Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Transfer portal moves

Our current director of recruiting (Matt Dudek) resigned and is purportedly going to Miss St. (link)

Dudek worked at Michigan since July 2017 after a stint at Arizona, where he served under former Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez and held multiple titles, most notably director of player personnel.
What the heck?

Our current director of recruiting (Matt Dudek) resigned and is purportedly going to Miss St. (link)

Dudek worked at Michigan since July 2017 after a stint at Arizona, where he served under former Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez and held multiple titles, most notably director of player personnel.
What the heck?

So, basically, Dudek entered the Coaching Transfer Portal and will now be a Bulldog.

If coaches can use their Transfer Portal multiple times, it probably won't be too long before players can as well. Why should players only be allowed to use it one time? Seems that infringes on their basic freedoms. They should be able to Transfer as long as they have eligibility and another team is willing to bring them onto the team.

I expect that there will be at some point other options for HS players with professional aspirations to pursue football other than college, as there is in baseball, basketball, and hockey, and no one seems to think that is unusual. The college model is not a fit for every HS player.

I expect that there will be at some point other options for HS players with professional aspirations to pursue football other than college, as there is in baseball, basketball, and hockey, and no one seems to think that is unusual. The college model is not a fit for every HS player.

the problem is establishing a league that is financially successful. The XFL allowed players to go straight out of high school but that league failed.

While I agree that would be ideal, I think CFB stands to lose too much $$$ to not change in any way necessary to keep the $$$ rolling in. Corruption, greed, cheating...how much do they already overlook? NCAA legit does not care because if they did care and actually shut down programs like O$U, they know from what happened to $MU that the program takes decades to recover and that school loses millions...perhaps billions in the case of larger schools like O$U.

Only way it changes is if fans have had enough and stop following it. But they won't. Their setup is perfect. Get kids on campus to buy tons of merch for life and keep following the program and raise their children to follow it, perpetually spending money regardless of how much prices go up. The business side of CFB is fucking brilliant in its addiction, marketing, and more. But if they do not find a way to balance things more, fans will become fed up and stop spending the money and stop watching the games. We are already seeing that element growing. If a team never has a chance, fans lose interest.

They need to figure out how to make it more balanced. O$U just keeps giving players more $$$. I do not believe even paying players and having a salary cap will fix the issue as O$U and others will navigate around the cap to have their unfair advantage maintained. It is not really about having better coaches, it is about having better crooks. When Saban retires, Alabama will continue paying and it just becomes another O$U where it does not matter who is coaching.

Last edited:
While I agree that would be ideal, I think CFB stands to lose too much $$$ to not change in any way necessary to keep the $$$ rolling in. Corruption, greed, cheating...how much do they already overlook? NCAA legit does not care because if they did care and actually shut down programs like O$U, they know from what happened to $MU that the program takes decades to recover and that school loses millions...perhaps billions in the case of larger schools like O$U.

The NCAA will continue to be, in the words of an author I met, the ?Sheriff and the Saloon Keeper.? If it?s all one or the other, it perishes.

Only way it changes is if fans have had enough and stop following it. But they won't. Their setup is perfect. Get kids on campus to buy tons of merch for life and keep following the program and raise their children to follow it, perpetually spending money regardless of how much prices go up. The business side of CFB is fucking brilliant in its addiction, marketing, and more. But if they do not find a way to balance things more, fans will become fed up and stop spending the money and stop watching the games. We are already seeing that element growing. If a team never has a chance, fans lose interest.

College football keeps telling us it?s important and we keep believing the lie.

They need to figure out how to make it more balanced. O$U just keeps giving players more $$$. I do not believe even paying players and having a salary cap will fix the issue as O$U and others will navigate around the cap to have their unfair advantage maintained. It is not really about having better coaches, it is about having better crooks. When Saban retires, Alabama will continue paying and it just becomes another O$U where it does not matter who is coaching.

The key is for the big demographic bell to stop following the sport. I think that the injurious nature of it will be its ultimate demise.

Last edited:
Back