Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Your Mock Draft

mhughes0021

1. JAX Trevor Lawrence QB
2. NYJ Ja'Marr Chase WR
3. MIA Kyle Pitts TE
4. ATL Zach Wilson QB
5. CIN Penei Sewell OT
6. PHI DeVonta Smith WR
7. DET Micah Parson LB
8. CAR Trey Lance QB
9. DEN Justin Fields QB
10. DAL Patrick Surtain II CB
11. NYG Jaylen Waddle WR
12. SF Rashawn Slater OT
13. LAC Caleb Farley CB
14. MIN Kwitty Paye DE
15. NE Mac Jones QB
16. ARI Gregory Rousseau DE
17. LV Jaelan Phillips DE
18. MIA Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB
19. WAS Alijah Vera-Tucker G
20. CHI Kadarius Toney WR
21. IND Christian Darrisaw OT
22. TEN Joe Tryon Edge
23. NYJ Najee Harris RB
24. PIT Jalen Mayfield OT
25. JAX Travis Etienne RB
26. CLE Zaven Collins LB
27. BAL Jaycee Horn CB
28. NO Nick Bolton LB
29. GB Rashod Bateman WR
30. BUF Christian Barmore DT
31. KC Landon Dickerson G
32. TB Azeez Ojulari Edge

Here is my last mock for the Lions. No trades(Too hard to predict)

7. Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU
41. Trevon Moehrig, S TCU
72. Nick Bolton, LB Missouri
101. Dylan Moses, LB Alabama
112. James Hudson, OT Cincinnati
153. Osa Odighizuwa, DT UCLA

I use PFN Draft Simulator. So if a player won't be there, it is their fault.

Don't know where to put this but since it's the latest thread, and this is news to no one but to put it in print:

Lions close with the NFL’s worst winning percentage in the 16-game schedule era 268-410-2

Don't know where to put this but since it's the latest thread, and this is news to no one but to put it in print:

Lions close with the NFL?s worst winning percentage in the 16-game schedule era 268-410-2

they will have a good chance to get the early lead as the team with the worst record in the 17 game season era

they will have a good chance to get the early lead as the team with the worst record in the 17 game season era

Fuckin right!!!! We lead the league in failures since 1978! Which is weird, because I don?t think they?ve adjusted for True Wins yet. I thought we were 640-40 with 42 Super Bowl victories.

Fuckin right!!!! We lead the league in failures since 1978! Which is weird, because I don?t think they?ve adjusted for True Wins yet. I thought we were 640-40 with 42 Super Bowl victories.

You know it. Mayhew and Quinn with Caldwell era much better or it would have been way worse. Millen era (9 years) and Patricia era (3), some of the 80s were very bad.

You know it. Mayhew and Quinn with Caldwell era much better or it would have been way worse. Millen era (9 years) and Patricia era (3), some of the 80s were very bad.

It's been 2 decades of not drafting well. Yes, any moron can get a single player in the draft to produce. But to build consecutive drafts that create the core of your team... that hasn't happened here.

It's been 2 decades of not drafting well. Yes, any moron can get a single player in the draft to produce. But to build consecutive drafts that create the core of your team... that hasn't happened here.

There have been some good drafts in the Mayhew/Quinn era.

But the resigning didn't happen for some and injuries happened for others.

But Patricia wanted a certain kind of player and contracts expired so the cupboard is somewhat dry (there is some talent still on Oline/Dline, RB/TE,CB)

Day 1 has been good overall (sans Davis not fitting but Jets picked him up) I would say but no game changers. Day 2 has suffered more when Patricia wanted his guys (Quinn/Caldwell did a bit more Glasgow, Golladay etc). Day 3 is what is is but never found the hidden gems just some solid players.

But the new regime is changing anything anyways. 2-3 year rebuild and will hang onto some. Some contract years too in Hand, Walker, Kerryon and some they haven't done much Tavia/Harris. Those will be changed out over this year and next year.

And WR still a big need with only 1 year deals given.

There have been some good drafts in the Mayhew/Quinn era.

But the resigning didn't happen for some and injuries happened for others.

But Patricia wanted a certain kind of player and contracts expired so the cupboard is somewhat dry (there is some talent still on Oline/Dline, RB/TE,CB)

Day 1 has been good overall (sans Davis not fitting but Jets picked him up) I would say but no game changers. Day 2 has suffered more when Patricia wanted his guys (Quinn/Caldwell did a bit more Glasgow, Golladay etc). Day 3 is what is is but never found the hidden gems just some solid players.

But the new regime is changing anything anyways. 2-3 year rebuild and will hang onto some. Some contract years too in Hand, Walker, Kerryon and some they haven't done much Tavia/Harris. Those will be changed out over this year and next year.

And WR still a big need with only 1 year deals given.

55% of the starting defense still needs to be turned over. That means we have 0 core to this team. Thats what happens when you draft terribly.

Flowers, Hand, Tavaii, OLB#2???, CB#3???, SS.

Last edited:

1979 was not a true win - November was a true loss so really only 41 Super Bowl victories.

