Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Top 5 Worst Presidents

it didnt matter anyway, the mostly lib media went in and did the recount..Bush wins

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-...der-bush-won-florida-recounts-conducted-media

That look was followed in November by an analysis by a consortium of media outlets, including the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, CNN and AP. It determined that George W. Bush still would have won under either legally possible recount scenario which could have occurred: The Florida Supreme Court ordered recount of undervotes statewide or Gore?s request for a recount in certain counties. The New York Times led its November 12, 2001 front page article, ?Study of Disputed Florida Ballots Finds Justices Did Not Cast the Deciding Vote,? by reporters Ford Fessenden and John M. Broder:

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-...lorida-recounts-conducted-media#ixzz1uJcZmdaJ

As usual Hughes has got nothing but rhetoric and hatred.

Asshole - it was over 10 years ago, and you still have that stuck in your craw?

. . . and you had the nerve to call me angry. Riiight - who's the angry one?

dude...its a thread about the worst president and im merely using factualy evidence why he shouldnt have been president in the first place. You can view that as hatred all you want but no one was calling anyone names until your post came along. Its a common theme amongst most of your posts. You start name calling...then when ppl fire back at you you start to cry.....stop being such a little bitch....srsly.

me and tsmith bicker all the time on the poilitical threads and its all in good fun. we call each other names and it stays just that...he has his ideals....i have mine. You take it to a whole nother level and worse off you just call people wrong and stupid and dont give any opinion of your own. Being on a message board and not having an opinion on anything while calling others dumb.....IS FUCKING DUMB lol.

Last edited:
dude...its a thread about the worst president and im merely using factualy evidence why he shouldnt have been president in the first place. You can view that as hatred all you want but no one was calling anyone names until your post came along. Its a common theme amongst most of your posts. You start name calling...then when ppl fire back at you you start to cry.....stop being such a little bitch....srsly.

me and tsmith bicker all the time on the poilitical threads and its all in good fun. we call each other names and it stays just that...he has his ideals....i have mine. You take it to a whole nother level and worse off you just call people wrong and stupid and dont give any opinion of your own. Being on a message board and not having an opinion on anything while calling others dumb.....IS FUCKING DUMB lol.

Dude, when I said you were the TSmith of liberal stupidity - you didn't see any humor in that? At the very least the sarcasm meter should be flying off the chart.

You accuse me of calling you stupid, but I think you need to go back to English 101. Note which word "stupidity" applies to in the sentence. I'll give you a hint - it wasn't you. I didn't even imply that you were stupid for following those liberal ideas. Many of the folks here follow conservative stupidity all the time, and are definitely NOT stupid in my opinion. Nobody called you any horrible names in that first post. The worst I called you is, knucklehead (wow - you're right that is a whole other level).

Calling you wrong or a hater is an opinion like everyone else's opinion. There is nothing wrong with that. You do that all the time, and not just with Smitty.

Also, calling you out for repeating in any post that mentions the name Bush, all of your hate filled opinions about how evil he must be, just gets tiring. So you take offense because I told you to give it a rest?

When you post outright nonsense, from God knows what site, and one small Goggle search pulls up 10 or so articles like the one I quoted, to me that is offering an opposing opinion with substance. Did you read the link? I read your links. They are mostly biased rhetoric mixed in with a few facts that really don't prove your points, especially when your conclusion is the entire country didn't want him. You believe that malarky?

Two things:
1) You need a bit of a thicker skin. I very infrequently take it to another level unless the responder has gotten their panties all in a bunch, and started throwing around "fuckface" insults. Compare my first post with your response. If calling you a knucklehead is equivalent to any of the spewed insults you returned with, I'll eat my hat.
2) Just because you aren't willing to read my links or actually get my arguments, does not mean I don't give my opinion. I do all the time. I realize you're all about poking fun at the quoted sites from all the righty blogs that are out there. Goodie for you. If I come across something meaningful, I'll post it. Saying I never give my opinions has nothing to do with reality. You just choose to ignore them.

<<You start name calling...then when ppl fire back at you you start to cry.....stop being such a little bitch....srsly.>>

Really? Sounds to me like you are the one whining and bitching.

Last edited:
Well the sophistication level of this thread sure has devolved since I last checked in a few days ago...

Well the sophistication level of this thread sure has devolved since I last checked in a few days ago...

it is kinda surprising that KAWDUP, the most intelligent guy who posts here, tends to drag the sophistication level down with his ad hominem attacks, and personal squabbles.

I have a couple of more lists I was gonna throw up, too...actors who have played Nixon...I think I can find five... (I might have to include Dan Akroyd though)...and then actors who have played other presidents.

I thought my list of actors who have played fictitious presidents (from generally pop culturally iconic films and TV shows) was pretty good. I would have posted the actual names of the fictitious presidents they played, but I thought probably nobody would get it.

Last edited:
Harrison Ford
Morgan Freeman
Roy Schneider
Martin Sheen
Mark Harmon

I think Harrison Ford doesn't belong on this list.

although, his tenure as president seemed to involve more crazy stuff happening than normal, so... I guess maybe by default.

