Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of how Atheists are so awesome!

I know none of it makes sense that's why I'm mocking you for it but you believe every word of it.

Climate is your religion, plain and simple - the government and science priests you worship demand absolute loyalty, the say the science is controvertible and you believe it. That's religion, not science.

In 2019, one of the really smart people you trust in government (insert clever emoji indicating mockery here) said the world would end in 12 years if we didn't spend at least $14T to tear down and rebuild our society and economy - with a primary focus on racial justice, because the climate is racist too. According to their climate clock, we now only have 6 years, not 8 years to act. We have one here in NYC in Union Square, one of the busiest hubs in the City. It's beautiful and you can't miss it - millions of people see it every year

It's dogmatic, absolute, you're condemned or at least doomed if you don't believe it. You even have the possibility of redemption - if you give up your freedom and hand over $14T to your cult leaders. That's a religion.

You mock religion at the same time you're a follower of one based on junk science and fear mongering. Anyway, don't you have anything better to do with your 6 years?

Hey buddy, the topic here is your belief in ancient fairy tales, not climate change. Have an ounce of respect for others and keep your insane ramblings contained to the proper discussion.

Any adult who believes in religion deserves to be mocked. It is no different than a person making it to adulthood and still believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.

Funny how you far right activists are constantly screaming about indoctrination when you are the biggest groomers of them all.

Hey buddy, the topic here is your belief in ancient fairy tales, not climate change. Have an ounce of respect for others and keep your insane ramblings contained to the proper discussion.

Any adult who believes in religion deserves to be mocked. It is no different than a person making it to adulthood and still believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.

Funny how you far right activists are constantly screaming about indoctrination when you are the biggest groomers of them all.

That's a good one.

The topic is religion, and you're a devotee of several whether you admit it or not. As an adult (and I use the term loosely in your case), you deserve a heaping dose of scorn and mockery, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

Interesting juxtaposition of these two declarations.

Interesting juxtaposition of these two declarations.

Not every action is deserving of respect. I'm not going to show respect to someone that beats their kids or abuses animals. I don't have any respect for people who commit murder or go around robbing people.

I wouldn't respect the opinion of an adult who told me that Santa Claus was real, why should I respect a person who tells me that invisible sky wizards are?

Not every action is deserving of respect. I'm not going to show respect to someone that beats their kids or abuses animals. I don't have any respect for people who commit murder or go around robbing people.

I wouldn't respect the opinion of an adult who told me that Santa Claus was real, why should I respect a person who tells me that invisible sky wizards are?

Lack of respect is one reaction. Overt mocking is another. How, exactly to do you accomplish this, and to what result?

so you have no respect for anyone that believes in god? You have no parents, kids, grandparents, etc. that were people of faith? I find that hard to believe.

God can be real. And religion can still be complete bullshit.

That's the problem with religion. It's a human thing made by man and man is sinful. That's why they fuck your kids and tell you you need to pay money now to get your soul out of purgatory later and start wars. Religion is shit and has done more wrong in the world moreso than any other single thing on the planet.

So believe in God. But you're better off giving that donation to literally any other cause... including climate change.

Last edited:

There is a measure of half-truth to this.

That's the problem with religion. It's a human thing made by man and man is sinful. That's why they fuck your kids and tell you you need to pay money now to get your soul out of purgatory later and start wars. Religion is shit and has done more wrong in the world moreso than any other single thing on the planet.

I contest most of this assertion. The Catholic Church is not man-made, since the head of the Church is ... God, who established His one, true, catholic, apostolic Church on earth more than 2,000 years ago. It will exist until He determines otherwise. The despicable acts committed by selected priests over time will atone for their acts. And there is no charge to enter purgatory; there never was, in spite of the fabricated and distorted accounts people like to repeat out of hand. As for the "wrong in the world" being the fault of "religion", it's the abuse of the privilege to serve that I think is the source of whatever "wrong" has resulted from religion.

So believe in God. But you're better off giving that donation to literally any other cause... including climate change.

Believing in God is not enough to merit heaven.

Last edited:

No religion can compete with the genocide committed by atheists in the 20th century. No one even comes close.

He's not though.

Something created more than nothingness. So as of now I'm more inclined to think there is a creator. Said creator probably gives 0 shits about humanity. We're nothing to it... just a bunch of particles that accidently came together. It will do nothing to protect us. Like the dinosaurs being wiped from existence or any lifeforms that lives next to that red dwarf that expanded and ate your planet.

