Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Your 2024 Rose Bowl Champion Wolverines of Michigan

TwiX has its own set of people who are beside themselves over Michigan beating Alabama. They just randomly show up on my "for you" feed.

Last edited:
TwiX has its own set of people who are beside themselves over Michigan beating Alabama. They just randomly show up on my "for you" feed.

I don't know whether that means Elon's algorithms are working as intended or not.

It's been amusing seeing the REAL haters' predictions about Michigan get proven wrong week after week, and instead of just saying "Okay, I was fucking wrong, they're just a really good football team," they keep twisting themselves into more contorted opinions.

If we lose to Washington now, they'll have been "right" all along, of course...

I don't know whether that means Elon's algorithms are working as intended or not.

It's been amusing seeing the REAL haters' predictions about Michigan get proven wrong week after week, and instead of just saying "Okay, I was fucking wrong, they're just a really good football team," they keep twisting themselves into more contorted opinions.

If we lose to Washington now, they'll have been "right" all along, of course...

Now that JJ said that 80 percent of teams steal signs and M had to "get on their level" that's something in that M has been so successful even though the opposition was ... Stealing Signs, too.

Now that JJ said that 80 percent of teams steal signs and M had to "get on their level" that's something in that M has been so successful even though the opposition was ... Stealing Signs, too.

stealing signs isn't illegal.

I went to the 1981 Rose Bowl. Bo's first RB win. The opponent was the Washington Huskies. In 1998 Michigan beat Washington State in the RB to win the NC. Too many coincidences. I think this Michigan team is one for the ages.

- If you want to see truly massive amounts of delusional coping mechanisms or outright incoherent ranting about college football check out the Red Cedar Message Board or 11 Warriors right now... my favorite posts were a guy on the RCMB claiming we had destroyed college football and made it unwatchable (see the note about record setting viewing audiences above) or a guy on 11 Warriors claiming the Connor Stallions non-story was the most egregious example of cheating in CFB history and tarnished the sport.

like WOW is that so? People must really be tuning out... I bet tickets for the Championship will be affordable... oh... wait... shit.

Looking at rcmb, now. I like a couple comments, Michigan gets all the lucky breaks and Milroe is a shitty quarterback.

Its funny how EVERYONE("experts") stated Milroe was the 2nd coming, and that Michigan couldnt stop him. Now..................he's trash. Also, Alabama just isnt the same Saban squad as others. Why????? Because they were beaten by a better Michigan team? You cant say they were All fucking World before the game and now, yeah, just not a typical Saban team. Go fuck off, whiny fucking turds!!!!

Looking at rcmb, now. I like a couple comments, Michigan gets all the lucky breaks and Milroe is a shitty quarterback.

Its funny how EVERYONE("experts") stated Milroe was the 2nd coming, and that Michigan couldnt stop him. Now..................he's trash. Also, Alabama just isnt the same Saban squad as others. Why????? Because they were beaten by a better Michigan team? You cant say they were All fucking World before the game and now, yeah, just not a typical Saban team. Go fuck off, whiny fucking turds!!!!

Yeah, that's the stuff.

A new line each week, no memory of what they were saying even 5 minutes ago.

THIS team is going to CLOWNSTOMP Michigan.

Then we learn that team was actually terrible and was not going to CLOWNSTOMP Michigan, but the next team will.

Oh no, now the NCAA needs to take away all these wins because the sensitive fans of MSU and OSU can't handle it...

Yeah, that's the stuff.

A new line each week, no memory of what they were saying even 5 minutes ago.

THIS team is going to CLOWNSTOMP Michigan.

Then we learn that team was actually terrible and was not going to CLOWNSTOMP Michigan, but the next team will.

Oh no, now the NCAA needs to take away all these wins because the sensitive fans of MSU and OSU can't handle it...

I dont even care anymore. Michigan beat Bama in the playoff and my hopes all year were to beat whomever the SEC had for us to play. It was always going to be Bama or Georgia and my wish was granted and I was screaming at the top of my lungs on the last stop. For myself, emotionally, I'm playing with house money. Whatever happens next week, happens. Washington has the best offense in the nation, and if they win, oh well, I got what I wanted. Ill be disappointed, but it wont take away the fact this season has been a huge fucking success. And making the playoffs next year, is a forgone conclusion, with it now being 12 teams. We can lose to 2 really good teams and still make it. Our schedule is the toughest in the nation next year.

- If you want to see truly massive amounts of delusional coping mechanisms or outright incoherent ranting about college football check out the Red Cedar Message Board or 11 Warriors right now... my favorite posts were a guy on the RCMB claiming we had destroyed college football and made it unwatchable (see the note about record setting viewing audiences above) or a guy on 11 Warriors claiming the Connor Stallions non-story was the most egregious example of cheating in CFB history and tarnished the sport.

like WOW is that so? People must really be tuning out... I bet tickets for the Championship will be affordable... oh... wait... shit.

RCMB and 11 Warriors?

