said:
I believe I said that! lol

lol. I'm going nuts watching some of these calls,
and can't help but think they will get worse calls if the Tigers play the redsox, yankees.

I was just thinking that actually...that and the 4 hour postseason game. The one great thing about last year's world series was no Yanks or Sox, so the games ended at a decent hour.

Tigers 8th inning,

Peralta fouls to first,

Santiago 2 and 1, fastball outside, again for a walk,

Inge fastball way outside, fastball inside, fouled back catcher misses it at the dugout, fastball outside, fastball popped to shallow center,

Jackson takes low, curve ground foul, swings and misses a fastball, fastball inside, another outside full count, called strike three on/off the corner,

Tigers lead 8 - 1.

Excellent win.. Didn't like the way the KC series went at all, but a series win here could make up for that and then some..

Schlereth 9th inning,

viciedo curve strike call, fouled back, fastball inside, curve fouled back, fastball inside, curve ground towards short and Inge takes it and throws to Cabrera,

pinch hitter for deazza is f'n lillibridge ball, curve squeezed on the corner, fastball inside, low for a walk,

flowers fly foul down right and Kelly runs a mile and slides and makes the catch,

morel takes inside, fastball strike call, curve ground foul, ground in front of home and Avila has it and throws to Cabrera,

Tigers win 8 - 1,
Verlander wins his 21st,
Tigers Victory Cigar,
whitesox suck,

Very nicely done, now win the next 2 and you can stick a fork in the sux.

tigers99888 said:
Didn't like the way the KC series went at all,
Actually not totally true, the offense for the most part was tremendous, but the other two phases, the defense and pitching was pretty bad.. Need two phases to go well to win..

Great win. JV has the CY Young on lock down now and he hasn't been his best for 3 or 4 starts, but he got some good defense tonight and he was amazing again.

The best pitcher in the game, period.

Still if we win yesterday like we were suppose to it is a even bigger lead over the Sox.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Still if we win yesterday like we were suppose to it is a even bigger lead over the Sox.

How about if we lose a couple games we should have/could have in the last week? Would've been great to win 3 out of 4 vs KC, but in all honesty they could have swept us.

We're sitting in an OK spot IMO.

No doubt they could have swept us.

Even bad teams win 60 games a year. Can't win them all.

Back