Religion is just an extension of a human trait that thinks we're better than everything else in the universe. "Don't worry everyone!... once you get wiped off the earth your soul goes to heaven! So pay me a bunch of money...k now pray. Good boy. Have any sins you want to reconcile?"

Its a measure of control to limit the fucked up nature of humanity that would want to inherently kill more, have sex with your neighbors wife more etc etc. Apparently cause people can't handle that you just become bug food when you die.

Was the big bang the cause of the entire previous universe collapsing into a single point? God had no problem wiping out all of the lifeforms in that universe like he has no care hurling a meteor at our planet. That's why I say creator and not operations manager. I don't think it's being managed.

No religion can compete with the genocide committed by atheists in the 20th century. No one even comes close.

In my definition atheism is part of religion. It's an ism. It's what one believes and your saying people will kill for it. In my opinion that's different than the absence of religion aka no fucks given.

I'm not sure if you're referencing the crusades... but those are literally religious wars that killed an estimated 1.7 million people. Religious people blame atheists. Atheists blame religions. Same shit.

Last edited:
I contest most of this assertion. The Catholic Church is not man-made, since the head of the Church is ... God, who established His one, true, catholic, apostolic Church on earth more than 2,000 years ago. It will exist until He determines otherwise. The despicable acts committed by selected priests over time will atone for their acts. And there is no charge to enter purgatory; there never was, in spite of the fabricated and distorted accounts people like to repeat out of hand. As for the "wrong in the world" being the fault of "religion", it's the abuse of the privilege to serve that I think is the source of whatever "wrong" has resulted from religion.

this is what drives me nuts about most religious people. They think that the religion that they decided to believe in is the true religion, and everyone else is wrong. There is a good chance that you chose incorrectly.

this is what drives me nuts about most religious people. They think that the religion that they decided to believe in is the true religion, and everyone else is wrong. There is a good chance that you chose incorrectly.

I think there's approximately 3000 gods in all of the religions. So there's a 99.97% chance he picked wrong.

Something created more than nothingness. So as of now I'm more inclined to think there is a creator. Said creator probably gives 0 shits about humanity. We're nothing to it... just a bunch of particles that accidently came together. It will do nothing to protect us. Like the dinosaurs being wiped from existence or any lifeforms that lives next to that red dwarf that expanded and ate your planet.

Religion is just an extension of a human trait that thinks we're better than everything else in the universe. "Don't worry everyone!... once you get wiped off the earth your soul goes to heaven! So pay me a bunch of money...k now pray. Good boy. Have any sins you want to reconcile?"

Its a measure of control to limit the fucked up nature of humanity that would want to inherently kill more, have sex with your neighbors wife more etc etc. Apparently cause people can't handle that you just become bug food when you die.

Was the big bang the cause of the entire previous universe collapsing into a single point? God had no problem wiping out all of the lifeforms in that universe like he has no care hurling a meteor at our planet. That's why I say creator and not operations manager. I don't think it's being managed.

I agree to an extent.

I think the two biggest reasons religions were invented

$$$$$
to try to keep people from being savages

Either one is right or all of them are wrong. They all can't be right. It's a bit more nuanced than that, but what other religion's head claims to be the Son of God, and what other Christian sect other than Catholicism, which preceded the 40,000 + protestant sects by 1500 years, claims that He is truly present in the form of bread and wine on the altar, with the directive to consume Him at Mass?

Jesus: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." Not very nuanced after all.

In my definition atheism is part of religion. It's an ism. It's what one believes and your saying people will kill for it. In my opinion that's different than the absence of religion aka no fucks given.

I'm not sure if you're referencing the crusades... but those are literally religious wars that killed an estimated 1.7 million people. Religious people blame atheists. Atheists blame religions. Same shit.

The crusades didn't happen in the 20th century. I'm referring to communist regimes that killed 10s of millions of people. Estimates are between 60-100mm non-combatants killed by communist regimes last century. Some say as high at 148mm if you count the Great Chines famine. I think it would be pretty tough to pin those deaths on religion, if you don't consider atheism a religion, which I don't but I get your point.

Last edited:
Either one is right or all of them are wrong. They all can't be right. It's a bit more nuanced than that, but what other religion's head claims to be the Son of God, and what other Christian sect other than Catholicism, which preceded the 40,000 + protestant sects by 1500 years, claims that He is truly present in the form of bread and wine on the altar, with the directive to consume Him at Mass?

this is what makes it so unbelievable. If this were to happen today, would anybody believe him? I sure as shit wouldn't

Back