Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

War with Iran has begun?

tsmith7559 said:
Clinton- Bosnia
Obama-Lybia

we didnt go to war with lybia! lol, we bombed a couple buildings for a couple weeks. Newsflash...we do that alot....all over the place.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:
Clinton- Bosnia
Obama-Lybia

we didnt go to war with lybia! lol, we bombed a couple buildings for a couple weeks. Newsflash...we do that alot....all over the place.

7 months, it was a war in "Thumbs" description

according to the Repubs....Barry led from behind on Lybia.

not one boot on the ground , not one American Soldier lost...pretty damn good war.

SLICK said:

not one boot on the ground , not one American Soldier lost...pretty damn good war.

lol.....they had no army....shouldn't have taken 7 months.
We took out the majority of the Taliban in a week in Afghanistan

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:

seriously you can't be this fucking stupid.....

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

seriously you can't be this fucking stupid.....

7.5 weeks...started Oct 7,
On October 14, the Taliban offered to discuss handing over Osama bin Laden to a neutral country in return for a bombing halt, but only if the Taliban were given evidence of bin Laden's involvement.[75] The U.S. rejected this offer, and continued military operations. Mazari Sharif fell November 9, triggering a cascade of provinces falling with minimal resistance. Many local forces switched loyalties from the Taliban to the Northern Alliance. On the night of November 12, the Taliban retreated south from Kabul. On November 15, they released eight Western aid workers after three months in captivity. By November 13, the Taliban had withdrawn from both Kabul and Jalalabad. Finally, in early December, the Taliban gave up Kandahar, their last stronghold, dispersing without surrendering.

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Wait, you don't consider Iraq or Afghanistan a major war?

How about Desert Storm?

Republicans in office....they were MAJOR WARS.

So there, I have just pointed out something you were factually wrong about.

And for the record, you have been wrong before, but can't stand to admit it, and twice when you were called out on it, once by me, you ran back to EDIT the post and claimed typo!

And I have not once said Obama was not doing a bad job. ever. (another fact you are wrong on, and I don't have cable so i don't watch MSNBC like you think)

Don't confuse the fact that I blame GWB for the mess we're in, for me feeling Obama has done a good job, because I don't feel he has.

But you can't expect me to look at that pack of babbling retards the republicans are sending out and hope one of them can do a better job.

So keep deflecting, and editing.....I'll be here everyday to kick your stupid ass for it.

minor in comparison to losing

116,700 in WWI
416,800 in WWII
37,000 in Korean
58,000 in Vietnam

Yet Afghanistan and Iraq are the 2 longest wars in American history.

Far from minor, we lost fewer troops because we fought less skilled armies, and we have made huge leaps in technology as far as reducing the number of casualties.

And you're a real cunt for trying to minimalize the losses we have suffered in those places, trying to make it sound like nearly 4,500 hundred dead and 35,000 wounded in Iraq and 1900 dead in Afghanistan made those wars "minor".

Go fuck yourself.

sometimes it's fun debating shit with you , because it's actually hard to find someone on the right that presents a sane argument.

you do in alot of cases...but sometimes your hate for the man , just like most right wing nuts clouds your judgement.

I don't think I've ever really told someone on these forums (or ESPN's) this...

But go fuck yourself man. Iraq and Afghanistan aren't MAJOR FUCKING WARS!? What the fuck kind tin foil hat do you sleep under to keep yourself fucking sane at night???

HOW ALSO THE FUCK (as been previously mentioned) CAN YOU COMPARE A WAR IN THE GOD DAMN 1940'S TO A WAR GOING ON TODAY!? Did I completely fucking skip the part in my history book about our unmanned missile-launching drones? Or how about our fucking guidance missiles. Fuck me I need a history lesson.

OH, LESS WE FORGET, WE DROVE THE GOD DAMN TALIBAN OUT IN A WEEK. Fuck me sideways, I have no idea why the hell we're still there then. Who the fuck is blowing shit up there besides us? Who the fuck is mortaring our bases over in Afghanistan? Because if it's not the Taliban, I have a couple friend's who would like some fucking answers.

You, tsmith, are now in charge of giving this forum a history of the past 80 fucking years as you see it. Holy fuck you're delusional.

Also, no Republican stand's a fucking chance against Obama. A fucking massacre you're god damned precious Fox News won't even be able to stop.

Dipshit...

SLICK said:
sometimes it's fun debating shit with you , because it's actually hard to find someone on the right that presents a sane argument.

you do in alot of cases...but sometimes your hate for the man , just like most right wing nuts clouds your judgement.

hate for man?

