Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UM Hockey update Ncaa Final Four 4/6/23

I would not be shocked if the Gophers win the title. I can guarantee they will have a better game plan then we did to start this game.

Yeah, the college hockey season is over. I?m moving on to baseball and softball.

Ride or die.

I might buy a back to back B1G Hockey Tournament t-shirts.

Michigan athletics does not exist for my personal gratification. I accept the good and bad and appreciate the effort and commitment required to play at that level, which I never possessed.

Gotta keep rooting. Sooner or later we will hopefully win one of theses !

Hopefully in January. Football is about to get a lot harder to win in 2024 but it does seem like the on-filed success is starting to translate to recruiting so who knows.

For hockey they're losing Hughes, Portillo and probably Fantilli. I know the team is young but it was the older guys that were throwing last night. Hughes was apparently puking on the bench, so may explain some of his issues, but he was responsible for a lot of the defensive lapses. And Portillo...2 bank shots and a flat-out whiff on what should have been a harmless shot off the boards.

Hopefully in January. Football is about to get a lot harder to win in 2024 but it does seem like the on-filed success is starting to translate to recruiting so who knows.

For hockey they're losing Hughes, Portillo and probably Fantilli. I know the team is young but it was the older guys that were throwing last night. Hughes was apparently puking on the bench, so may explain some of his issues, but he was responsible for a lot of the defensive lapses. And Portillo...2 bank shots and a flat-out whiff on what should have been a harmless shot off the boards.

I agree with everything you said. Frustrating goaltending and really poor defensive lapse by some young players. Hopefully they all will want to come back but I understand wanting to get the NHL paycheck started. The defensive break downs were just killers. I guarantee Minnesota will not let as many odd man rushes and 2 on zeros as we did. I think Gophers will win and that will make me salty because we match up ok with them.

The two highest seeded teams made the final right ?
Minnesota was #1 and Quinnipiac was #2.

#1 Minnesota 29-9-1
#1 Quinnipiac 33-4-3

I turned it on at the end of the second period. Gophers lead 2-1 end of the second period?Quinnipiac dominated the 3rd period out shooting the Gophers 14-2 and scorer right after a penalty was killed. They had pulled goalie with 36 seconds left in pp and 3 plus ledt in the game. It worked and they tied it up 2-2. They look stronger and faster then the Gophers who played real discipline hockey. Didn?t see many breakaways or poor defense decisions by Minnesota. The Bobcats were just relentless in the 3rd.

Holy shit they score in 10 seconds and Bobcats win first title in program history. Lol. Wow what a play.
Gophers defense falls asleep .

Third try and the Bobcats win first title

Our young Coach needs to take heed. We may have talent but we need to be the be most fit team on the ice.
To much talent to keep losing in semifinals?.

Last edited:
Back