Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tony Stewart hits, kills another driver

I don't know if that's true; I remember it being a pretty big deal when Dale Earhardt died. To the extent there is a discrepancy, it's probably a function of the fact that outside of a certain segment of the population that does not use adequate sun-protection on their obese, white flesh during the summer, no one really follows motorsports, and certainly not to the extent they do baseball, football, basketball or even hockey. so there's less attention focused on them generally.

there are a lot of deaths in pro-wrestling as well, but not as much scrutiny there either, for the same reason.

I also think in both cases, each industry employs slick PR teams to downplay any incidents, lest state or federal governments decide it's time to rein in the sloppy safety practices wrought by exploitative management that seeks to keep its operating costs low to wring every available cent of profit out of the spectacle.

This whole post is wrought with stereotype gibberish and just plain nonsense.

This whole post is wrought with stereotype gibberish and just plain nonsense.

11256435-large.jpg

"what is that Michchamp even talkin about, hurrr durrrr durrr"

The Indy 500 is by far the biggest hillbilly event I've ever been to and that's a bunch of 'Euro-homos' racing formula-1 cars.

Can't imagine a NASCAR race or other such, 'open wheel' racing

And the number of people defending Stewart today seems extraordinarily high

I guess because it makes auto-racing look particularly bad... cheap shots happen in every sport, but taking a cheap shot at a person with your car is attempted murder (and here by one of the sport's biggest names). This isn't just a hit after the whistle or a hard foul. This would be akin to Kobe Bryant pulling a switchblade and stabbing a rookie on the court. No one would tolerate it.

A black car with a driver wearing a black fire suit with a black helmet on a poorly lit portion of the track makes for a bad situation. It was an accident. That is all. Ward made a bad choice getting out of his car.

Even if Stewart "gunned his engine", no one can prove criminal intent. The only person alive that can say what happened is Stewart, and I have yet to see a interview.

another driver (one who avoided Ward) said he had no problem seeing him.

I expect the sheriff's office and others will backtrack and conduct a criminal investigation; even if no charges are filed, it would be a huge mistake to simply let this go.

Proving criminal intent, or at least recklessness (for a manslaughter charge)... obviously that would be the district attorney's job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess because it makes auto-racing look particularly bad... cheap shots happen in every sport, but taking a cheap shot at a person with your car is attempted murder (and here by one of the sport's biggest names). This isn't just a hit after the whistle or a hard foul. This would be akin to Kobe Bryant pulling a switchblade and stabbing a rookie on the court. No one would tolerate it.

I expect the sheriff's office and others will backtrack and conduct a criminal investigation; even if no charges are filed, it would be a huge mistake to simply let this go.

Proving criminal intent, or at least recklessness (for a manslaughter charge)... obviously that would be the district attorney's job.

I really don't follow racing but after reading about the accident and watching it several times I have to believe that Stewart intended to send the other driver a message by gunning his car as he went by (possibly to throw some dirt on him). There is no other explanation other than him trying to hurt the other driver by running him over. The other guy was stupid for getting out of his car and confronting Stewart. Stewart might not get charged but he is worth $70M...I hope that other driver's family gets a big chunk of that in a wrongful death lawsuit!

I really don't follow racing but after reading about the accident and watching it several times I have to believe that Stewart intended to send the other driver a message by gunning his car as he went by (possibly to throw some dirt on him). There is no other explanation other than him trying to hurt the other driver by running him over. The other guy was stupid for getting out of his car and confronting Stewart. Stewart might not get charged but he is worth $70M...I hope that other driver's family gets a big chunk of that in a wrongful death lawsuit!

Trying to "send a message" and "trying to hurt the other driver" are different. Not sure how anyone can show intent here. If Stewart did see him and sped up he'll have to live with that. But Ward is dead for one reason, for being an idiot.

Trying to "send a message" and "trying to hurt the other driver" are different. Not sure how anyone can show intent here. If Stewart did see him and sped up he'll have to live with that. But Ward is dead for one reason, for being an idiot.

I think he's dead because the rear wheel of a 1,200+ lb. sprint car, traveling at 40 MPH, hit his body.

Last edited by a moderator:

So you post a video of a racetrack in Australia as prove to the lighting condition at Canandaigua Speedway. This is beyond a reach.

So you post a video of a racetrack in Australia as prove to the lighting condition at Canandaigua Speedway. This is beyond a reach.

That's not why I posted it, and that's not even why the article I linked to posted it. You're not very good at this.

That's not why I posted it, and that's not even why the article I linked to posted it. You're not very good at this.

What was the purpose to the hyperlink to Australia Youtube video under "said he had no problem seeing him"?

You are trying to make a point, albeit a tainted and biased one.

What was the purpose to the hyperlink to Australia Youtube video under "said he had no problem seeing him"?

You are trying to make a point, albeit a tainted and biased one.

If you click on the link and scroll down, you'll see the quote from the other driver I was referring to, who said he had no problem seeing Ward on the track, and noting that no one else ran into him.

sorry. I should've told you exactly where to look, and cautioned that there were other bits of information on the page so that you didn't get confused.

If you click on the link and scroll down, you'll see the quote from the other driver I was referring to, who said he had no problem seeing Ward on the track, and noting that no one else ran into him.

sorry. I should've told you exactly where to look, and cautioned that there were other bits of information on the page so that you didn't get confused.

That contradicts what Wheels posted above. I'm not sure anyone knows what Stewart saw .. except Stewart.

I think ward would have been easier to see by the cars when he was up the track but as he went down the track he would have been harder to see because the right side of a Sprint car is one huge blind spot. I have friends and family who race this style car and some of my friends raced with Tony a few weeks ago. So I know the field of vision in these and trust me you cant see much at all out the right side. The top wing hangs over and blocks most of the window. They are also not easy to steer at all. You have to give it gas to steer. Much like driving a jet ski.

Why should a driver in one of these races be expected to avoid some dipshit walking on the track ...regardless...? And why then are people making excuses for Stewart gunning his engine just before hitting Ward?!

Seems contradictory.

Ward is stupid for leaving the car because ...who the fuck walks out onto a racetrack (a darkly lit one) where nobody is supposed to be and ---- just by random coincidence, the asshole who ran him off the track just happens to be the same asshole who hits him too.

Fuck Stewart and his corporate sponsors. Dude killed a guy -- "intent" to kill irrelevant -- by driving into him while, magically, every other driver didn't kill him.

Coincidence?

Not a fucking chance.

And when corporate dollars and sponsors win, Stewart gets off, and screw Ward and his lived ones ...only Tony Stewart will know he accidentally killed a young man because his ego couldn't take such a young punk calling him out for Bullshit behavior earlier.

Rednecks.

They suck.

You have a lot of nothing there..Victors. Ward's a dumbass and the things I've read, those things have blind spots, need to give it gas to steer, the guy who just missed him (his rep or whomever he was said he barely saw him), and now a driver said Stewart did everything in his power..etc.

The person the Ward family has to blame is the fucking lame tard who decided to get out of his car and walk on a track..in fact his parents are probably calling him a dumbass right now.

Back