Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Transfer portal moves

hungry

Will Hart has entered the transfer portal

Dobbins was doing the majority of the punting this season.

RB Christian Turner gone

I don't think he played this season

It's too bad, Turner had promise and its too bad he couldn't hang on to the ball. The kid has burst.

Resurrection of this thread: Joe Milton transferring. Link

Last edited:
Resurrection of this thread: Joe Milton transferring. Link

Wow.

Well... good luck to him. He can probably make it in a less-competitive conference.

I know the knock on him was mostly accuracy (something he struggled with even in HS). I could see him being more successful in an offense that needs a guy with a cannon for an arm, who can run a bit, against opponents who can't cover receivers.

Good luck to Milton. Just start the freshman next year. Not like we're going to be very good anyway.

Wow.

Well... good luck to him. He can probably make it in a less-competitive conference.

I know the knock on him was mostly accuracy (something he struggled with even in HS). I could see him being more successful in an offense that needs a guy with a cannon for an arm, who can run a bit, against opponents who can't cover receivers.

Still waiting for the first Harbaugh-QB to last four years at Michigan and graduate.

Still waiting for the first Harbaugh-QB to last four years at Michigan and graduate.

I hope not.

Don?t all the really successful QBs enter the draft after their junior or even sophomore seasons these days?

Ben VanSumeren transfers to Michigan State

That's interesting

I'm confused... I am not seeing a single post on Alan Bowman transferring to UM.

While I would prefer Cade and JJ to have Harbaugh's focus, it seems this is the new way of doing things.

At some point I could see coaches being focused on acquiring great talent through the TP over recruiting. Seems if a coach were to go after proven top players from the top 30 teams they could build a NC that way as opposed to to recruiting, but currently the only players involved in TP are guys who lost their starting jobs, if they ever had them to begin with.

I'm confused... I am not seeing a single post on Alan Bowman transferring to UM.

While I would prefer Cade and JJ to have Harbaugh's focus, it seems this is the new way of doing things.

Maybe an insurance policy, or JH is not yet confident in who?s running the offense.

At some point I could see coaches being focused on acquiring great talent through the TP over recruiting. Seems if a coach were to go after proven top players from the top 30 teams they could build a NC that way as opposed to to recruiting, but currently the only players involved in TP are guys who lost their starting jobs, if they ever had them to begin with.

Seems that these players may also talk about their plans to enter the TP and where they are going, so that a few could migrate as a block to another school. Then, the players who are displaced become forgotten, or are forced to transfer, usw.

EDIT: Rutgers, i.e. is receiving six D Lineman from the TP. Not all are immediate, but, that can?t be random. And its 2022 class is #6 in the nation presently.

Last edited:
yeah, WTF?

maybe he had a girlfriend there or some dumb thing like that

TP will erode the existing lines of demarcation between rivals, IMO. The lines of communication are wide open and 24/7 now.

TP will erode the existing lines of demarcation between rivals, IMO. The lines of communication are wide open and 24/7 now.

The sport will do anything... ANYTHING to avoid having to pay the players directly and fairly, and so preserve the sleazy gravy train for the adult mutants that are feeding off it.

Last season was already unwatchable for me.

I wonder if college football just collapses on its own in the next couple years? or gets relegated to more of a fringe audience.

Last season was already unwatchable for me.

I wonder if college football just collapses on its own in the next couple years? or gets relegated to more of a fringe audience.

It?s rubber-stamp football. Every game looks alike. And that was not the case BITD even when every team was running a version of the Wishbone, Power I, or V E E R.

It?s rubber-stamp football. Every game looks alike. And that was not the case BITD even when every team was running a version of the Wishbone, Power I, or V E E R.

One more reason I enjoy watching the Service Academies with their Triple Option...at least it is different from the standard today. I would LUV to see a team roll out the Wishbone even if it is just for one game because they recognize a strategic advantage the formation has against a specific opponent.

I?m trying to get excited but I just can?t with how much a failure Jim has been. I sort of agree with the thought football is getting unwatchable. It?s weird but I just don?t find much to get excited for on the football field. Maybe to much losing has gotten to me. Hopefully Jim can find his inner Jim.

Back