Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

3 days!

1e25b2caa4c7ec4ffb602a1982ad7446.gif
4abd5ade065a7f755696852fe5a01020.gif
cff8d2cc16cb42f4e893734d22d0e542.gif
e7335500373190df1c6280d654c445e3.jpg
12673af68383c55597fc33c178fce4ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Texas...tech. The rich history of the Red Raiders in basketball probably was too irresistible for him.
He also said he wanted a fast paced offense. Good thing TT is almost as slow as Wisconsin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#1, 3, 4, and 5 all lost this past week. Irritating that Michigan would be #2 if they had pulled out the Oregon win, but what a strange year.

Rutgers beat the hell out of Seton Hall

Word is Hunter Dickinson will make his choice known sometime this week.

#1, 3, 4, and 5 all lost this past week. Irritating that Michigan would be #2 if they had pulled out the Oregon win, but what a strange year.

Rutgers beat the hell out of Seton Hall

Word is Hunter Dickinson will make his choice known sometime this week.

Didn't realize it going into the game, but Oregon's schedule setup perfectly for them to pull the road upset. Saturday was just their second game since Battle 4 Atlantis. The only team they had to play between Atlantis and us was Hawaii. They basically had two whole weeks to prepare.

Didn't realize it going into the game, but Oregon's schedule setup perfectly for them to pull the road upset. Saturday was just their second game since Battle 4 Atlantis. The only team they had to play between Atlantis and us was Hawaii. They basically had two whole weeks to prepare.

Shouldn't be an excuse. Simpson's lazy turn-overs. Brooks horrible play. Johns missing 2 key free throws. 4 missed dunks. All to lose by 1. Terrible d down the stretch, allowing them to score like 10 straight trips or something. No way they should have lost that game. I'm sure they are as upset as I am. I'm not trying to get down on any 1 player or the coach, but that loss is hard to take.

I see Wofford beat UNC. That win isn't worth as much now

On the other hand, Gonzaga beat Arizona...

Shouldn't be an excuse. Simpson's lazy turn-overs. Brooks horrible play. Johns missing 2 key free throws. 4 missed dunks. All to lose by 1. Terrible d down the stretch, allowing them to score like 10 straight trips or something. No way they should have lost that game. I'm sure they are as upset as I am. I'm not trying to get down on any 1 player or the coach, but that loss is hard to take.

I'm not making an excuse, just pointing out that the schedule worked out really well for Oregon.

Like you pointed out, we still should have won. I was upset we lost, but ultimately we are saw more evidence of Johns coming out of his shell and Franz is finding his stroke from three. Those two things are far more important right now. Those two can raise the team's ceiling. DDJ is providing a scoring punch off the bench as well. The best rotation is coming into focus for Juwan now.

We knew there'd be some bumps in the road this year. Especially with the brutal non-conference schedule we have. We should still be a top 15 team and we are well on our way to dancing in March with a solid seeding again.

I'm not making an excuse, just pointing out that the schedule worked out really well for Oregon.

Like you pointed out, we still should have won. I was upset we lost, but ultimately we are saw more evidence of Johns coming out of his shell and Franz is finding his stroke from three. Those two things are far more important right now. Those two can raise the team's ceiling. DDJ is providing a scoring punch off the bench as well. The best rotation is coming into focus for Juwan now.

We knew there'd be some bumps in the road this year. Especially with the brutal non-conference schedule we have. We should still be a top 15 team and we are well on our way to dancing in March with a solid seeding again.

Franz, DD, and Johns are coming on. Brooks and Castleton look worse now, though.

Franz, DD, and Johns are coming on. Brooks and Castleton look worse now, though.

Castleton is bordering on unplayable in my opinion. He's extremely limited on offense and his defense and rebounding doesn't make up for it.

He might be much improved next year when he has added more strength and weight, but he's just not ready right now.

some news

Isaiah Livers is out indefinitely with a groin injury. Indefinitely meaning that at this time, they don't know how long he will be out

former Duquesne Point Guard Brandon Wade is going to join the team as a walk-on. I'm not sure at this time when he will be eligible. I believe at the beginning of next season.

Back