Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UM Hockey update Ncaa Final Four 4/6/23

I have rewatched the goal by Fantilli several times and I can't see how he got that past the goalie. Majic!

I saw the PSU coach was not happy at the end. Meh, PSU tears taste sweet!

Fantilli is another one of those rare players where the puck FINDS him. His shot on the rebound was beautiful.

I rewatched the goal Portillo let in. The mistake he made there was that he used his blocker on the initial shot when there was a ton of traffic in front. Imo, that shot was slow enough to catch and stop play with PSU swarming the net. Rebound makes it way to a PSU stick and Bam. That Penalty kill by Michigan was horrendous, but it definitely lit a fire under everyone's collective asses.

The fact that Michigan hadn't gotten a clean shot through the first 60 minutes lulled their goalie to sleep. The game-winner had so much velocity and the release was so quick he looked like he was expecting a changeup and got a 100 mph fastball. The Puck was in the net before he even reacted. That was as pretty of a snipe as you'll ever see.

The fact that Michigan hadn't gotten a clean shot through the first 60 minutes lulled their goalie to sleep. The game-winner had so much velocity and the release was so quick he looked like he was expecting a changeup and got a 100 mph fastball. The Puck was in the net before he even reacted. That was as pretty of a snipe as you'll ever see.

Red Wings could sure use that type of scorer !

I fail to understand why there's a 10-day lag between the regional finals and the Final Four when they could easily be played on 3/31 (semis) and 4/2 (finals) respectively.

I fail to understand why there's a 10-day lag between the regional finals and the Final Four when they could easily be played on 3/31 (semis) and 4/2 (finals) respectively.

I thought it was quite a gap too.

The only thing I can think of they want center stage for hockey and not have hockey pushed to the side because of the basketball final four.

I thought it was quite a gap too.

The only thing I can think of they want center stage for hockey and not have hockey pushed to the side because of the basketball final four.

Hockey: Friday and Sunday. Basketball: Saturday and Monday.

Problem solved.

Even scheduled that way, I think NCAA powers that be think hockey will get more attention the way it?s scheduled now.

I just checked last year?s schedule and it was the same. Frozen Four Semis the Thursday after Monday NCG of basketball, HCG Saturday night.

Anytime I ever was interested in the Frozen Four - M or Sparty would have been in it - I think the schedule was like that.

I think that?s just the normal schedule.

Same thing next year.

Basketball championship game April 8, Frozen Four semi?s April 11.

Final Four

Ncaa Hockey Final Four
Tampa Florida April 6th and April 8th

Early Game 6:30
#1 Minnesota (28-9-1)??????Gophers win 6-2 (Two empty Netters seal game)
#2 Boston U (29-10-0)

Late game 8:30 Pm
#1 Michigan (26-11-3)
#1 Quinnipiac (32-4-3)???????..win 5-2

Last edited:
Final Four

Ncaa Hockey Final Four
Tampa Florida April 6th and April 8th

Early Game 6:30
#1 Minnesota (28-9-1)??????Gophers win 6-2 (Two empty Netters seal game)
#2 Boston U (29-10-0)

Late game 8:30 Pm
#1 Michigan (26-11-3)
#1 Quinnipiac (32-4-3)

I am totally stoked!

Go Blue!

If they call dives like that it will be a long night. Already missed two cross checks

Sadly Michigan goalie looks like shit early. Trail 1-0

Last edited:
Michigan defense is horse crap tonight. They give up another bad goal trail 2-1. No offense possessions all. Should be 3-1 goalie made a great save.

Terrible period for Michigan as they trail 2-1. They let the other team dictate the pace and they played right into the neutral zone trap Quinnipiac is using. They gave up many scoring chances. Game should be 3 or 4 to 1. Michigan defense was terrible in the first period.

Boom 2-2 ! Fantilli from Hughes. Still Quinnipiac is getting a lot of chances. Defense needs to tighten up.
One novel concept . Play from the lead !

Last edited:
Michigan had a glorious chance to take lead right after goal . But again they are giving up way to many odd man rushes in my opinion.

Michigan PP with 2 minutes left in second period.

Last edited:
Back