Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Top Target

atxlion82

With Suh going to Miami who is going to be our #1 target this off season?

And they're going to overpay. And we're the dumb ones? lol

Not at all. If the Colts are offering him double what other teams are offering him in guaranteed money. Yeah, pretty sure Detroit is not resigning Fairley.

I'd kind of like to see Dan Williams here. Not a "splashy" name, but one hell of a run stopper.

I'd kind of like to see Dan Williams here. Not a "splashy" name, but one hell of a run stopper.

Re-sign Mosley
Sign Paea
Malcom Brown in the 1st
Fluellen and Reid add depth

I think that is a good group of DT's. Is it a step down from 2014 - of course. But you can get good production from a group like that.

1) Orlando Franklin - dominant guard to replace Sims. Has also played RT at a very high level, in case Waddle cannot stay healthy.
2) Fairley - Obvious
3) Mosley - Obvious
4) Stephen Wisniewski - high end run-blocking OC. Swanson struggled as a rookie in all the ways his draft profile suggested (got pushed around, high IQ but low ceiling). Swanson remains in the role of backup interior lineman, which is still valuable.
5) Brandon Graham - a better version of Avril/Young. Really adept at getting to the QB, but not bad against the run like those two. Low sack totals and playing time mean he might come cheaper than other FAs.
6) Mathis - we don't have a better option yet, hope he has one more good year left.
7) Draft a DB who can either stay healthy in the slot or push Mathis out by year 2.
8) Draft another DT for depth and to take over for Mosley in the future.

Knighton, Wilfork, or Dan Williams

Pls.

After that how about Mike Iupiatu or however you spell it

Clint Boling - Franklin signed with the Chargers. Need to replace Sims.

Nick Fairley and Stephen Paea - Need two starting DTs

Chris Culliver - Mathis is getting too old. Need a starter opposite Slay.

I don't see a lot more money to sign guys other than vet minimum deals.

We have to have a quality draft this year with multiple starters as rookies.

Last edited:
Pass on Culliver. He's got future locker room problems written all over him.

You guys do realize Suh played 81% of our defensive snaps. If we expect Mosely and Fairley to replace that production in terms of just being present on the field we need at least one and preferably two more at least replacement caliber players at DT. That or draft a aortic defibrillator in the second round.

Knighton or Dan Williams, preferably Williams. Resign Mosley. Sign Mathis again, draft a best available DT/OL/CB.

I at least want to see our two clowns Meyhew and Lewand do something.. Heck freaking make a damn you-tube video making a peanut butter sandwich. For the love of god do something while we still have a shot to make the playoffs...

Back