Damn?that is some down the rabbit hole shit.

I dont even care anymore. Michigan beat Bama in the playoff and my hopes all year were to beat whomever the SEC had for us to play. It was always going to be Bama or Georgia and my wish was granted and I was screaming at the top of my lungs on the last stop. For myself, emotionally, I'm playing with house money. Whatever happens next week, happens. Washington has the best offense in the nation, and if they win, oh well, I got what I wanted. Ill be disappointed, but it wont take away the fact this season has been a huge fucking success. And making the playoffs next year, is a forgone conclusion, with it now being 12 teams. We can lose to 2 really good teams and still make it. Our schedule is the toughest in the nation next year.

Nice.

I have an idea-er let?s hope and expect a win next, being as our guys are so close?

It?s not a guarantee, but our guys are best at what usually titles - strength and power at the line of scrimmage.

I was listening to some talk show in the car yesterday and whoever it was made a good point. When JH went to his brother to get those 2 coaches from the Ravens, it was reported that he wanted to build a team to beat OSU, specifically, a team with a high powered passing offense. He went on to say that is exactly what they have done, and Washington is basically OSU west (when OSU was really good with Stroud). Great WRs and a great QB.

I think it will be a good game. UM should come out on top.

I was listening to some talk show in the car yesterday and whoever it was made a good point. When JH went to his brother to get those 2 coaches from the Ravens, it was reported that he wanted to build a team to beat OSU, specifically, a team with a high powered passing offense. He went on to say that is exactly what they have done, and Washington is basically OSU west (when OSU was really good with Stroud). Great WRs and a great QB.

I think it will be a good game. UM should come out on top.

It seems to me that OSU has slipped a little as well. That is to say, they went all-in on the finesse game, recruiting more WRs, and tailoring their game plan to what would attract those guys, not necessarily what would win the games they needed to win.

I'm thinking of that Northwestern game last year, where Day kept trying to throw the ball in a gale, and didn't adjust until well into the 2nd half, almost letting NW score a huge upset.

Day doesn't have whatever Meyer had, and can't seem to get as much out of his team; he's just not a likeable guy, not that Meyer was, but Meyer was better at playing his role. Day's not. That footage from before the UM game in 2022 of him trying to rile his guys up was cringe-worthy.

although I'm really curious to see how things would've shaken out if Meyer had stayed.

There certainly would've been a lot more pressure on OSU, given the Zach Smith thing; trying to sweep that under the rug would've caused more issues, so maybe Meyer would've been forced out anyway.

And then his abortive coaching stint in the NFL was kind of a "Wizard of Oz" moment, where everyone realized he was not really some coaching genius, just a guy who knew how to bully college kids and manipulate the advantages he had in that game, which was changing anyways, with NIL becoming a thing.

It's also crazy to see Day get all this criticism when he's 56-8 overall, 1-2 in the playoff, and a year removed from a missed 50-yard FG against Georgia PROBABLY winning him a national championship. And he's 33-6 over the last 3 years, with a Rose Bowl win.

Who the hell is Ohio State going to get that's better than that?

We're going to lose a ton of talent after this year, and I can't imagine us being the presumptive favorites in 2024 like we were in 2023; OSU probably has a better chance of beating us if they stayed the course, rather than rolling the dice with a new coach. They already lost McCord, which I think was a dumb thing to do.

In summary: Day is not Meyer, but even Meyer isn't Meyer anymore; OSU fans (and more importantly, whoever calls the shots down there) needs to chill out, support Day for the time being, and stop chasing away veteran players if they want a shot at a conference title. Cause no matter what they do, they're not going to get another stretch like they saw from 2008-2020, where their biggest rival was hampered by bad coaching hires and some years of lousy recruiting & coaching, the rest of the Big Ten East couldn't muster any sort of consistent challenge to them, and the Big Ten West was always an "Also Ran"

Last edited by a moderator:

God! JJ just needs to keep his mouth shut! No reason to give anyone more fuel to call for sanctions, etc. Harbaugh should have a rule in place saying no one on the team talks about this, period. Just shut up! Has anyone ever gotten out of a ticket claiming "everyone else was speeding"? No.

Last edited:
Day runs a different offense than Meyer. Urbs always had dual threat QB's, which was typically Michigan's achilles heel. Stroud and McCord were/are pocket passers. If it was 3rd and 8, you better believe Urban was running his QB. That's mostly why I knew he wasn't going to be successful in the NFL. It's his pop warner system

OSU this year is not OSU 2021/22 for sure. But 2021 Stroud threw for like 390 yards. The difference is they only managed to turn that into 27 points. Holding them to a couple of field goals instead of TDs, limiting their possessions by controlling the ball all are the difference. They should have won the national championship last year. It's wild to me that OSU fans try to say with a straight face that they're "down" when they still have the 3rd most talent in the country and have the 3rd best record in the country the last 3 seasons. They're not down by any metric other than being passed by Michigan.

Back