Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tucker, 10 years, $95 Million

Matt Ishbia and Steve St. Andre are two billionaire alums making this happen, and they're doing a lot more than just this contract. Tucker was instrumental in getting them and other rich alums to invest in serious facilities upgrades. We're investing $hundreds of millions in facilities upgrades over the coming years, starting with a new practice facility they're breaking ground on in a few months for $50 Million.

MSU isn't going to be outspent right now, they're making a bid to try to become the next Clemson.

I heard some commentator on ESPN U this AM predicting that he would sign it before the OSU game. He said it would be smart before MSU gets trounced by 4 TDs this Saturday.

Personally, I think it's going to be a close game, but the comment was pretty funny.

Yikes.

Since your AD has apparently just given Ishbia and St Andre the keys to the program, better hope none of them get caught doing something unsavory in Vegas...

Hope Tucker doesn't turn into MSU's Charlie Weis.

Yikes.

Since your AD has apparently just given Ishbia and St Andre the keys to the program, better hope none of them get caught doing something unsavory in Vegas...

Hope Tucker doesn't turn into MSU's Charlie Weis.

or MSU's Jim Harbaugh...

Last edited:
Matt Ishbia and Steve St. Andre are two billionaire alums making this happen, and they're doing a lot more than just this contract. Tucker was instrumental in getting them and other rich alums to invest in serious facilities upgrades. We're investing $hundreds of millions in facilities upgrades over the coming years, starting with a new practice facility they're breaking ground on in a few months for $50 Million.

MSU isn't going to be outspent right now, they're making a bid to try to become the next Clemson.

this is not good for the game.

That's a lot of cash. They better start cheating the only way you can really be consistently good for years. Alabama Jr.

10 years $95mm for a still unknown commodity seems premature at the least. I get the "why" but I don't believe they had to do this unless you think Tucker is the only option, which he is not. I have to think they could have kept him for something less obnoxious and probably could have replaced him with a more proven/known commodity for less if he did cut bait and run to LSU.

Live look at MSU negotiations.

XPLl6N.gif

I really don't see the value, but if a couple donors wanna throw a ton a cash at the program maybe we'll actually start getting 4 star players and make a move up the ladder. I'm used to the 6-6 to 8-5 Spartans for much of my life so I thought the dantonio era was the peak.

My free suggestion is to take some of that money and find a d coordinator

I really don't see the value, but if a couple donors wanna throw a ton a cash at the program maybe we'll actually start getting 4 star players and make a move up the ladder. I'm used to the 6-6 to 8-5 Spartans for much of my life so I thought the dantonio era was the peak.

My free suggestion is to take some of that money and find a d coordinator

There's an expanded pool for assistants in this deal. Johnson will be sought after for a HC job, so that's good we can keep him. Hazleton was the next big thing, but his scheme looks like shit this year. It's basically year 1, so I think you give him another season.

I think this deal for Tucker is happening for 2 reasons, because if we don't make it he leaves, and because he is building something here. This is more than about 9-1, this is about what people in the know see going on behind the scenes, Tucker is building something special.

Clearly Mel lifted some boats here. Other eligible coaches should offer Mel a cut of their projected raises.

OMFG someone is trying to justify this as a victory over racism? :ugh:

It?s the issue du d?cennie. It?s about everything all the time. I walk up to a homeless black man and ask him how he?s doing, learn that he injured his leg on a tree crew and I give him $10 (all that?s on me).

Somehow, that?s racist because I?m guilty for being white and I?m actually trying to assuage that guilt. Says some social engineer somewhere who is somehow immune to the same malady.

Good for Mel. Because he?s Mel and he?s gained the consideration of rich white people, apparently. Which is ? naturally ?

It?s the issue du d?cennie. It?s about everything all the time. I walk up to a homeless black man and ask him how he?s doing, learn that he injured his leg on a tree crew and I give him $10 (all that?s on me).

Somehow, that?s racist because I?m guilty for being white and I?m actually trying to assuage that guilt. Says some social engineer somewhere who is somehow immune to the same malady.

Good for Mel. Because he?s Mel and he?s gained the consideration of rich white people, apparently. Which is ? naturally ?

I mean, I'm all for racial equality, but not when it's used to justify grotesque wealth inequality.

see also, Trevor Noah defending Obama from criticism for taking Goldman Sachs speaking fees on the grounds of "you just don't want to see a black man make money?" Bullshit.

Football coaches are overpaid and this is coming at the cost of universities cutting and underpaying their actual teaching faculty. No political official in charge of enforcing the law should be taking $400,000 speaking fees from the same companies they were in charge of regulating when they were in office. it's still corruption.

Back