Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UM Hockey update Ncaa Final Four 4/6/23

Apparently Hughes is throwing up on the bench. 2-2 end of the second.
Gophers are licking their chops with all the mistakes our defense is making.

Last edited:
No clue how that rebound didn?t go in. Fantilli hit 2 posts on another. Really should be 4-2 Michigan right now.

I hate these games. Michigan is dominating and can't finish. Funny how similar every sport is in that area. They overcame it against PSU but they're going to have to do better if they want to win tonight, let alone beat Minnesota again.

They really are not dominating. They did in stretches in the second period but are allowing to many really good scooting chances. I agree on the Rebound Shot, and playing the Gophers again. Sadly the Gophers will this game to scout them if we don?t come back.

Last edited:
And just like that the give up a bad rush again. .defense has been shit all night

And while goalie has made saves he just let in another softey off his back and or back skates.

Last edited:
They definitely have a better goalie then Michigan does.

If Michigan has as many good scoring chances as Quinnipiac we would have a bunch of goals. They have
Had way more then we have.

Last edited:
Why are we trying to be cute with the extra pass ? Shoot the puck damn it.
Btw PP has been shit . Only. 1 really great chance.

Last edited:
That will do it sadly. Another semifinal loss.

Another terrible soft goal allowed

trail 4-2 with only 7 minutes left.

Last edited:
That will do it sadly. Another semifinal loss. trail 4-2 with only 7 minutes left.

That?s pretty much it.

Being a Michigan hockey fan is like being a toy on the Island of Misfit Toys.

So much hope so often in the postseason.

Yet Santa never shows up on Christmas Eve.

I am kind of upset that were not ready for Quinnipiac?s trap. They thought they could skate their through the neutral zone. .

Piss poor defense and goaltending. We were not the better team. We may have been the youngest and fastest but not
The better team.

We were schooled tonight.

Last edited:
I would not be shocked if the Gophers win the title. I can guarantee they will have a better game plan then we did to start this game.

What a fucking joke. The whole athletic program is a fucking joke.

Sort of harsh. But I get it.
They are pretty young. They have a young inexperienced coach. Not sure who was the favorite but the other team had more wins. Was the higher seed.

Quinnipiac had Zero teenagers on the team according to the board-cast team (did I hear that right ) Hell did Michigan have any seniors playing much ?

I am as frustrated as you are but they are better the Howard?s hoops team lol.

Look at this roster ? I don?t think they count on many seniors.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster

Last edited:
The two highest seeded teams made the final right ?
Minnesota was #1 and Quinnipiac was #2.

#1 Minnesota 29-9-1
#1 Quinnipiac 33-4-3

Last edited:
Sadly it?s always the same in these final fours. Can?t finish because of terrible breakdowns on defense and goaltending. They used Michigans Aggressiveness against us. They had so many more scoring chances then we did. We sadly played terrible again. Couldn?t score on the power play.
Terrible defense and terrible goaltending and he saved them a lot too. He made a lot of saves on odd man rushes and breakaways then lets in
Some really soft goals too.

Frustrating.

Last edited:
What a fucking joke. The whole athletic program is a fucking joke.

Wait, what?

Because our teams lose in the championship rounds more often than they win?

You know what other programs do that?

ALL OF THEM!

How many fucking hockey championships do Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Miami, Florida or USC have?

Zero! They don?t play that sport at those schools!

Our athletic program plays competitively across more NCAA sports than any other school in the country - with the major sports frequently getting into the championship rounds.

Do our teams more often than not lose in the championship rounds?

Yes - the other teams are also really, really good.

How many times had Georgia made it to the Final Four in basketball?

Okay, they did it once.

Michigan has hung eight final four banners; so many that we literally decided it was too many, we decided to take two down!

UConn has gone to a few no name bowls in its football history.

The Michigan athletic program is a lot of things - primarily heartbreaking - but compared to every other one, the last thing it is is a joke.

Last edited:
Back