Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Utah Score Prediction Thread

I've never bet on Michigan losing, even if that's what I thought would happen. I bet a lot of people are like that about their team, even when there's no money involved. Some people make predictions, some people add some optimism, some people post what they'd like to see. Somehow it's a new idea to sbee. "No! The thread's title clearly says PREDICTION!!"

What a maroon.

I too will never bet losing

Bit this was a prediction thread and not snout betting

Your team is playing the season opener in a few hours and you are on the M forum counting poster responses on a given thread?

That's not normal.
What am I supposed to do 4 hours prior to our season opener? Go over film like I'm on the team?

I get that it's easier to attack me vs addressing the points that I make.

What point? That Michigan fans pick their team to win? You really cracked the code on that one.

What point? That Michigan fans pick their team to win? You really cracked the code on that one.

there's a difference between what you want to happen vs what you think will happen (a prediction)

We all want our teams to win and predict in hopes they will. I dont really care about Michigan but the fact is their showing was much stronger than ours. I never said the sky is falling but our showing was putrid. Michigan has taken some strides from last year, we havent as of now.

there's a difference between what you want to happen vs what you think will happen (a prediction)

Dafuq do you care what we thought/hoped happened? I still fully expect this team to have a winning record and play in a bowl game which, assuming they're playing another 7-5ish team, I believe they'll win. QB and Smith aside and despite the loss, that wasn't a terrible showing for a first game, on the road in a tough venue against a solid team. The defense looked good outside of two drives and only gave up 17 points and the receivers looked great. I'm encouraged by what I saw because of that was a game last year this team would've quit after the pick 6 and mailed it in.

That is not what I hope will hailed, that is what I believe will happen. Are you happy now, ya twat?

predict
[pri-dikt]

verb (used with object)
to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell:
to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.

verb (used without object)
to foretell the future; make a prediction.

There's nothing in there about how a prediction has to be from your head rather than from your heart. It just says you declare or tell something in advance, which is what everybody did.

This is the most trivial thing to point out. You wonder why people say you're obsessed...

Dafuq do you care what we thought/hoped happened? I still fully expect this team to have a winning record and play in a bowl game which, assuming they're playing another 7-5ish team, I believe they'll win. QB and Smith aside and despite the loss, that wasn't a terrible showing for a first game, on the road in a tough venue against a solid team. The defense looked good outside of two drives and only gave up 17 points and the receivers looked great. I'm encouraged by what I saw because of that was a game last year this team would've quit after the pick 6 and mailed it in.

That is not what I hope will hailed, that is what I believe will happen. Are you happy now, ya twat?

I see a better team and a better coach than last year. Michigan did quite well for a first game against a good opponent on the road. It was one pick 6 away from a different outcome.

predict
[pri-dikt]

verb (used with object)
to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell:
to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.

verb (used without object)
to foretell the future; make a prediction.

There's nothing in there about how a prediction has to be from your head rather than from your heart. It just says you declare or tell something in advance, which is what everybody did.

This is the most trivial thing to point out. You wonder why people say you're obsessed...
People say in obsessed because I point out inconvenient truths about your program and it's your only response. Saying that I'm obsessed gives you some kind of temporary high ground since you can't refute the substance of what I said. This has been going on for about 7 years.

dafuq do you care what we thought/hoped happened? I still fully expect this team to have a winning record and play in a bowl game which, assuming they're playing another 7-5ish team, i believe they'll win. Qb and smith aside and despite the loss, that wasn't a terrible showing for a first game, on the road in a tough venue against a solid team. The defense looked good outside of two drives and only gave up 17 points and the receivers looked great. I'm encouraged by what i saw because of that was a game last year this team would've quit after the pick 6 and mailed it in.

That is not what i hope will hailed, that is what i believe will happen. are you happy now, ya twat?

lmfao!

People say in obsessed because I point out inconvenient truths about your program and it's your only response. Saying that I'm obsessed gives you some kind of temporary high ground since you can't refute the substance of what I said. This has been going on for about 7 years.

I not only called you obsessed, but I also refuted the substance of what you said.

There is no need to change the name of this thread as people are in fact making predictions by definition.

I not only called you obsessed, but I also refuted the substance of what you said.

There is no need to change the name of this thread as people are in fact making predictions by definition.
I didn't address that bs earlier, if a prediction is an indication of something you think will happen in the future, why on earth wouldn't that be accurate and objective? The objectivity is what separates a prediction from a wish.

I didn't address that bs earlier, if a prediction is an indication of something you think will happen in the future, why on earth wouldn't that be accurate and objective? The objectivity is what separates a prediction from a wish.

Please read the definition again. Definitions are not BS, they are in fact what the words actually mean. Some people choose to make predictions that come from the head, and others make predictions that come from the heart. Both serve just fine as predictions and fit the definition.

A statement can be both a prediction and a wish at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive. Therefore the thread title is fine. Please lets end this pointless discussion now.

Back