Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of how Atheists are so awesome!

so you have no respect for anyone that believes in god? You have no parents, kids, grandparents, etc. that were people of faith? I find that hard to believe.

Do I respect their decision to believe in invisible sky wizards? Not even a little bit. It is ridiculous and I have no issues in letting people know that if they choose to discuss religion with me.

Do I respect their decision to believe in invisible sky wizards? Not even a little bit. It is ridiculous and I have no issues in letting people know that if they choose to discuss religion with me.

oh. you said you wouldn't respect the person. That is different than not respecting one single decision.

Either one is right or all of them are wrong. They all can't be right. It's a bit more nuanced than that, but what other religion's head claims to be the Son of God, and what other Christian sect other than Catholicism, which preceded the 40,000 + protestant sects by 1500 years, claims that He is truly present in the form of bread and wine on the altar, with the directive to consume Him at Mass?

Jesus: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." Not very nuanced after all.

Why do people need to bend the knee in order to get to heaven? That seems like a very human thing... not a God cares about all of his people thing. Why can't you just be an inherently good person to achieve everlasting life after death? On the flip side... Inherently good people that aren't religious go to hell? That doesn't sound like this kind and loving god....it sounds more like putin than God.

What of you're born in the middle of the amazon and never seen civilized man let alone heard about religion?... all of them go to hell? If so...God is a B=====D

Last edited:
The crusades didn't happen in the 20th century. I'm referring to communist regimes that killed 10s of millions of people. Estimates are between 60-100mm non-combatants killed by communist regimes last century. Some say as high at 148mm if you count the Great Chines famine. I think it would be pretty tough to pin those deaths on religion, if you don't consider atheism a religion, which I don't but I get your point.

Wow, communism and atheism are really bad when you just make up your own definitions of shit and make up historical facts. How do you manage to do all that? Can anyone else do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what makes it so unbelievable. If this were to happen today, would anybody believe him? I sure as shit wouldn't

A lot of people didn't then, either. Nothing's changed in that regard. Heck, too many so-called Catholics agree with you. I can't account for that, only for what I believe.

Read John 6:22-71. It's all there.

A lot of people didn't then, either. Nothing's changed in that regard. Heck, too many so-called Catholics agree with you. I can't account for that, only for what I believe.

Read John 6:22-71. It's all there.

see, I believe that most of the passages in the bible are just stories, not actual events. It's just a storybook.

Wow, communism and atheism are really bad when you just make up your own definitions of shit and make up historical facts. How do you manage to do all that? Can anyone else do that?

I've never tried it but your boy Johnny does it on the regular - take some lessons from him.

So it wasn't the communist or atheist part of Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot that murdered all those people? Which one of their personalities do you blame for it? Or do you deny they actually murdered all those people? Or do you think the Pope did it?

It takes a special kind of person to white wash murderous atheist communist regimes while blaming Christianity and religion in general for most or all of the world's ills. Luckily for us, you're just that type.

Last edited:
I've never tried it but your boy Johnny does it on the regular - take some lessons from him.

LOL you do it in just about every post you make. They don't call you Mr. 3% for nothing.

Now please tell everyone how NASA knows nothing about the origins of the universe and how your book of fairy tales holds all the answers.

LOL you do it in just about every post you make. They don't call you Mr. 3% for nothing.

Now please tell everyone how NASA knows nothing about the origins of the universe and how your book of fairy tales holds all the answers.

They don?t - see you?re making stuff up right now.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about NASA. And I'm not a creationist. Go find someone else to make up arguments for then argue against them.

I think you need to go back and read your reply because you absolutely said that NASA knows nothing about the creation of the universe.

I think you need to go back and read your reply because you absolutely said that NASA knows nothing about the creation of the universe.

One of us needs to go back and read my reply and the post I was replying to, but it's not me. Here's a hint, in the post that inspired the post I replied to, I said you make up your own facts and definitions 'on the regular.' By you, I meant you, not NASA - NASA wasn't even part of the conversation at that point.