55% of the starting defense still needs to be turned over. That means we have 0 core to this team. Thats what happens when you draft terribly.

Flowers, Hand, Tavaii, OLB#2???, CB#3???, SS.

3 Oline, RB, TE good core to build from

QB change was made and got us draft capital. Changed out the good core and added one with potential plus 2 1sts and 3rd

Defense is a complete scheme change (Pats to Rams)
Okudah, AO and Okwaras are the core
Flowers is a good player too FA from last regime but can have success in the new one. Collins too
Hand and Walker have talent but in contract years

Tavai and Harris are mistakes for an old scheme. Plenty of picks to replace them and LB/Safeties can do well as rookies.

Plus they brought in Brockers for 2-3 years at DT

And the rest filling holes with one year WR deals, Jamaal Williams, Anzalone, Corn Elder

Draft is where we build. The draft clearly is upcoming. Relax until after the draft

3 Oline, RB, TE good core to build from

QB change was made and got us draft capital. Changed out the good core and added one with potential plus 2 1sts and 3rd

Defense is a complete scheme change (Pats to Rams)
Okudah, AO and Okwaras are the core
Flowers is a good player too FA from last regime but can have success in the new one. Collins too
Hand and Walker have talent but in contract years

Tavai and Harris are mistakes for an old scheme. Plenty of picks to replace them and LB/Safeties can do well as rookies.

Plus they brought in Brockers for 2-3 years at DT

And the rest filling holes with one year WR deals, Jamaal Williams, Anzalone, Corn Elder

Draft is where we build. The draft clearly is upcoming. Relax until after the draft

TE and RB are not "core" positions that you build around unless they are "generational" talents. TE & RB are accessories.

TE and RB are not "core" positions that you build around unless they are "generational" talents. TE & RB are accessories.

When you talk about core players I think that just means the guys you can build around because they will be here for 4+ years. Core players don't have to be edge rushers, QB's, LT, and CB's.

Hockenson, Ragnow, and Decker are 100% core players on this team. Swift, Jonah Jackson, Goff, Romeo, Okudah, and AO all have a chance to be apart of that conversation. Walker, Hand, and Tyrell Williams (he is a little old though) also have shown enough potential in the past to be mentioned with those guys, or they could just as easily be gone in 2022. Julian Okwara is probably the only other guy who I think has a lot of untapped potential, and could put himself in that mix as well.

When you talk about core players I think that just means the guys you can build around because they will be here for 4+ years. Core players don't have to be edge rushers, QB's, LT, and CB's.

Hockenson, Ragnow, and Decker are 100% core players on this team. Swift, Jonah Jackson, Goff, Romeo, Okudah, and AO all have a chance to be apart of that conversation. Walker, Hand, and Tyrell Williams (he is a little old though) also have shown enough potential in the past to be mentioned with those guys, or they could just as easily be gone in 2022. Julian Okwara is probably the only other guy who I think has a lot of untapped potential, and could put himself in that mix as well.

When I think of core to a team I think of units that give you an advantage. Our oline has some good pieces.... but rg and rt still need to be improved. That's 40% of the line that needs fixing.

Defense
Half the dline needs to be changed within the next year.
67% of the lbs need to be changed this year
100% of the cbs within their first 2 years and coming off injuries with zero depth behind them.
Safety 50% needs to be changed this year and the other 50% sucked ass last year.

This team has no core.

When I think of core to a team I think of units that give you an advantage. Our oline has some good pieces.... but rg and rt still need to be improved. That's 40% of the line that needs fixing.

Defense
Half the dline needs to be changed within the next year.
67% of the lbs need to be changed this year
100% of the cbs within their first 2 years and coming off injuries with zero depth behind them.
Safety 50% needs to be changed this year and the other 50% sucked ass last year.

This team has no core.

That is more of a team strength you can lean on to me. Like obviously the Ravens are known for their rushing attack. Right now we have nothing to hang our hat on so to speak. I think by the end of 2021 we will have a very good running game for e first time in forever, but that is far from a certainty.

I was more so talking about core players. Right now we have three that I am very confident in, and that is it.

That is more of a team strength you can lean on to me. Like obviously the Ravens are known for their rushing attack. Right now we have nothing to hang our hat on so to speak. I think by the end of 2021 we will have a very good running game for e first time in forever, but that is far from a certainty.

I was more so talking about core players. Right now we have three that I am very confident in, and that is it.

We have Zero people on the current roster that should be considered core players as of right now.

Would anyone consider trading Decker and our 1st to move up to #5 and get the Bengals 3rd?

We have Zero people on the current roster that should be considered core players as of right now.

Would anyone consider trading Decker and our 1st to move up to #5 and get the Bengals 3rd?

That would be stupid. You don?t trade a top 1/3 starting LT....in his prime....that would leave us with ANOTHER $29M in dead cap money.....for 2 spots. We?d have to clear another $28M in cap space this year alone. It would be about the dumbest move we could possibly make.

Last edited:
Back