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:
minor in comparison to losing

116,700 in WWI
416,800 in WWII
37,000 in Korean
58,000 in Vietnam

Far from minor, we lost fewer troops because we fought less skilled armies, and we have made huge leaps in technology as far as reducing the number of casualties.

And you're a real cunt for trying to minimalize the losses we have suffered in those places, trying to make it sound like nearly 4,500 hundred dead and 35,000 wounded in Iraq and 1900 dead in Afghanistan made those wars "minor".

Go fuck yourself.

I'm not minimizing any lose, just comparing the scope of wars. Were still in Korea, so its the longest war.

MalFunkShun said:
I don't think I've ever really told someone on these forums (or ESPN's) this...

But go fuck yourself man. Iraq and Afghanistan aren't MAJOR FUCKING WARS!? What the fuck kind tin foil hat do you sleep under to keep yourself fucking sane at night???

HOW ALSO THE FUCK (as been previously mentioned) CAN YOU COMPARE A WAR IN THE GOD DAMN 1940'S TO A WAR GOING ON TODAY!? Did I completely fucking skip the part in my history book about our unmanned missile-launching drones? Or how about our fucking guidance missiles. Fuck me I need a history lesson.

OH, LESS WE FORGET, WE DROVE THE GOD DAMN TALIBAN OUT IN A WEEK. Fuck me sideways, I have no idea why the hell we're still there then. Who the fuck is blowing shit up there besides us? Who the fuck is mortaring our bases over in Afghanistan? Because if it's not the Taliban, I have a couple friend's who would like some fucking answers.

You, tsmith, are now in charge of giving this forum a history of the past 80 fucking years as you see it. Holy fuck you're delusional.

Also, no Republican stand's a fucking chance against Obama. A fucking massacre you're god damned precious Fox News won't even be able to stop.

Dipshit...

settle down. The argument started with Dems being in power when wars started, and I listed the major wars in the last 100 yrs that had ...I dont diminish any loss, rather comparing the scope of the wars in the last 100 yrs. In these two cases they pale compare to the top 4 of WWI, WWII, Viet, Korea.

Most people don't realize that there were more military deaths in Bill Clintons 8 years than in GW Bush's.
Again I dont diminish the loss of 1 military soldier, I'm just pointing out statistics which can be dehumanizing.

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Go fuck yourself.

I'm not minimizing any lose, just comparing the scope of wars. Were still in Korea, so its the longest war.

By that logic we're still in Germany so that makes WWII the longest.

Keep saying dumb shit, then saying dumber shit in attempts to cover it up.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

Germany surrendered...N. Korea hasn't....c'mon, don't you know a little history?

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:

Germany surrendered...N. Korea hasn't....c'mon, don't you know a little history?

We're not in N. Korea, so the point is moot.

We have bases near the DMZ along the 38th parallel, but we are not engaged in active combat there, so it's not a war.

Your argument is super weak, even you can see that.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

We have bases near the DMZ along the 38th parallel, but we are not engaged in active combat there, so it's not a war.

he talks and babbles in circles...he's a 60+ half senile right wing nut hugger....realize who and what you're dealing with.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

it never was a war...either is Iraq & Afghanistan based on your brain

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:

LOL @ you.

You called it the longest war, you called it a MAJOR WAR.

Now you're saying it's not a war at all.

Alzheimers?

Korea was officially classified as a U.N. Police Action, but it involved active combat with ground troops in harms way, that = War.

I assume you do this to bring up Libya, in which case you're forgetting who argues what point you, you senile old man.

You have contradicted yourself in this thread about 5 times now, which can only lead me to believe you have an active load in your Depends undergarments, and it's distracting you.

I'll give you time to go wipe your ass, then come try to make a better argument.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

LOL @ you.

You called it the longest war, you called it a MAJOR WAR.

Now you're saying it's not a war at all.

Alzheimers?

Korea was officially classified as a U.N. Police Action, but it involved active combat with ground troops in harms way, that = War.

I assume you do this to bring up Libya, in which case you're forgetting who argues what point you, you senile old man.

You have contradicted yourself in this thread about 5 times now, which can only lead me to believe you have an active load in your Depends undergarments, and it's distracting you.

I'll give you time to go wipe your ass, then come try to make a better argument.

30,000+ deaths...nah, not a major war......makes Iraq & Afghanistan look like civil disturbances....go away you haven't made one good point on any thread.
Why do you bother coming here.
I must be slapping your head silly.
Do you wear a helmet?
short bus student?

Back