Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Top 5 Worst Presidents

I feel like Jimmy Carter was undermined big time by the military and other lobbyist sleazebags in DC.

I mean, the guy was a freaking nuclear engineer in the Navy, a reasonable man, and a decent human being. of course he wasn't going to sign off on the orgy of defense spending and middle-class breaking initiatives DC wanted. so... enter that clown Reagan... a bad actor, and career glad-hander.

I have to agree with most Carter was bad, maybe top 10 bad.

He would have made a great Sec. State, but he failed as a President.

I feel like Jimmy Carter was undermined big time by the military and other lobbyist sleazebags in DC.

I mean, the guy was a freaking nuclear engineer in the Navy, a reasonable man, and a decent human being. of course he wasn't going to sign off on the orgy of defense spending and middle-class breaking initiatives DC wanted. so... enter that clown Reagan... a bad actor, and career glad-hander.

Carter was undermined by himself and his party. He came to town thinking he was better than Washington insiders and refused to work with Tip O'Neil. By 1980, the left wing of the party had enough and Ted Kennedy challenged him for president. He also proved ineffective handling the major issues of the day (except Israel-Egypt).

Dubya didnt even win the election! that alone should put him at number 1 lol. No one even wanted him there. No one voted him to be there. He needed a bunch of shady shit in his brother's state to happen in order for him to be elected.

Grant liked to drink.

I don't know if you drink Byco, but I do recall a post from the past where you indicated you may have a time when put one or two back at the Cottage on occasion.

I enjoy alcohol in moderation.

Dubya didnt even win the election! that alone should put him at number 1 lol. No one even wanted him there. No one voted him to be there. He needed a bunch of shady shit in his brother's state to happen in order for him to be elected.

You would be the TSmith of liberalist stupidity.

We got it knucklehead, you hate the man. Give it a rest.

:zzz:

You would be the TSmith of liberalist stupidity.

We got it knucklehead, you hate the man. Give it a rest.

:zzz:

and youre just plain stupid....we get it. You dont need to post anymore to keep proving it. Check the facts i posted in regards to that election then feel free to discuss fuckface.

what % of the vote did he get?
What in the world wasnt shady about the florida recount?

instead of calling names (which is about all youre good for) try posting something to recant anything i said and ill be glad to debate with you. Till then youll just be a fuckface.

Last edited:
and youre just plain stupid....we get it. You dont need to post anymore to keep proving it. Check the facts i posted in regards to that election then feel free to discuss fuckface.

what % of the vote did he get?
What in the world wasnt shady about the florida recount?

instead of calling names (which is about all youre good for) try posting something to recant anything i said and ill be glad to debate with you. Till then youll just be a fuckface.

dumb dumb...the 1st recount was performed by democratic clerks in Broward, Dade & Palm Beach county's. They're run by Democrats

George W. Bush’s vote tallies, especially in the key state of Florida, are so statistically stunning that they border on the unbelievable.

While it’s extraordinary for a candidate to get a vote total that exceeds his party’s registration in any voting jurisdiction – because of non-voters – Bush racked up more votes than registered Republicans in 47 out of 67 counties in Florida. In 15 of those counties, his vote total more than doubled the number of registered Republicans and in four counties, Bush more than tripled the number.

Statewide, Bush earned about 20,000 more votes than registered Republicans.

dumb dumb.....
http://www.economist.com/node/519110?story_id=E1_VTJTTD

ever hear of independents..dumb dumb

retard

The election was noteworthy for a controversy over the awarding of Florida's 25 electoral votes, the subsequent recount process in that state, and the unusual event of the winning candidate having received fewer popular votes than the runner-up.[1] It was the fourth election in which the electoral vote winner did not also receive a plurality of the popular vote.

what does having fewer votes nationally have anything to do with
the florida recount dumb dumb?

retard...they were counted by machine and some of those counties didnt meet the deadline and turned in their previous votes

The final result in Florida was slim enough to require a mandatory recount (by machine) under state law; Bush's lead had dwindled to about 300 votes by the time it was completed later that week. A count of overseas military ballots later boosted his margin to about 900 votes. David Brower of The New York Times believes that some overseas absentee ballots were counted despite their illegality: some arrived after the deadline, were not postmarked, or were not signed. [50]

Florida Supreme CourtMost of the post-electoral controversy revolved around Gore's request for hand recounts in four counties (Broward, Miami Dade, Palm Beach, and Volusia), as provided under Florida state law. Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris announced she would reject any revised totals from those counties if they were not turned in by November 14, the statutory deadline for amended returns. The Florida Supreme Court extended the deadline to November 26, a decision later vacated by the U.S. Supreme Court. Miami-Dade eventually halted its recount and resubmitted its original total to the state canvassing board, while Palm Beach County failed to meet the extended deadline. On November 26, the state canvassing board certified Bush the winner of Florida's electors by 537 votes. Gore formally contested the certified results, but a state court decision overruling Gore was reversed by the Florida Supreme Court, which ordered a recount of over 70,000 ballots previously rejected by machine counters. The U.S. Supreme Court quickly halted the order.

what does having fewer votes nationally have anything to do with
the florida recount dumb dumb?

it justifies what i posted...most of the country didnt want him in office. i Actually use facts to post unlike some people on here :p over 500k more votes is pretty substantial imo.

National resultsThough Gore came in second in the electoral vote, he received 543,895 more popular votes than Bush

Gore wanted recounts in dem counties only, LOL...of course he loses the appeal

Obama should celebrate W's 2000 win because he'd not be the president now without it.

it justifies what i posted...most of the country didnt want him in office. i Actually use facts to post unlike some people on here :p over 500k more votes is pretty substantial imo.

National resultsThough Gore came in second in the electoral vote, he received 543,895 more popular votes than Bush

please tell me the section in the constitution that elects our president by popular vote. The framers had a reason for the electoral college

George W. Bush?s vote tallies, especially in the key state of Florida, are so statistically stunning that they border on the unbelievable.

While it?s extraordinary for a candidate to get a vote total that exceeds his party?s registration in any voting jurisdiction ? because of non-voters ? Bush racked up more votes than registered Republicans in 47 out of 67 counties in Florida. In 15 of those counties, his vote total more than doubled the number of registered Republicans and in four counties, Bush more than tripled the number.

Statewide, Bush earned about 20,000 more votes than registered Republicans.

:bs:

Typical crap from you. You are quoting complete bullshit as usual.

Like I said, I get your hatred - it is what you do.

LOL at your lame attempt at a comeback. Fuckface?!? What are you 5 years old?

retard

The election was noteworthy for a controversy over the awarding of Florida's 25 electoral votes, the subsequent recount process in that state, and the unusual event of the winning candidate having received fewer popular votes than the runner-up.[1] It was the fourth election in which the electoral vote winner did not also receive a plurality of the popular vote.

Asshole - it was over 10 years ago, and you still have that stuck in your craw?

. . . and you had the nerve to call me angry. Riiight - who's the angry one?

Back