Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Orioles @ Tigers Thread

But we want a 35-5 start Mitch COME ON!!!!!!!!

I would settle for that!

Ha! I remember old what's his name, the Detroit TV sportscaster, Al something or other I think...in '84 the Tigers started out something like 7-0, and he said something "I'm not going to predict an undefeated season, but I'm not gonna predict a loss, either..."

Or something like that.

It appears our line-up was a Jimmy leaving town line-up today.. On paper it looks triple A-ish in a lot of spots.....

Aside from Holiday spelling Avila, it's a probably the standard lineup. Collins should play more often vs. RHP than Davis, the splits don't lie. And Romine vs. Gonzalez at SS is probably a push, Romine is more athletic and a switch hitter, while Gonzalez is a vet, but has not played much recently.

Kind of expected a shitty output offensively today. Can't have your number 6-9 consisting of two rookies, and two single-A players and get a lot of hits.

See above.

Again our only run was generated due to a HR, and not manufacturing runs, does not seem like our offensive philosophy looks all that different from last year through 5 games, aside from trying to take the occasional extra base, which has been about 50/50 in working out.

Verlander was good if not great today. For an April start that's about as much as I would expect out of him. He doesn't usually start going full throttle until May/June (except last year which is when he started to stink lol).

Bats were just cold. It happens. Tillman did a nice job.

Verlander was good if not great today. For an April start that's about as much as I would expect out of him. He doesn't usually start going full throttle until May/June (except last year which is when he started to stink lol).

Bats were just cold. It happens. Tillman did a nice job.

this.

Verlander's fifth-inning strikeout of Steve Lombardozzi in the fifth inning gave him sole possession of fourth place on the Tigers' all-time strikeout list with 1,675 strikeouts, moving him past Tommy Bridges. Verlander is currently ranked 132nd on Major League Baseball's all-time strikeout list.
The only pitchers in franchise history with more strikeouts than Verlander are Mickey Lolich (2,679), Jack Morris (1,980) and Hal Newhouser (1,770).

The Tigers have hit a home run in each of the first five games of the season. It?s the fifth time in franchise history the club has started a season with a home run in each of the first five games and the first since 2009.

verlander's fifth-inning strikeout of steve lombardozzi in the fifth inning gave him sole possession of fourth place on the tigers' all-time strikeout list with 1,675 strikeouts, moving him past tommy bridges. Verlander is currently ranked 132nd on major league baseball's all-time strikeout list.
The only pitchers in franchise history with more strikeouts than verlander are mickey lolich (2,679), jack morris (1,980) and hal newhouser (1,770).

The tigers have hit a home run in each of the first five games of the season. It?s the fifth time in franchise history the club has started a season with a home run in each of the first five games and the first since 2009.

jack :up

Hate to see JV get a loss after pitching a decent game like that, not a big fan of those Sunday B lineups..JV seems to get those often it seems like..Tillman is a good pitcher might be thier #1? And we throw out the B lineup againts thier #1?

Why?

Last edited:
Hate to see JV get a loss after pitching a decent game like that, not a big fan of those Sunday B lineups..JV seems to get those often it seems like..Tillman is a good pitcher might be thier #1? And we throw out the B lineup againts thier #1?

Why?

Thumb made a point earlier, it wasn't really a B lineup. Collins vs rhp is why he's here. Romine was going to get at bats at times this season, and C need a day off now and again. You could argue we need a better bench and I'd be with you but it was more like the 1B lineup instead of 1A.

Last edited:
Back