Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trumpgret

Or hes a dictator that doesnt think the rules apply to him. Not that far fetched when it comes to him...

That?s what every partisan says about the other side - haven?t you heard people calling our governor Newsollini? In Michigan, they?re calling the governor Hitmer.

Trump has been thwarted plenty by both the legislative and judicial branches of our federal government, also state and local governments.

That?s what every partisan says about the other side - haven?t you heard people calling our governor Newsollini? In Michigan, they?re calling the governor Hitmer.

Trump has been thwarted plenty by both the legislative and judicial branches of our federal government, also state and local governments.
What you're saying is true, but the political situation isn't business as usual either. Who's the last incumbent to have this much opposition from his own party?

LBJ had a pretty tough go of it.

At the end, Barry Goldwater went to the White House and told Richard Nixon that there were enough Republican votes in the Senate – including his own - to remove him when the House inevitably would impeach him. So there’s another one.

But Trump’s problems with his own party only weaken claims that he is “a dictator.”

I understand it’s hyperbolic; I refer to Gavin Newsom as “Nusollini” myself.

Last edited:
At the end, Barry Goldwater went to the White House and told Richard Nixon that there were enough Republican votes in the Senate ? including his own - to remove him when the House inevitably would impeach him. So there?s another one.
I think those are also pretty good examples of it not being business as usual.

He definitely loves to wind up the TDS crowd.

I love to wind up everyone. Some just happen to bite more than others. Bob and Tiger are my most common catch.

Ironically enough, I got more snarky Trump comments when I compliment the douchebag than when I don't. Trumpets want to be angry as much as TDS carriers want to be offended.

Last edited:
I think those are also pretty good examples of it not being business as usual.

Anyways we?ll see what happens.

1) I won?t vote for Trump nor Biden and 2) to my word, I did vote for Tulsi Gabbard for the Dem nomination for POTUS.

1) I won?t vote for Trump nor Biden and 2) to my word, I did vote for Tulsi Gabbard for the Dem nomination for POTUS.

Aside from being gorgeous, she's also been one of the more sane, intelligent politicians during Covid. Shame she isn't somewhere that can make a difference.

Is that decision influenced by the futility of voting for President in CA?

Yes.

It goes 1) they both suck...2) they both suck...etc...and on to 26) Cali is a given anyway.

I get reason 26. I don't buy in with the first 25 reasons this time though. If I have to eat on a plane, I do make a choice between the two bad offerings. There are times when you need to send a message that the choices are bad, but sometimes you still gotta eat.

They both suck, but I believe the biggest driver of human suffering over the next 100 years that will be impacted by this election is climate change and pollution. The fact that they both suck doesn't drive my decision when there are still differences between the choices that I care about.

I get reason 26. I don't buy in with the first 25 reasons this time though. If I have to eat on a plane, I do make a choice between the two bad offerings. There are times when you need to send a message that the choices are bad, but sometimes you still gotta eat.

They both suck, but I believe the biggest driver of human suffering over the next 100 years that will be impacted by this election is climate change and pollution. The fact that they both suck doesn't drive my decision when there are still differences between the choices that I care about.

if there are only 2 items to choose from and I don't like either one, I will just wait until we land. That's this election (and the last one). A shit burger and garbage soup.

if there are only 2 items to choose from and I don't like either one, I will just wait until we land. That's this election (and the last one). A shit burger and garbage soup.

Yeah, but that's not really an option. We don't get to pick and choose which climate we pass on, only what we do to the one we've got.

not everyone has the same priorities. Climate change is not high on my list.
There's no difference between the two that you care about? How about the post office? Vote Trump. Make it too expensive to send junk mail...unless you think he'd make mail cheaper resulting in more junk mail.

Last edited:
There's no difference between the two that you care about? How about the post office? Vote Trump. Make it too expensive to send junk mail...unless you think he'd make mail cheaper resulting in more junk mail.

Most of the things I care about, I would lean towards Trump. However, he is a total D-bag and I can't cast a vote for him. I can't stand him.

EDIT: I shouldn't say most...I should say more

Last edited:
No politician ever does anything substantial to help cure the middle class disease. So this country will continue to suffer as the middle class continues to either 1) give up or 2) fall into poverty

If thats the reality then you may as well pick the person that isnt a dick.

Last edited:
No politician ever does anything substantial to help cure the middle class disease. So this country will continue to suffer as the middle class continues to either 1) give up or 2) fall into poverty

If thats the reality then you may as well pick the person that isnt a dick.

what is "the middle class disease"?

what is "the middle class disease"?

busting your ass to barely live paycheck to paycheck. So you can get 2 weeks of vacation and have half your check taken by the govt, social security youll probably never see and medical expenses.

Back