Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offseason Deals and Rumors

I'd be ok with Kemp on the right trade and if the Dodgers kicked in money. As long as he can stay healthy, he's passable in a corner defensively and can still hit and take a walk. He played 150 games this year and did alright, .287/.346/.506/.852, 140 wRC+.

Last edited:
I'd be ok with Kemp on the right trade and if the Dodgers kicked in money. As long as he can stay healthy, he's passable in a corner defensively and can still hit and take a walk. He played 150 games this year and did alright, .287/.346/.506/.852, 140 wRC+.
Im not sure with Kemp, he did a ton of whining last year in la. This is still a guy that has a huge ego and thinks he is one of the best. They could do without that headache

It's possible he just needs a change of scenery. And frankly, as long as he is healthy, his bat still is one of the best, or at least very good. That wRC+ of 140 was 16th in MLB of qualified hitters, and good for third on the Tigers behind VMart and Miggy (and JDMart, though he didn't have enough PAs to make the qualified list.)

The biggest problem with a trade would be making sure we juggle enough salary around so that we stay under the luxury tax cap. This would probably involve trading a SP and still getting some salary relief from LA.

I'm just throwin stuff at the wall, really. I super don't want cespedes.

Last edited:
Im not sure with Kemp, he did a ton of whining last year in la. This is still a guy that has a huge ego and thinks he is one of the best. They could do without that headache

The whining was a bit understandable. He's a former runner up MVP and was relegated to sharing time because the Dodgers outfield was so loaded.

If Miggy or Vmart, or Kinsler had to share time they would complain too.

Kemp would be great, but $21MM is a bit more than we should spend, so like Spock said, if the Dodgers agree to eat a good portion of his salary, I'm all for it.

We have apparently inquired on Justin Masterson. Wouldn't be a bad reclamation project if he came cheaply enough, though if we were to sign a SP I'd still prefer McCarthy.

Well I do not mind trading with the Marlins as long as we get a ton of return for Price and or Rick or Both.. Like a few bullpen guys and 2-4 prospects that are decent fleece style lol.. What do hey have?

Trade him and Price. We have Verlander and Sanchez, plus that would free them up to sign Scherzer. Build the pen and outfield, starting with Cespedes and a bullpen arm. Deal Price and Avila... Cubs, Marlins, and Mets are deep with prospects.

Trade him and Price. We have Verlander and Sanchez, plus that would free them up to sign Scherzer. Build the pen and outfield, starting with Cespedes and a bullpen arm. Deal Price and Avila... Cubs, Marlins, and Mets are deep with prospects.

The official start of considering blowing my head off from stupid posts.

I take it the top one was a suicide post?

More rumors flying around of a Porcello for Cespedes swap.

*vomits*
I dont believe it one bit, I follow the sox closely since I am originally from that area. Not one word of it had came from out there, sox fans would hate it themselves.

I dont believe it one bit, I follow the sox closely since I am originally from that area. Not one word of it had came from out there, sox fans would hate it themselves.

I realize Sox fans aren't the brightest, but even they should be thrilled to have a top of the rotation pitcher for an overpaid, overhyped, overrated LFer.

Last edited:
I realize Sox fans aren't the brightest, but even they should be thrilled to have a top of the rotation pitcher for an overpaid, overhyped, overrated LFer.
I disagree that Porcello is a top of the rotation pitcher. I still think he is a 3 at best. I do agree with you that cespedes is overrated though. Talks out of Boston are they have been trying hard to ship him to the reds for either Cueto or Leake.

I think Billy Beane just topped DDs Fister deal. That has to be the dumbest deal ive ever seen

I think Billy Beane just topped DDs Fister deal. That has to be the dumbest deal ive ever seen

No. We got absolutely no one for Fister and Fister hands down over Donaldson.

Last edited:
Back