Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Welp, We're Going To Need A New DC

Interviewing for another job on National Signing Day? Well isn't that just a big Fuck You to somebody.

Warde should have offered Jim an extension after the Big Ten Championship. One of the 10 year 100 mil deals. I honestly don't think that Jim cares about the money as much as his ego needs to know that his employer thinks he is worth that much money. I remember when he was first hired they told him that they intended to make him the highest paid coach in the country and he said no, give him more for assistants.

This shit needs to be settled. It's really disappointing that Jim has put the program in this position with signing day being tomorrow.

What?s the latest on Harbaugh? Is MN the only NFL team in the mix right now? Have the Raiders or Bears hired coaches already? I don't really follow NFL football.

Last edited:
Interviewing for another job on National Signing Day? Well isn't that just a big Fuck You to somebody.

I assume Warde Manuel.

and if that's the case, Jim's salary donation to the rest of the athletic dept. might've also been a "fuck you" to the boss who wasn't paying his employees like he should have been.

I don't know much about Warde, other than his tenure as AD of UConn where he forced us to keep our contract and play there, and a random younger alum I met once at a game watching party here who briefly dated his daughter and said Warde was an even bigger guy in person than he expected. and this guy was himself a pretty big guy.

seems like he's got a pretty big ego. If Jim leaves, this is now the second surprising departure under Warde's tenure (JB was #1), and would be a HUUUUGE fucking loss and blow to the program.

Worst part of losing Harbaugh would be losing the new staff put together before this past season. Really don't want to see guys like Clink, Bellamy, Hart, Weiss, and Moore leave. I know Moore has been here a few years, but he was the new OL coach last year and he did an amazing job to say the least.

What?s the latest on Harbaugh? Is MN the only NFL team in the mix right now? Have the Raiders or Bears hired coaches already? I don't really follow NFL football.

The Raiders have. The owner of Miami said he won't sign Harbaugh away from Michigan because Ross, Miami's owner, is a UM booster.

The Raiders have. The owner of Miami said he won't sign Harbaugh away from Michigan because Ross, Miami's owner, is a UM booster.

There was a caveat to that. Ross said he would hire Harbaugh if Jim was intent on leaving for the NFL.

I'm sure Ross would hire him away from another NFL team though, that might be what happens. He's wanted to go to the NFL for a while, but his stock is higher now. I think this could be one of the best things to happen to UM football, they could finally make the right hire, get away from having to have UM ties and find a humble, hard working football coach. I think the odds are much greater of UM making the right hire than Harbaugh beating OSU again in the next 5 years.

...they could finally make the right hire, get away from having to have UM ties and find a humble, hard working football coach. I think the odds are much greater of UM making the right hire than Harbaugh beating OSU again in the next 5 years.

obvious-troll-is-obvious.jpg

Whatever, Michigan would recruit better if Harbaugh was gone and would likely win more games. This might be the best thing to happen to Michigan football, as much as it pains me to say it.

looks like the Bears have as well.

There was a caveat to that. Ross said he would hire Harbaugh if Jim was intent on leaving for the NFL.

he said he would hire him or consider him? Like if MN makes an offer and Jim says "this is their deal and I'm going to take it" is Ross likely to try to outbid them if he hasn't already made a hire?

All open NFL head coaching spots are filled. Leftwich surprisingly didn't get one of them, so that may give us a chance at hiring Larry Foote.

Jesse Minter, current Vandy DC, is probably the most likely option. He was on the Ravens staff and knows Macdonald's defense inside and out.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is set to hire former Vanderbilt defensive coordinator Jesse Minter for the same position with the Wolverines, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

The two sides are in the process of finalizing the deal that would bring Minter to Michigan after just one season at Vanderbilt. Previously, Minter worked four seasons in the NFL for the Baltimore Ravens under Harbaugh's brother, John Harbaugh.

Minter, 38, was a defensive assistant for three seasons in Baltimore before coaching the team's defensive backs in 2020. He then joined Clark Lea's staff at Vanderbilt as defensive coordinator and safeties coach.

This will be Minter's fourth different stint as defensive coordinator following stops at Georgia State and Indiana State.

Minter, the son of former Cincinnati head coach Rick Minter, worked at Cincinnati as a graduate assistant under Brian Kelly from 2007 to '08.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is set to hire former Vanderbilt defensive coordinator Jesse Minter for the same position with the Wolverines, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

The two sides are in the process of finalizing the deal that would bring Minter to Michigan after just one season at Vanderbilt. Previously, Minter worked four seasons in the NFL for the Baltimore Ravens under Harbaugh's brother, John Harbaugh.

Minter, 38, was a defensive assistant for three seasons in Baltimore before coaching the team's defensive backs in 2020. He then joined Clark Lea's staff at Vanderbilt as defensive coordinator and safeties coach.

This will be Minter's fourth different stint as defensive coordinator following stops at Georgia State and Indiana State.

Minter, the son of former Cincinnati head coach Rick Minter, worked at Cincinnati as a graduate assistant under Brian Kelly from 2007 to '08.

I guess this is okay. Hopefully we hear Mike Hart to OC next.

MGoBlog has a nice write up for those like me that dont remember/didnt know this guy.

Their bottom line:

PROGNOSIS?

Perfect hire. Even if they scored a moon shot like Larry Foote, it would have meant transition costs this year, and a step back in momentum from last year?s turnaround. Michigan actually didn?t get the opportunity to install most of the crazy ?Amoeba? stuff that I was so looking forward to, because that was predicated on having a hyper-talented secondary who can take on different roles any given play. Last year?s success was more ?We have Aidan Hutchinson and if you run away from him, Ojabo.? The Ravens themselves were able to start doing the really interesting stuff because they poured money and draft picks into their secondary. Michigan has cleared the first step in that transition with their magnificent six-man recruiting class, and scored some hits with young guys like RJ Moten, Rod Moore, and DJ Turner II. A talented secondary can be a boon to any team, but Michigan has to replace a TON of pass rush, and one the best ways to do that if you don?t have the same kind of talent coming up is the disguised blitzes and coverages that Baltimore used to trounce young QBs in the NFL from 2018-2020.

Hopefully he sticks around more than a year.

Back