Morgan Freeman... seems like if you elect him president you are just ASKING for a meteor to clobber the earth.

EDIT: you're right tinsel, if you had posted the characters they played, I would probably only get 1, which was the Harrison Ford one; from the Tom Clancy movie... Jack Ryan, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

although, his tenure as president seemed to involve more crazy stuff happening than normal, so... I guess maybe by default.

Morgan Freeman... seems like if you elect him president you are just ASKING for a meteor to clobber the earth.

EDIT: you're right tinsel, if you had posted the characters they played, I would probably only get 1, which was the Harrison Ford one; from the Tom Clancy movie... Jack Ryan, right?

Air Force One

Off the top of my head (bad pun) given the first name on the list

Kennedy: Martin Sheen, Gren Kinear, Steven Collins, Bruce Greenwood
Nixon: Rip Torn, Anthony Hopkins, Frank Langella
FDR: John Voight, Edward Hermann, Ralph Bellamy, James Whitmore
Lincoln: Sam Waterston, Henry Fonda
Washington: Peter Graves, Jeff Daniels
Jefferson: Nick Nolte
Adams: Paul Giamatti

Dan Hedaya - Nixon
Gary Sinese - Truman
Josh Brolin - George W. Bush

Last edited:
Timothy Bottoms also played George W. Bush, both in a serious role (that 9/11 movie), and in the short-lived spoof of Bush's White House the south park guys created for Comedy Central ("That's My Bush"). Anybody remember that one? Was actually a pretty tasteless show. I didn't really like it.

it is kinda surprising that KAWDUP, the most intelligent guy who posts here, tends to drag the sophistication level down with his ad hominem attacks, and personal squabbles.

HA - you should talk. Things devolve exponentially when you enter an argument.

You are the king of ad hominem everything so I guess if it takes one to know one, you got that covered pretty well.

This thread most certainly was already a personal squabble before I made a single post.
:shrug:

HA - you should talk. Things devolve exponentially when you enter an argument.

You are the king of ad hominem everything ...

:bs:

LOL, WHAT?

I typically take WAY more personal abuse than I dish out.

In the Clancy novels, Jack Ryan became president, but I'm about 99% certain no film was made of a Clancy novel in which Jack Ryan was president at the time.

Harrison Ford played Jack Ryan in "Patriot Games" and "A Clear and Present Danger," and Ben Afflec played Ryan in "The Sum of All Fears;" in those three Ryan was with the CIA at the time.

Alec Baldwin had played Ryan in "The Hunt for Red October;" he was either a CIA analyst on a submarine or a Naval Officer at that time, I don't remember exactly which (James Bond had been a Commander in the Royal Navy before joinging MI6).

Harrison Ford played President James Marshall in "Air Force One."

Best part of that movie was that a presidential aide had taped the Notre Dame - Michigan game for the president, and he was watching at the time the plane was taken over.

Last edited:
when I was in high school, I thought Tom Clancy books and movies were the shit. then later I was like, "LOL @ these ridiculous plotlines"

so I never saw Air Force One. Hunt For Red October was okay. Clear and Present Danger... okay. Patriot Games... absurd.

In the Clancy novels, Jack Ryan became president, but I'm about 99% certain no film was made of a Clancy novel in which Jack Ryan was president at the time.

Harrison Ford played Jack Ryan in "Patriot Games" and "A Clear and Present Danger," and Ben Afflec played Ryan in "The Sum of All Fears;" in those three Ryan was with the CIA at the time.

Alec Baldwin had played Ryan in "The Hunt for Red October;" he was either a CIA analyst on a submarine or a Naval Officer at that time, I don't remember exactly which (James Bond had been a Commander in the Royal Navy before joinging MI6).

Harrison Ford played President James Marshall in "Air Force One."

Best part of that movie was that a presidential aide had taped the Notre Dame - Michigan game for the president, and he was watching at the time the plane was taken over.

Jack Ryan was teaching at Annapolis during the events of Patriot Games, when the CIA recruited him full time as an analyst as part of deal he made in getting the CIA's help to attempt to kill the IRA terrorists.

He eventually worked his way up to Deputy Director of Intelligence and to CIA Deputy Director, then National Security Advisor, then appointed Vice President, seconds before a plane crashes into the Capitol and kills the entire government.

Pretty unlikely scenario, but nobody reads fiction because it could actually happen.

"Air Force One" was OK. Ford played the most kickass President since Bill Pullman in "Independence Day."

Pullman played President Thomas J. Whitmore, a former Air Force pilot who joins Will Smith up in the air to vanquish the invading space aliens - a real life George W. Bush.

"Air Force One" was OK. Ford played the most kickass President since Bill Pullman in "Independence Day."

Pullman played President Thomas J. Whitmore, a former Air Force pilot who joins Will Smith up in the air to vanquish the invading space aliens - a real life George W. Bush.

Except in Independence Day the president had combat experience. :lmao:

Back