Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Worldometer Corona Virus Updates

Thanks for posting that Ron!

Is it me or are the numbers much smaller then the response to this outbreak. Either they (the government) is not telling people something or this is way over the top.

The fictional movie Contagion had dead bodies everywhere and it feels like that is how we are reacting now. I want everyone safe but We are at 4633 deaths due to this virus so far.

It will be close but in less then 1 hour over 30,000 people will have died of hunger today.
Damn that heartbreaking.

Ron maybe you posting that stuff has me thinking. I don’t really give a shit about the games anymore.
Cancel them all ! Espically baseball till 2025

Again I want people to be safe. I knew hunger worldwide and in America was a issue bit 30k a day is a sobering thought.

Last edited:
unfortunately, the birth rate is going at twice the pace. People need to stop screwing or use birth control.

Won?t that mean that Religions have to stop being hypocrites? Look I don?t know which ones don?t believe in contraception but there are a few that is for sure.

Won?t that mean that Religions have to stop being hypocrites? Look I don?t know which ones don?t believe in contraception but there are a few that is for sure.

no, it would mean that some religious people will have to start being hypocrites.

Won’t that mean that Religions have to stop being hypocrites? Look I don’t know which ones don’t believe in contraception but there are a few that is for sure.

I know Catholics are one.

But all Catholics don't follow that.

Last edited:
According to many Catholics, if you don't follow ALL the rules, you aren't really a Catholic.

Yes. But imo the ones that follow everything is the minority nowadays. I think it was Obama's first election when over 50% voted for him. Which goes against things like pro-life.

Yes. But imo the ones that follow everything is the minority nowadays. I think it was Obama's first election when over 50% voted for him. Which goes against things like pro-life.

here is a pretty good article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/american-catholics-clash-church-over-sins-survey-finds-n419406

Some of the highlights

Cohabitation without marriage: 65 percent say it's not a sin, and 51 percent of regular church-goers.

Homosexual behavior: 50 percent of all Catholics say it's not a sin, although that dropped to 36 percent among those who attend Mass regularly.

Contraception: More than three-fourths say it's not a sin, including 63 percent of those who are in the pews every Sunday.

Divorce: Seven out of 10 say it's not a sin; more than half of those who frequently attend services agree.

While Catholics say the traditional family structure of a husband and wife with kids is ideal, the survey showed that large majorities think it's fine for kids to be raised by other kinds of families: 87 percent are accepting of single parents, 83 percent of unmarried parents who live together or divorced parents, and 66 percent of gay couples with kids.

Abortion: A third of Catholics say terminating a pregnancy is not a sin. Among church-going Catholics, one in five don't see abortion as sinful.

Apparently, masturbation is a mortal sin. Catholic my whole life and just saw this 5 years ago. But only a mortal sin if you knew it was a sin to begin with.

Worldwide Deaths increased from 8700-ish last night when I checked to 9389 early this morning. Stay safe everyone ! Wash hands ect, ect, ect.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-covid-19-news-and-live-updates-120246923.html
Coronavirus: News and live updates. Death numbers are climbing.
YahooNews

Never seen anything like this ever. Even the polio epidemic back in the early 1950's with everyone getting the vaccine.
Supermarkets, Walmarts, Costco type stores, all water, paper products, canned goods, foods, all staples flying off the shelves. Lysol products, sanitizers, masks out of stock. Empty aisles.
Be safe, wear gloves when you have to go out, door handles anywhere have germs.
Anyone who thinks this is a hoax, don't bother posting it here.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-covid-19-news-and-live-updates-120246923.html
Coronavirus: News and live updates.
YahooNews

Last edited:
The latest on the pandemic
? The number of coronavirus deaths around the world has surpassed 11,000, with more than 260,000 people infected with the disease.

? In the United States, there are over 16,000 confirmed cases, with more than 200 deaths.

? California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced a statewide order for people to stay at home.

? Two Los Angeles Lakers and three Philadelphia 76ers have tested positive for the coronavirus, adding to a growing list of infected players in the NBA.

? President Trump said he is using the Defense Production Act to increase the U.S. supply of masks.

? Several U.S. senators briefed on the virus, including Intel Committee Chairman Richard Burr, sold millions of dollars worth of stock before the market took a deep dive.

? Italy's death toll has surpassed that of China's in a grim milestone of the coronavirus pandemic

? Worried you're experiencing coronavirus symptoms? Here's what the CDC says to do.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Reported US coronavirus cases in March via
@CNN
:

3/1: 89
3/2: 105
3/3: 125
3/4: 159
3/5: 227
3/6: 331
3/7: 444
3/8: 564