Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trumpgret

Gulo Blue

It's starting to look like there's a chance the dems will sweep Pres, House, and Senate. A chance. At the same time, I think it's fair to say the Dems are swinging further left. Trump gave the right a lot of stuff they wanted, but at the same time, he's the driving force behind never Trumpers that's pushed some to flip not only to vote for Dems, but any Dem, even really left Dems they never would have voted for previously (ok, I'm projecting there.) Is the pendulum just going to keep rocking further and further back and forth or is a party (maybe Republicans) going to see value in heading back to the middle? It would be wild if Trump triggered a long term shift where Republicans go centrist while the Dems get dominated by the extreme of their base.

If anyone thinks moving left to the "center" is the answer as they watch the left now even eating their own, they are out of their minds. There is no middle as far as the dem base is concerned. And if Republicans are dumb enough to think they can get their old establishment Republican ways back by voting for the AOCs of the world, they deserve everything they get.

Last edited:
It's starting to look like there's a chance the dems will sweep Pres, House, and Senate. A chance. At the same time, I think it's fair to say the Dems are swinging further left. Trump gave the right a lot of stuff they wanted, but at the same time, he's the driving force behind never Trumpers that's pushed some to flip not only to vote for Dems, but any Dem, even really left Dems they never would have voted for previously (ok, I'm projecting there.) Is the pendulum just going to keep rocking further and further back and forth or is a party (maybe Republicans) going to see value in heading back to the middle? It would be wild if Trump triggered a long term shift where Republicans go centrist while the Dems get dominated by the extreme of their base.

I left the Republican Party in 2000 after stupid George Bush won the Cali primary and started voting Libertarian in presidential general elections - I did vote for McCain in 2008.

I thought it was a mistake for Kasich to not make the same grudging endorsement of Trump that Cruz and Rubio did, and to not make at least an appearance at his party?s National Convention in his own state.

I kind of don?t get his endorsing Joe Biden ? it would make more sense for him to make another grudging endorsement of Trump and just stay out of it from there on.

I?ll vote libertarian again this year.

AOC looks like a Disney princess.

I would bang her in a heartbeat.

I would vote for her never.

I don't think, pre-Trump, someone that would push this would ever polled this high. Biden never would have pushed it either. I agree that Trump is more of a result than a cause of where we are, but I think the Trump swing to the right is enabling a push in the other direction now.

Biden to unveil $775 billion plan to fund universal child care and in-home elder care
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/21/bid...n-plan-to-fund-child-care-and-elder-care.html

I don't think, pre-Trump, someone that would push this would ever polled this high. Biden never would have pushed it either. I agree that Trump is more of a result than a cause of where we are, but I think the Trump swing to the right is enabling a push in the other direction now.

Biden to unveil $775 billion plan to fund universal child care and in-home elder care
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/21/bid...n-plan-to-fund-child-care-and-elder-care.html

I think the push to the left has been happening long before Trump, and it's a big part of the reason why we have Trump now - not the only reason, establishment Rs like the Bush II, his brother, McConnell, Flake, Boehner, McCain, etc. are also a big reason why. I was against him for the nom, can't stand him as a person but as a President I think he's been the most effective since Reagan. My hope is that a second term would be spent on deficits/spending but I have my doubts, for good reason. what I don't doubt, is spending will be at least as bad and probably worse under Biden, plus he's at least as big a liar as Trump and, I believe more corrupt.

Last edited:
"The first part of the plan is aimed at expanding care for children between birth and five years old. It includes sliding-scale subsidies and tax credits to help working families afford child care"

doesn't sound like universal child care...wouldn't universal child care would be for everyone, regardless of income?

"The first part of the plan is aimed at expanding care for children between birth and five years old. It includes sliding-scale subsidies and tax credits to help working families afford child care"

doesn't sound like universal child care...wouldn't universal child care would be for everyone, regardless of income?

you just tested out of the first three classes for a degree in marketing. You're ready for "Advanced Lipstick on a Pig - 301".

Last edited:

It means the fat racist white ladies can go back to the dog park to complain about life...trump supporters are going to love this.

Last edited:
It means the fat racist white ladies can go back to the dog park to complain about life...trump supporters are going to love this.

how do you know they're racist? While we're at it, how do you know they're fat? Or white? Would only a racist white woman toting a few extra lbs want to have their kids go back to school? What about a fat or skinny, racist or not, black woman or man? Would they not have any ideas about when and how kids should go back to school? Or would they not go to a dog park because they don't want people to think they live in a shithole?

By the way, I'm guessing you've never been to a third world country - they're aren't many fat people living in those shitholes. Obesity is a disease of affluence.

Last edited:
how do you know they're racist? While we're at it, how do you know they're fat? Or white? Would only a racist white woman toting a few extra lbs want to have their kids go back to school? What about a fat or skinny, racist or not, black woman or man? Would they not have any ideas about when and how kids should go back to school? Or would they not go to a dog park because they don't want people to think they live in a shithole?

By the way, I'm guessing you've never been to a third world country - they're aren't many fat people living in those shitholes. Obesity is a disease of affluence.

Once, at the dog park, I’m rubbing my dog so that some of the loose fur comes off of her – there’s a word for that but I forgot what it is.

So some jack ass with a foreign accent approaches me and starts giving me shit for it. He says to me “you’re treating this park like it’s a dump…”

Now, here’s something about me - if you don’t know me, don’t get in my face. Okay, if I’m doing something criminally heinous intervene - but I don’t do criminally heinous things.

Now, everybody who takes their dog to the park loves their dog and loves taking them to the park – because the dogs love it - that said, they’re not that pleasant otherwise because, obviously, they’re filthy - because there’s dogshit everywhere. Dog parks are like a little section of the filthy Third World carved out and dropped into areas of wealth and affluence.

So anyway, I just went off on the guy. I said “making the park a dump? That’s an insult to dumps. Look around here – the primary substance here is dog shit!”

Then I went on a litany of profane tirades and insults including calling him fat and the guy came to the conclusion, I guess, that I’m the kind of person that if you don’t know me – you do not want to get in my face.

This story I remembered because it is kind of in keeping with the theme of Third World and dog parks.

Last edited:
or is a party (maybe Republicans) going to see value in heading back to the middle? It would be wild if Trump triggered a long term shift where Republicans go centrist while the Dems get dominated by the extreme of their base.

6gRCnAr.gif

Once, at the dog park, I’m rubbing my dog so that some of the loose fur comes off of her – there’s a word for that but I forgot what it is.

So some jack ass with a foreign accent approaches me and starts giving me shit for it. He says to me “you’re treating this park like it’s a dump…”

Now, here’s something about me - if you don’t know me, don’t get in my face. Okay, if I’m doing something criminally heinous intervene - but I don’t do criminally heinous things.

Now, everybody who takes their dog to the park loves their dog and loves taking them to the park – because the dogs love it - that said, they’re not that pleasant otherwise because, obviously, they’re filthy - because there’s dogshit everywhere. Dog parks are like a little section of the filthy Third World carved out and dropped into areas of wealth and affluence.

So anyway, I just went off on the guy. I said “making the park a dump? That’s an insult to dumps. Look around here – the primary substance here is dog shit!”

Then I went on a litany of profane tirades and insults including calling him fat and the guy came to the conclusion, I guess, that I’m the kind of person that if you don’t know me – you do not want to get in my face.

This story I remembered because it is kind of in keeping with the theme of Third World and dog parks.

People aren’t required or expected to pick up their dogs’ business at dog parks in LA and they don’t get shamed by racist white fat ladies for not doing it? That’s another big difference between the East and left coast.

Last edited:
Back