Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Football Recruiting '16

June has been a really good month for us thats for sure. Harbaugh has been doing everything he has had to do. We needed players on both lines especially the OL. Some have said this class could go as high as 28 commits.

I'm pretty sure B1G recruiting rules state we can only go 25 with a team being able to retro 2 players to the previous class if they are enrolled for the winter semester. That would mean 27 total. I could be wrong but I thought this was the way it worked.

With Pipkins leaving we can early enroll 3 and so that will push them up to 28. Sounds like the weekend went well. Gray and his mother were blown away by Michigan and did not like their visit to OSU at all. But we will have to battle Bama.

I'm pretty sure B1G recruiting rules state we can only go 25 with a team being able to retro 2 players to the previous class if they are enrolled for the winter semester. That would mean 27 total. I could be wrong but I thought this was the way it worked.

I did some more searching. The B1G allows schools to oversign by 3 but kids that enroll midyear do not count against the 28 as long as they do not bring you over 28 from the previous year and you only have 85 scholarships total. Does anyone know what the total class was last year?

I did some more searching. The B1G allows schools to oversign by 3 but kids that enroll midyear do not count against the 28 as long as they do not bring you over 28 from the previous year and you only have 85 scholarships total. Does anyone know what the total class was last year?

I dont know the total, but i thought we pocketed 2 or 3 scholarships. I could be wrong. I remember some guys were saying that they would rather keep the schollys rather than give a kid one with the intentions of just filling the class.

Updated the list. We're up to 21 commits. So we should be taking on 6-7 more???

Rashan Gary and I'm a happy, happy boy. The rest is just gravy.

This is a silly thread. We all know Harbaugh doesn't like to recruit nor can he. Just setting people up for disappointment.

This is a silly thread. We all know Harbaugh doesn't like to recruit nor can he. Just setting people up for disappointment.

What, that has to be sarcastic? Hes taken a 30th ranked recruiting program to 6th in 3 weeks! What more can you expect??? Starting another Lloyd Carr Witch hunt already?

Last edited:
Florida, Oregon, OSU, MSU offers...nice

Exactly, Harbaugh has recruited as well as anyone ive seen in the time given. Like Victors said, fire off an email to him with your thoughts. I felt a slug in the gut the second I saw Harbaugh was on board. Putting all bias aside the guy is one one the best coaches in college football and he proved it with Stanford and again with Michigan in recruiting thus far.

Last edited:
What, that has to be sarcastic? Hes taken a 30th ranked recruiting program to 6th in 3 weeks! What more can you expect??? Starting another Lloyd Carr Witch hunt already?

It was sarcasm. I'm sure you can recall that every NFL groupie reporter saying one of the reasons there wasn't a cold chance in hell Harbaugh would end up at Michigan was because he doesn't like recruiting.

It was sarcasm. I'm sure you can recall that every NFL groupie reporter saying one of the reasons there wasn't a cold chance in hell Harbaugh would end up at Michigan was because he doesn't like recruiting.

I thought you might be serious but wasnt sure. I did see some negative nellies in regards to recruiting ( 3 weeks ago) on mlive. I get this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Last edited:

Hes also getting paid more but the expectations of him will be greater. Honestly, I saw a 20% chance of landing him. I figured his wife "not wanting to live in the Midwest" would have been the clincher

Last edited:
She claims that she never said it and wasnt sure where people got it from. She said she would move anywhere but she wanted it to be a plave they would be at for a while because Maddie is in school and Jack would be soon and she didnt want to have to keep uprooting them.

Back