It was obvious from the beginning and should be more obvious now. Now let's see if you can figure it out. I'm cheering for you - you got this!

Last edited:
One of us needs to go back and read my reply and the post I was replying to, but it's not me. Here's a hint, in the post that inspired the post I replied to, I said you make up your own facts and definitions 'on the regular.' By you, I meant you, not NASA - NASA wasn't even part of the conversation at that point.

It was obvious from the beginning and should be more obvious now. Now let's see if you can figure it out. I'm cheering for you - you got this!

We've already established that I trust scientists while you think they're all part of some worldwide conspiracy. That means I'm not making anything up, I'm accepting and repeating the opinions of the experts.

Why do people need to bend the knee in order to get to heaven? That seems like a very human thing... not a God cares about all of his people thing. Why can't you just be an inherently good person to achieve everlasting life after death? On the flip side... Inherently good people that aren't religious go to hell? That doesn't sound like this kind and loving god....it sounds more like putin than God.

What of you're born in the middle of the amazon and never seen civilized man let alone heard about religion?... all of them go to hell? If so...God is a B=====D

You are asking all the wrong questions. I'll say that the Church is what makes salvation possible; there is none without it. Are there non-Catholics in Heaven? Yes. Are there people who have never heard of God who are in Heaven? Yes. Are there Catholic popes in Hell? Yes. God judges every heart individually and we all have to account for our actions on earth.

I know what he asks of each of us, so I am doing all I can to abide in Him. He desires perfect unity with him, out of love, which is what He is. That requires us to love Him with all our mind, heart, and spirit. How do we express that love? To love our neighbor as ourselves, and as God loves us and all. To avoid sin and its occasion. To accept his Word as Truth, and to live that Truth out in the world.

"God predestines no one to go to hell; for this, a willful turning away from God (a mortal sin) is necessary, and persistence in it until the end. In the Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the Church implores the mercy of God, who does not want "any to perish, but all to come to repentance."​
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1037 LINK

Last edited:
We've already established that I trust scientists while you think they're all part of some worldwide conspiracy. That means I'm not making anything up, I'm accepting and repeating the opinions of the experts.

nope, not quite there. follow my instructions, I'm sure you'll get it. Here's another hint - look for the word "They" in post#209

As for this bit, yes you've established that all you have is the logical fallacy known as the "argument from authority" to abdicate personal responsibility to think for yourself, question the dogma or consider alternatives.

Now come on and let's see if you can figure it out what YOU made up.

Last edited:
nope, not quite there. follow my instructions, I'm sure you'll get it.

As for this bit, yes you've established that all you have is the logical fallacy known as the "argument from authority." It doesn't work anymore than pushing debunked claims like 97% (there's a third clue for you), a life giving compound is causing catastrophic climate change, etc, etc.

Now come on and let's see if you can figure it out what YOU made up.

The only thing I've figured out is that you are one of those tin foil hat wearing crazy people that thinks the government is lying to them about everything as part of some grand conspiracy that for some reason, you can't even explain.

Question for you, who planned and orchestrated the 9/11 attacks?

The only thing I've figured out is that you are one of those tin foil hat wearing crazy people that thinks the government is lying to them about everything as part of some grand conspiracy that for some reason, you can't even explain.

Question for you, who planned and orchestrated the 9/11 attacks?

OK, just so you don't hurt yourself banging your head against a wall or your desk, let me walk you through and see if you can take the last step.

In one post I said 'your boy Johnny does it all the time' meaning you make up definitions and facts. Then you replied:

gibberish, gibberish, gibberish. They don't call you Mr. 3% for nothing.

Blah, blah, blah NASA, blah, blah, blah

to which I replied:

They don't - see you're making stuff up right now.

Then for nearly a full page I've been leading you to the answer but you still insist I was talking about NASA. Have you figured it out yet? Don't make me lose faith. Look closely at the bolded words. You got this kid, I'm rooting for you so hard right now.

Last edited:
Back