Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Not that I visit Twitter, but word is that Todd stopped following everyone Michigan related and dropped all Michigan references from his page

I guess that doesn't totally mean...but many are guessing.
Did a quick one second check on Instagram and saw he still follows Juwan and Michigan hoops.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Lamar_Atkins
@LamarAtkins13
?
10h
Will Barton just asked Isaiah Todd on Instagram live where he is playing at next year and he responded with “Michigan”. Both continued to talk about how much they love and vibe with Juwan Howard. Great news #GoBlue

Mike Smith, Columbia PG transfer, commits.

Small bit from UMHoops. Not posting the whole thing due to it being paywalled.

Last year’s 23 PPG, 5 APG and 2 SPG averages are no joke, but they were empty calories for a team that dropped like an anvil to the bottom of the Ivy League standings (the Lions lost 13 games down the stretch to finish 1-13 in the conference). Granted, Smith was hardly to blame for the free fall – he became a one-man-band after the Lions lost Patrick Tape and Gabe Stefanini for the season, arguably their 2nd and 3rd best players.

Smith no doubt has the tools to be an impact guy for a prominent program, but role acceptance and role optimization will determine his destiny. Role acceptance starts with Smith. Long gone are the days of puppeteering each offensive possession without boundaries. He’s got the chops to initiate offense through pick-n-roll, which became the bread-and-butter of Juwan Howard’s offense last season, but he’ll have to wear multiple hats, one of which could be a complementary, catch-and-shoot role. Last year, Smith canned 47% of his catch-and-shoot jump shots (1.37 PPP per Synergy), a sneaky strong indicator that he’s qualified to make that adjustment.

Last edited:
and just like that the roster took care of itself

and Christopher and we're done

unless there is more attrition and Livers' situation

Last edited:
and just like that the roster took care of itself

and Christopher and we're done

unless there is more attrition and Livers' situation

Hopeful that Livers is coming back. Right now, ESPN has him at 100 on their draft board. Obviously that's way out of being drafted.

He really does need to improve his handles and passing for the next level. He could do that at Michigan or try the G-League route.

Yes. I believe Livers will be back now. If he had stayed healthy all season, Michigan probably would have won 4 or 5 more games and he would be gone. I guess we'll never know, though.

Whiffed on Christopher. Insiders were all wrong. He chose ASU, whose basketball program is about as relevant as their hockey program. Their hockey team plays on sand, uses cacti as sticks, and an armadillo as a puck.

I guess we couldn't overcome his brother being on ASU and climate. His dad mentioned Ann Arbor being too cold a few times. Oh well. Moving on.

Todd going pro. Great idea in a pandemic, but whatever. Moving on.

We're fine with Livers and Johns at the 4.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I thought Livers was going pro too ?

He's going through the draft process, but wants a guaranteed contract or he's coming back. He's said as much.

Can't see him getting a 1st round guarantee from any team considering he's not on any draft boards and is projected to go undrafted. COVID-19 is going to seriously limit working out for teams, so I doubt he can improve his draft stock all that much.

Back