Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

U.S. intelligence agencies say Iran, Russia have tried to interfere in 2020 election

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Meanwhile, Mitch McConnell has multiple bills rotting on his desk that would have dealt with voter/voting security. Excellent job fucko.

If the Dems manage to snag the Senate some how, I might be more excited to see this useless excuse for a human leave Washington than I will be Trump.

And make sure you actually read the article. It's not another 'everyone's out to get Trump' conspiracy. This is an attack on all fronts.

U.S. intelligence agencies say Iran, Russia have tried to interfere in 2020 election

Ratcliffe made the announcements at a hastily arranged news conference that also included FBI Director Chris Wray.

The announcement two weeks before the election showed the level of alarm among top U.S. officials that foreign actors were seeking to undermine Americans’ confidence in the integrity of the vote and spread misinformation in an attempt to sway its outcome.

“We have confirmed that some voter registration information has been obtained by Iran, and separately, by Russia,” Ratcliffe said during the news conference.

Most of that voter registration is public. But Ratcliffe said that government officials “have already seen Iran sending spoofed emails designed to intimidate voters, incite social unrest and damage President Trump.”

Ratcliffe was referring to emails sent Wednesday and designed to look like they came from the pro-Trump Proud Boys group, according to government sources.

U.S. intelligence agencies previously warned that Iran might interfere to hurt Trump and that Russia was trying to help him in the election.

Outside experts said that if Ratcliffe was correct, Iran would be trying to make Trump look bad by calling attention to support and threats by the sometimes violent group.

Last edited:
Iran vs Russia? That's interesting.

I think it's a good thing. If both sides are being 'attacked' there should be little to no reason not to want to do something about it.

But who am I kidding? It will still be partisan bullshit as usual.

Whenever our "intelligence agencies" say some other country is doing something to us, there should be like an auto-generated phrase attached to the end of it that says "...but don't get too worked up about it, because we're doing the same thing to them right now, and have done much worse to them in the past.""

Well crap, what am I supposed to do if my enemy's enemy's enemy is me?

Whenever our "intelligence agencies" say some other country is doing something to us, there should be like an auto-generated phrase attached to the end of it that says "...but don't get too worked up about it, because we're doing the same thing to them right now, and have done much worse to them in the past.""

Completely missed the point with that wishy washy 'America is bad too' take. I'm not pissed at the other countries for trying to get a leg up. I'm pissed at our own country for not trying to circumvent or minimize what the other countries are doing.

Completely missed the point with that wishy washy 'America is bad too' take. I'm not pissed at the other countries for trying to get a leg up. I'm pissed at our own country for not trying to circumvent or minimize what the other countries are doing.

I'm sure they're trying. They might just be bad at it.

or more likely exaggerating the threat so they can demand more money from congress

I'm sure they're trying. They might just be bad at it.

or more likely exaggerating the threat so they can demand more money from congress

Or maybe some are colluding. We should really get someone to investigate that possibility. Robert Mueller is getting up there in age, but I wonder if he'd come out of retirement to look into it.

Possible false flag. Possibly true. The problem is that I don’t know which, because I can’t trust any of the messengers.

Possible false flag. Possibly true. The problem is that I don’t know which, because I can’t trust any of the messengers.

agreed - particularly when some of those messengers fight tooth and nail against simple common sense ideas like voter ID laws, that go a long way to protecting elections. It's hard for me to believe those people care at all about election security.

Last edited:
My guess is it will be used at some point to call in to question the legitimacy of the election results, whichever way they come out. I don't think the timing of this a coincidence at all, someone is setting up a goal-line defense.

Last edited:
Possible false flag. Possibly true. The problem is that I don?t know which, because I can?t trust any of the messengers.
Double false flag then. It looks like Iran pretending to be Proud Boys. But with analysts saying Iran is sophisticated enough to not leave the obvious clues that point to Iran.

Double false flag then. It looks like Iran pretending to be Proud Boys. But with analysts saying Iran is sophisticated enough to not leave the obvious clues that point to Iran.

Apparently no body knows nothing about nothing no more. The technology makes that so much easier now.

I don?t know who the Proud Boys are, but I know they like Trump.

agreed - particularly when some of those messengers fight tooth and nail against simple common sense ideas like voter ID laws, that go a long way to protecting elections. It's hard for me to believe those people care at all about election security.

A valid point. Don't pretend to count about one area of voter protection and not the other.

A valid point. Don't pretend to count about one area of voter protection and not the other.

Sort of valid, but also flawed. The 'common sense' rules are generally aimed at solving problems that aren't as big as the problems they cause.

To take the common sense out of it, lets say we're considering having people wear green shirts to vote because we think voter frauds don't like green. Secretly (or maybe not so secretly) one party knows their party is more likely to own green shirts and it's not so much about voter fraud as it's about a totally legal means of putting your thumb on the scale. The problem arises once you also know that a protected class, like racial minorities, also don't have green shirts. Once you know that (and we do) your common sense policy is a racial discrimination policy.

Sort of valid, but also flawed. The 'common sense' rules are generally aimed at solving problems that aren't as big as the problems they cause.

To take the common sense out of it, lets say we're considering having people wear green shirts to vote because we think voter frauds don't like green. Secretly (or maybe not so secretly) one party knows their party is more likely to own green shirts and it's not so much about voter fraud as it's about a totally legal means of putting your thumb on the scale. The problem arises once you also know that a protected class, like racial minorities, also don't have green shirts. Once you know that (and we do) your common sense policy is a racial discrimination policy.

The flaw is in thinking voter ID laws cause a problem at all. Calling it racially discriminatory, if that’s what you’re doing is yet another example of the soft bigotry of low expectations. It’s total nonsense.

michigan-state-spartans-fans-sing-the-school-song-before-the-game-picture-id499192646

B9316826681Z.1_20150401170701_000_GO9ACMCKS.1-0.jpg

636447347166614503-AP-NCAA-Michigan-St-Louisvil.jpg

cropped_cry.jpg

I bet every single one of those guys also has photo ID.

By the way, here’s a quick public service announcement - the election has been moved to this Saturday, October 31st. Tune in to ABC at noon for details on where and when to vote and don’t forget to wear your green shirt if you want to vote. I’m Spartanmack and I approve this message.

Last edited:
By the way, here?s a quick public service announcement - the election has been moved to this Saturday, October 31st. Tune into to ABC at noon and don?t forget to wear your green shirt if you want to vote. I?m Spartanmack and I approve this message.

I?ll be there wearing my maize and blue.

Back