Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Zimmerman To Be Charged

then why did ben stiller blow up the Costco?

tumblr_lowwgtmEQK1qca4iqo1_400.gif

one thing people keep missing when they attack Martin's character, and use any of his flaws to justify (in their own sick and twisted minds) why his death wasn't murder here: Zimmerman didn't know him. Zimmerman had NO IDEA who Martin was. he was just stalking him, confronting him, and eventually shooting him to death based on his appearance.

and that's what matters; self-defense is established based on what a reasonable person would perceive at the time. A reasonable person would have to believe they were in danger of being killed or subject to great bodily harm at the time. That's the standard. Even aside from the fact that Martin didn't have a violent past regardless, Zimmerman wouldn't know he was a "troublemaker" at the time. So I just don't see how a man Zimmerman's size, armed with a gun, believed he needed to kill Martin to protect himself there.

so this further undermines the self-defense claim. or should have.

if you can't grasp this, well, you would be right at home with the six dumb Florida housewives who sat on the jury...

Its funny how you crucify Zimmerman all day long, some it probably warranted, during his trial but nothing (no thread) about him saving a family of 4 from a car wreck. He even came out of hiding to do so..

Its funny how you crucify Zimmerman all day long, some it probably warranted, during his trial but nothing (no thread) about him saving a family of 4 from a car wreck. He even came out of hiding to do so..

Well that settles it. He's got life credit now. Ended 1 life but saved 4? dude he's +3 with the lord now!

/sarcasm

So that means it was cool that he killed somebody?

Come on. I mean, I personally don't care that he's out beyond the fact that I think this verdict encourages stupid vigilantism. I don't really think that's he's likely to harm somebody again which is really the entire point of imprisoning someone, but he still made a stupid mistake that cost someone his life and pulling a 100 people from a car won't change that.

good for him for helping a family out of an overturned car. Doesn't sound like their lives were in danger, nor was Zimmerman's safety at risk... so maybe claiming he "saved" them is going a bit overboard. it's not like the car was on fire, or he performed CPR on anyone or anything like that.

next are you going to tell us how Hitler also did a lot of good things for Germany that get overlooked by the bad stuff?

good for him for helping a family out of an overturned car. Doesn't sound like their lives were in danger, nor was Zimmerman's safety at risk... so maybe claiming he "saved" them is going a bit overboard. it's not like the car was on fire, or he performed CPR on anyone or anything like that.

next are you going to tell us how Hitler also did a lot of good things for Germany that get overlooked by the bad stuff?

Well he was responsible for the Volkswagen Beetle. >:D

The trains did run on time.

Well that settles it. He's got life credit now. Ended 1 life but saved 4? dude he's +3 with the lord now!

/sarcasm

He saved more than that, Trayvon was obviously on track to become a future felon.

/sarcasm

Been a long time, Grandy. Good to hear from ya..

Yeah I figured I should pop in once in a while. I've been losing interest in sports for a while now and haven't watched the Tigers much, not much I can post here with that combination.

I just got sick of the extremes on both sides in this case, one side tried to make Trayvon out to be some future-less thug whose only purpose in life was to cause trouble and the other side made Zimmerman out to be some uber-racist skinhead hunting for black people.

From what I gather, both guys were afraid of one another, a neighborhood watch volunteer afraid that some hooded kid was causing trouble in the community and a kid afraid that some creepy cop-wannabe was following him for no apparent reason. Bad decision were made and one of them ended up dead. If Zimmerman's stupidity and carelessness was on trial, he would've been found guilty, but it wasn't and I don't think he intended on killing Trayvon...and that's what the case was about. From what I've read from gun owners, Zimmerman basically ignored everything they teach you in basic firearm training.

P.S. Somebody stick socks in both Al Sharpton's and Mark O'Mara's mouths please

...Bad decision were made and one of them ended up dead. If Zimmerman's stupidity and carelessness was on trial, he would've been found guilty, but it wasn't and I don't think he intended on killing Trayvon...

well, he intended to kill Trayvon Martin at some point... he pointed a gun at his chest and pulled the trigger.

well, he intended to kill Trayvon Martin at some point... he pointed a gun at his chest and pulled the trigger.

I suppose, but if he intended to do it when he stepped out of his vehicle, the altercation would've been rather short.

Yeah I figured I should pop in once in a while. I've been losing interest in sports for a while now and haven't watched the Tigers much, not much I can post here with that combination.

I just got sick of the extremes on both sides in this case, one side tried to make Trayvon out to be some future-less thug whose only purpose in life was to cause trouble and the other side made Zimmerman out to be some uber-racist skinhead hunting for black people.

From what I gather, both guys were afraid of one another, a neighborhood watch volunteer afraid that some hooded kid was causing trouble in the community and a kid afraid that some creepy cop-wannabe was following him for no apparent reason. Bad decision were made and one of them ended up dead. If Zimmerman's stupidity and carelessness was on trial, he would've been found guilty, but it wasn't and I don't think he intended on killing Trayvon...and that's what the case was about. From what I've read from gun owners, Zimmerman basically ignored everything they teach you in basic firearm training.

P.S. Somebody stick socks in both Al Sharpton's and Mark O'Mara's mouths please

I agree. Its hard for any of us to know exactly what happened with only Zimmerman's side so to speak.

A bad tragedy and that's unfortunate.

Back