Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mike Valenti's Rant about the Lions

Lions are a laughing stock because they are consistently bad. They have a QB that can't hit an open WR 15 yards down the field. They can't run the ball. They score 3 points on offense in 60 minutes. They never beat anyone on the road. They consistently fail on draft picks.

They aren't a laughing stock because they don't raise hell after a bad call.

In the fail mary game, McCarthy had pretty much the same reaction as Caldwell did. They still turned out ok.

The leagues ultimate revenue source (Cowboys) got screwed out of a game on a bad call last year. Bad calls happen. Its part of sports.

But the thread isn't about the offense, the QB, the running game or anything else but the call on the field. Or the non-call for that matter. The Lions continually get shit on by the league. Then the players and organization go into hiding. Nothing from Mayhew or Jr??? Wtf?! Really?! I know ranting and raving is pointless at times, but something needed to be said in that situation. Someone needed to lose their mind. You cannot categorize that horseshit under " oh well, its a part of sports"

Players, owners and coaches understand that terrible calls happen. The only people that don't understand it are some fans.

Last edited:
Even if a Mayhew or Caldwell stomped their feet.. What does it change? Do we feel better? Do we feel like the refs will stop screwing up?

Players, owners and coaches understand that terrible calls happen. The only people that don't understand it are some fans.

Dumb. We understand it but we don't need to accept it. It happens too much to Detroit.

Even if a Mayhew or Caldwell stomped their feet.. What does it change? Do we feel better? Do we feel like the refs will stop screwing up?

Nothing changes, but thats not the point. They got royally fucked AGAIN. There needs to be a voice

Nothing changes, but thats not the point. They got royally fucked AGAIN. There needs to be a voice

They messed up. It's coincidence. You really think the refs get together and say "How are we going to screw Detroit this week?"

Dumb. We understand it but we don't need to accept it. It happens too much to Detroit.

I just seems to Detroit fans that it happens too much to Detroit because that is the team they follow. Shitty calls happen all of the time to every team.

You think Bellicheck would have been quiet, or Pete Carroll? You need to speak up in this league.

They messed up. It's coincidence. You really think the refs get together and say "How are we going to screw Detroit this week?"

Maybe, Mitch!! Coincidence? Lol. Fucking bs!! Nobody cares about this team outside the fans.

You think Bellicheck would have been quiet, or Pete Carroll? You need to speak up in this league.

Some do, some don't. You know what happens, they get an apology. It's not like we didn't know Caldwell was a quiet guy.. No emotion at all. They won't change the way they call a game because Caldwell speaks up..

Last edited:
I just seems to Detroit fans that it happens too much to Detroit because that is the team they follow. Shitty calls happen all of the time to every team.

You're delusional. Look at the history in the last handful of years. RULE changing calls or non-calls.

Some do, some don't. You know what happens, they get an apology. It's not like we didn't know Caldwell was a quiet guy.. No emotion at all. They won't change the way they call a game because Caldwell speaks up..

Forget it. It's like talking to a fucking corpse when someone converses with you. You. Dont. Get. It.

No, they won't change their tune, but they next time they make a call, they'll think twice if that coach has some sack. Our guy just bends over and lets the league own him. It's not a coincidence that teams like NE and Seattle don't have these ridiculous calls go against them. I can almost picture Bellicheck sprinting onto the field if this same thing happened to NE, tearing the refs, the refs getting together and changing their call. Not our guy.

Last edited:
Forget it. It's like talking to a fucking corpse when someone converses with you. You. Dont. Get. It.

Yeah because you think the refs our purposely screwing us, lol. For 57 years we've been screwed. Ah, that's not fair. Lol.

No, they won't change their tune, but they next time they make a call, they'll think twice if that coach has some sack. Our guy just bends over and lets the league own him. It's not a coincidence that teams like NE and Seattle don't have these ridiculous calls go against them. I can almost picture Bellicheck sprinting onto the field if this same thing happened to NE, tearing the refs, the refs getting together and changing their call. Not our guy.

No they won't and Caldwell is not Belichec. That's like they'll give the same treatment to Matt as Brady. And as far as sprinting onto the field I doubt he even knew there was rule against a bat. Carroll certainly didn't.

Last edited:
You're delusional. Look at the history in the last handful of years. RULE changing calls or non-calls.

a few odd calls over the past few years but every team has them...it just so happens that the Lions have had a few more recently.

Maybe they're against the NFC North since GB got screwed in the fail mary.

Mitch I love ya. But if you think they give the same treatment to Matt Stafford as compared to Tom Brady, you might need to see the doctor.

Mitch I love ya. But if you think they give the same treatment to Matt Stafford as compared to Tom Brady, you might need to see the doctor.

That's what I'm saying. Argue, Matt still won't those calls. Maybe I didn't explain it right, Caldwell is not Belichec and Matt is not Tom.

Back