Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mike Valenti's Rant about the Lions

It does not even out. That is a misconception by you

You should want 5 hour games and 100% accurcay, not bullshit refs deciding games

Who on earth would waste 5 hours watching a football game? Good lord!

I would love a 5 hour game. More football. I love football. I'd watch a 24 hour football game.

I watch every Lions game 3 times a week. And most other games thanks to Game Pass

I would love a 5 hour game. More football. I love football. I'd watch a 24 hour football game.

I watch every Lions game 3 times a week. And most other games thanks to Game Pass

that's because you are a loser

it happens to every team...you are just blinded by your lion's homerism.

As far as a 5 hour game...no thanks! I would rather there be bad calls and a 2.5 hour game!

College reviews all plays and does not take too long. Heck they could cut back on taking a commercial break after a pat, then after a kickoff and it would more than make up for the difference. But that would cut down money in their pockets and never happen.

I think there should be an independent review happening on all plays, and the coaches still have a few challenges each game.

The second and third watching take 30 minutes each. Plenty of time for other things.

College reviews all plays and does not take too long. Heck they could cut back on taking a commercial break after a pat, then after a kickoff and it would more than make up for the difference. But that would cut down money in their pockets and never happen.

I think there should be an independent review happening on all plays, and the coaches still have a few challenges each game.

They can't call down to say a penalty should of been called can they?
They only review the things you can review in a NFL game correct?

They can't call down to say a penalty should of been called can they?
They only review the things you can review in a NFL game correct?

Kind of yes and no. If they review if the play resulted in a first down but while reviewing they see he didn't make the catch, they can over turn it. The bat out of the end zone, no. Maybe you're not asking that so bypass all this drivel.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about being gutless. I am talking about the Lions being a sham of an organization. Putting an inferior product on the field for 5 decades, making $$$ of fans who are foolish enough to go to the games, buy their merchandise and support their sponsors. They are the laughing stock of the NFL and it isn't even close IMO.

Laughing stock belongs to the Jaguars.......and it's not even close. At least the Lions have been to the playoffs a couple times in the last few years. Jaguars haven't even been relavant since Mark Brunell. Lets be real, man....lol

In recent history, definitely the Jags. But at least they got to an AFC Title game. And 5 wins since '96.

In recent history, definitely the Jags. But at least they got to an AFC Title game. And 5 wins since '96.

And they probably should have went to a SB that year. They were awesome with Brunell, McCardell and Smith. Offense was sick....

Laughing stock belongs to the Jaguars.......and it's not even close. At least the Lions have been to the playoffs a couple times in the last few years. Jaguars haven't even been relavant since Mark Brunell. Lets be real, man....lol

Jags have been in the league since 1995

Since 1995

Jags 147-173 .459
Lions 117 - 203 .366

Playoff record

Jags 5-6 0.456
Lions 0-5 0.000

Most recent playoff win
Jacksonville beat the Steelers in 2007.
Lions....none since 1991

Back