Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Washington & Oregon joining B1G in 2024

The original B10 was the best. All Midwest schools. No PSU, or Rudgers and now teams from the west. I hate it so much now. 18 teams and yet for football you'll only play 8 of them a season. Ridiculous.

The original B10 was the best. All Midwest schools. No PSU, or Rudgers and now teams from the west. I hate it so much now. 18 teams and yet for football you'll only play 8 of them a season. Ridiculous.

I think I read that they are going to play 9 conference games a year.

9 is pretty good. But then you have an even/odd number of home/away conference games every year.

Make it 10 + 2 non-conf.

I don't think it's ruining college football at all. The sport needs new rivalries and with the new playoff format, losing a game or two isn't going to destroy a team's chances.

The thing that's ruining college football and basketball is the transfer portal. I know it's more fair for the athletes, but college football is now a professional sport with unlimited free agency

There?s only one rivalry that matters and two honorable mentions.

The only one that matters ain?t goin? anywhere -it?s staying right at home between Ann Arbor and Columbus.

The two honorable mentions both include USC - v UCLA and v Notre Dame.

I guess because the merger we?ll have to come up a new venue for SC v UCLA.

The proximity change will actually be much better for both SC and Notre Dame.

9 is pretty good. But then you have an even/odd number of home/away conference games every year.

Make it 10 + 2 non-conf.

and mandate that the 2 non conference games be vs other power 5 teams (well, power 4 now)

and mandate that the 2 non conference games be vs other power 5 teams (well, power 4 now)

No way that happens for a few years. Teams will want to let it play out and see how much a loss hurts their chances. Plus how do smaller colleges survive? Living close to Ball State and having worked their, I know for a fact that their sports programs survive due to playing teams like UM, ND, IU, etc and getting a million or two to "take a loss". Im not saying its right, it's just the way it is.

Back