Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Your Mock Draft

That would be stupid. You don?t trade a top 1/3 starting LT....in his prime....that would leave us with ANOTHER $29M in dead cap money.....for 2 spots. We?d have to clear another $28M in cap space this year alone. It would be about the dumbest move we could possibly make.

I didn?t realize the cap hit. That would be pretty stupid.

We have Zero people on the current roster that should be considered core players as of right now.

Would anyone consider trading Decker and our 1st to move up to #5 and get the Bengals 3rd?

Decker played like a top ten OT last year and has been consistently getting better his entire career. Ragnow is a top 3 Center. Hockenson is only getting better and is a top 5 TE. Those guys are clearly part of the core. Nobody else is established enough to say for sure.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Traded back a couple times:
DET

Rashod Bateman
WR Minnesota
trade icon
DET

Caleb Farley
CB Virginia Tech
DET

Ronnie Perkins
EDGE Oklahoma
trade icon
DET

Liam Eichenberg
OT Notre Dame
trade icon
DET

Rashad Weaver
EDGE Pittsburgh
DET

Chazz Surratt
LB North Carolina
DET

Caden Sterns
S Texas

2022 ARI 2nd
2022 IND 3rd

How different things can look after 6 weeks! My Mock v2.0!

1. JAX Trevor Lawrence QB
2. NYJ Zach Wilson QB
3. SF Mac Jones QB
4. *Trade* DEN Trey Lance QB
5. CIN Jamar Chase WR
6. MIA Kyle Pitts TE
7. DET Penei Sewell OT
8. *Trade* NE Justin Fields QB
9. *Trade* ATL Micah Parsons LB
10. DAL Patrick Surtain II CB
11. NYG Jaylen Waddle WR
12. PHI Devonta Smith WR
13. LAC Rashawn Slater OT
14. MIN Kwitty Paye DE
15. *Trade* CAR Christian Darrisaw OT
16. ARI Gregory Rousseau DE
17. LV Jaelan Phillips DE
18. MIA Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB
19. WAS Alijah Vera-Tucker G
20. CHI Kadarius Toney WR
21. IND Jaycee Horn CB
22. TEN Azeez Ojulari Edge
23. NYJ Najee Harris RB
24. PIT Teven Jenkins OT
25. JAX Rashod Bateman WR
26. CLE Zaven Collins LB
27. BAL Terrance Marshall WR
28. NO Elijah Moore WR
29. GB Caleb Farley CB
30. BUF Christian Barmore DT
31. KC Landon Dickerson G
32. TB Jason Oweh Edge

Last edited:
You want to be in the top 15 this draft. Bottom half of rd 1 is practically worthless...you can trade out of rd 1 and get the same quality of player at the top of rd 2 imo. Except a couple of the WRs...

My final lions mock:
1) Penei Sewell OT
2) Jamin Davis LB
3) Andre Cisco S
3b) Tylan Wallace WR
4) Tommy Togiai DT
5) Shakur Brown CB

Last edited:
If Pitts were as good as Kelce or Kittle, would you take him at 7?

I would say yes. In today's game, having that TE in the middle of the field that demands that kind of attention from LB's and S's opens everything else up. And if you say as good as those two....that means he would be a plus blocker, too.

So yes, if hes a plus blocker and a Darren Waller type pass catcher......he's a bargain at #7.

What would be that one player where you'd be like Noooooooo!

Pitts

Though I?ll probably react the same to any pick that isn?t O-line or defense.

Just not interested in investing in weapons while Goff is here.

Pitts

The problem with that is there is absolutely no guarantee that the weapons will be there when Goff leaves. I'd rather get Chase or Waddle now, give Goff a real shot to succeed but when he doesn't (and I don't think he will) we still have weapons for the new QB.

Because you also don't want to draft a new QB and have shitty weapons, either. And no FA QB is going to want to come to your team if you don't have players on the outside that are appealing.

Catch 22 really.....but I'd rather have them than not.

Pitts

Depends on the board. Pitts would be above Slater for me.

If Pitts works out like many think he will, will be amazing and will last beyond the Goff era (1 or 2 years). 4 year contract with 5th year option and ability for longer deal or 6th year franchise

Lions need a game changer weapon for Goff, Fields, Lance, QB 2022 whoever. They could find one in Round 2 but not with the measurables of Pitts, Chase, Waddle etc

Oline is the safer pick but better chance at a game changer with a weapon. Lions need a game changer AND need to hit on day 2 and draft well in 2022/2023 regardless.

Hit on as many picks as possible obviously. I am certain they can find Oline on day 2 if they go weapon.

The problem with that is there is absolutely no guarantee that the weapons will be there when Goff leaves. I'd rather get Chase or Waddle now, give Goff a real shot to succeed but when he doesn't (and I don't think he will) we still have weapons for the new QB.

Because you also don't want to draft a new QB and have shitty weapons, either. And no FA QB is going to want to come to your team if you don't have players on the outside that are appealing.

Catch 22 really.....but I'd rather have them than not.

I understand the need but I worry about how much of that WR talent will be utilized with Goff. Goff will be here a minimum of 2 years, if they make the best possible WR pick and Goff struggles, there goes 2 seasons and then you have 2-3 more before the rookie deal is up (likely one of those seasons being a developmental period for a new QB).

I?d rather draft a guy who can be a force on most plays and isn?t reliant on Goff to do well.

I?m more open to WR next year as I think it fits better in the timeline, just seems too early to me right now when there are other building blocks they can shore up. I want to see the next QB develop behind a phenomenal O-line and a defense that actually gives him decent field position to work with.

I understand the need but I worry about how much of that WR talent will be utilized with Goff. Goff will be here a minimum of 2 years, if they make the best possible WR pick and Goff struggles, there goes 2 seasons and then you have 2-3 more before the rookie deal is up (likely one of those seasons being a developmental period for a new QB).

I?d rather draft a guy who can be a force on most plays and isn?t reliant on Goff to do well.

I?m more open to WR next year as I think it fits better in the timeline, just seems too early to me right now when there are other building blocks they can shore up. I want to see the next QB develop behind a phenomenal O-line and a defense that actually gives him decent field position to work with.

Feel like I would want stud Dline next year early. None available this year so WR seems like as good as Parsons or Right Tackle

Pitts will more than likely be BPA by the time our pick comes around. If hes selected it would say alot about how Holmes drafts and is looking to build for the future with the best guy on the board. Completely neglecting need isnt the smartest draft startegy either....especially when youre fielding half of a team that needs atleast 10 new starters in the next year.

3 top 10 TEs in less than a decade....when said out loud is the absolute dumbest thing an organization can do. leave it to the lions to be the dumbest....so i wouldnt put it past them. Actually...i expect it at this point.

Pitts will more than likely be BPA by the time our pick comes around. If hes selected it would say alot about how Holmes drafts and is looking to build for the future with the best guy on the board. Completely neglecting need isnt the smartest draft startegy either....especially when youre fielding half of a team that needs atleast 10 new starters in the next year.

3 top 10 TEs in less than a decade....when said out loud is the absolute dumbest thing an organization can do. leave it to the lions to be the dumbest....so i wouldnt put it past them. Actually...i expect it at this point.

He's so going to select someone that helps his QB. The QB he wanted so I expect WR or Pitts.

Back