Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What happened to this team?

THE TEAM THE TEAM THE TEAM. That?s what happened.

I have a recruiting junkie friend and I remember him telling me before the season that we had no hope of beating OSU... Don Brown's recruiting was totally negligent and we had no DL talent, other than Hutchinson.

But... turns out you don't need (over?) hyped guys like Rashan Gary... you just need 11 guys who can play defense together.

I have a recruiting junkie friend and I remember him telling me before the season that we had no hope of beating OSU... Don Brown's recruiting was totally negligent and we had no DL talent, other than Hutchinson.

But... turns out you don't need (over?) hyped guys like Rashan Gary... you just need 11 guys who can play defense together.

I mean, it helps to have the best player in the country on your defense. But the stars of this team weren't considered to be exceptional. Haskins had very few offers. Cade was a middling four star. Ronnie Bell didn't even have another P5 offer.

They've consistently scouted better than anyone else in the country and they do a damn fine job with player development. Just sad they wasted the years with a shitty defensive scheme but I don't even care anymore.

Back