Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why stock market go down?

our federal government can't do anything efficiently or effectively. you post this almost every day. But you think entrusting them to our health care is a good idea?

these countries have national health care and all are experiencing some of the worst cases of the pandemic.

Italy
China
South Korea
France[/QUOTE

I knew you would miss the point. Per normal you fail to see the true impact economical on families and individuals. Last I check on the site this is hitting all countries. This is about what families and individuals can afford. Not about the spread of the virus. Sadly the President you support is way behind other countries. National Healthcare would help so many people , and businesses in this country. Hopefully soon America will have it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

I think you are missing the point. Those countries listed are among the worst and are dealing with the impact the worst. You don't think it could be because they have shitty healthcare?

When it's all over, I bet our country and our current health care system will be among the best at dealing with this thing.

I think you are missing the point. Those countries listed are among the worst and are dealing with the impact the worst. You don't think it could be because they have shitty healthcare?

When it's all over, I bet our country and our current health care system will be among the best at dealing with this thing.

that's definitely not it.

South Korea has great public healthcare & has handled an awful situation well. they've largely managed to contain what is otherwise an uncontainable virus.

To a large extent as well, I think you only hear about the countries testing for it and not affirmatively censoring news.

You're drawing bad conclusions based on a lack of information.

The "Spanish Influenza" was only called that because Neutral Spain didn't have the same wartime censorship in place that Britain, France, Germany, Italy, and the US did. it hit everyone equally as bad.

I would not be surprised if that turns out to be the case with Covid-19

that was a reply to Tom. the quote feature was broken in the post for some reason

South Korea has great public healthcare & has handled an awful situation well. they've largely managed to contain what is otherwise an uncontainable virus.

To a large extent as well, I think you only hear about the countries testing for it and not affirmatively censoring news.

The "Spanish Influenza" was only called that because Neutral Spain didn't have the same wartime censorship in place that Britain, France, Germany, Italy, and the US did. it hit everyone equally as bad.

perhaps...it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong...nor the last.

which countries other than China are affirmatively censoring the news?

so public healthcare is why South Korea was able to contain and uncontainable virus - how did they contain something that's uncontainable and why is it because of public healthcare there while all the countries with public healthcare on Tom's list failed to contain it?

I think South Korea's experience has everything to do with the fact they closed their border and put massive restrictions in place. that also happens to be the difference between what they did and what the countries on Tom's list that also have nationalized healthcare did. Those countries followed the advice at the WHO who thought their globalist open borders policy was more important than allowing sovereign countries to protect their own citizens. And it wasn't South Korea's nationalized healthcare that closed the border just like it wasn't Italy's nationalized healthcare that left the border wide open putting its citizens at risk.

Also, while I don't know the history of the Spanish flu and I doubt you do too (at least the real history) viruses, particularly different flu strains that are named for a country or region aren't named for the country or region most hard hit by them, they're named after the country or region of origin. So calling this virus the Wuhan Virus, isn't racist, it's common practice by the doctors who research and name the viruses. So the fact that Britain, France, Germany, Italy may have censored the news would have nothing to do with why the virus was named the Spanish Flu.

Last edited:
...calling this virus the Wuhan Virus, isn't racist, it's common practice by the doctors who research and name the viruses. So the fact that Britain, France, Germany, Italy may have censored the news would have nothing to do with why the virus was named the Spanish Flu.

Plus, not unlike the fictitious ?Medellin,? the movie about the Pablo Escobar drug cartel that Vincent Chase doggedly pursued making throughout much of ?Entourage,? there could no better title when they make the movie of this event than ?Wuhan.?

OR, Netflix could Make another Entourage movie about Vinny and the guys trying to make a movie about Covid 19 called ?Wuhan,? OR Somebody could make a movie about Netflix, Amazon prime, Hulu, Spectrum and everyone else who makes originals content for streaming racing to make the movie ?Wuhan,? OR somebody could make a movie about all the streaming providers racing to make an Entourage movie about the guys trying to make ?Wuhan,? OR either or both of the two scenarios could actually happen and afterward somebody could make a biopic or biopics about that.

perhaps...it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong...nor the last.

You don?t know that you?ll be wrong again...you could completely ignore social distancing advisements, engage in behaviors like drug abuse and poor nutrition and hygiene that result in your immune system being compromised, and as a result of those behaviors you could contract the Covid and die before you?re ever wrong again.

...calling this virus the Wuhan Virus, isn't racist, it's common practice by the doctors who research and name the viruses. So the fact that Britain, France, Germany, Italy may have censored the news would have nothing to do with why the virus was named the Spanish Flu.

John Phillips of KABC radio has been calling it the ?Kung flu.?

I guess that might be a little insensitive...but it?s also pretty funny.

You don?t know that you?ll be wrong again...you could completely ignore social distancing advisements, engage in behaviors like drug abuse and poor nutrition and hygiene that result in your immune system being compromised, and as a result of those behaviors you could contract the Covid and die before you?re ever wrong again.

EDIT: I could have sworn I was quoting TomDalton...am I delirious from a high fever?

Back