Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Worldometer Corona Virus Updates

sounds like you still can't do shit!

I think if only vaccinated people would take advantage of whatever guidance was offered, it would be fine. But they don't want a quarter of the population acting more normal because everyone else would make their own guesses about how it's probably safer now and we'd get another spike.

Last edited:
Last I recall reading was that while they have evidence the vaccines are 90-something percent effective in keeping people from getting sick, they still don't have evidence of whether they prevent you from spreading COVID-19 if you get exposed

so that's one reason why they don't want everyone going back to normal as soon as they get a shot.

Wearing a mask after you're vaccinated should still be required... at least until we have a significant number of people vaccinated.

I've also heard a couple anecdotal stories of people getting the first dose and getting sick... one of which was a doctor who was still wearing their mask after getting the shot, so FWIW, this isn't a homerun, in terms of getting back to normal.

I wish they would make a public statement about this... wearing a mask is nothing more than a minor inconvenience (and expense) for the wearer, but pays huge results.

If we kept taking simple precautions for the rest of the year, while vaccinating everyone possible, seems we can beat this, and 2022 will be a good year!!! (before climate change destroys human society anyway... we're on the worst case scenario trajectory, BTW)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back