Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 Election: Anyone But ....

TheVictors

Hilary!!! God, ANYBODY BUT Clinton!!!

Trump!!! Dear God, ANYBODY BUT Trump!!!

So now we have it - polarized electorate voting against who they HATE by voting for someone they can't stand just a little bit less.

This, at the early stages now of the final candidates, is what America has lowered itself to.

Clinton vs Trump.

I say we motion for a delay and hold the election in 2017 instead and see if we can't get some candidates more ...worthy of being President, to throw their hat in the ring.

#Boycott2016

Hilary!!! God, ANYBODY BUT Clinton!!!

Trump!!! Dear God, ANYBODY BUT Trump!!!

So now we have it - polarized electorate voting against who they HATE by voting for someone they can't stand just a little bit less.

This, at the early stages now of the final candidates, is what America has lowered itself to.

Clinton vs Trump.

I say we motion for a delay and hold the election in 2017 instead and see if we can't get some candidates more ...worthy of being President, to throw their hat in the ring.

#Boycott2016

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people that really like one or the other. I am not one of those people!

I disagree. Hillary and Trump are two sides of the same tarnished coin. They should be running mates, save that for neither one would ever consent to being the VP.

Agreed byco.

I guess I see those I know voting for Trump just loathe Hilary and some Dems I know sick of the Clintons - like byco's view - will vote for her because Trump is Hitler.

I actually think Billary and Trump are a lot different.

not that either of them is a good candidate.

hey bernie won Indiana (I am still carrying the torch).

I actually think Billary and Trump are a lot different.

not that either of them is a good candidate.

hey bernie won Indiana (I am still carrying the torch).

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16x9_992.jpg

It's just them. That's the reality. The rest of us are at the kiddies' table.

GTY_trump_wedding_clintons_jef_150806_16x9_992.jpg

It's just them. That's the reality. The rest of us are at the kiddies' table.

I get what you're saying, but don't agree that a Trump presidency would be functionally the same as (another?) Billary Clinton presidency.

Although I have to admit I really have no idea what Trump would govern like, though I know how Billary will. Trump seems willing to pander to whatever impulse the mob in front of him is cheering for; Billary will stick to whatever the DC/WallStreet/Pentagon consensus dictates on an issue.

Trump and Hillary are equally undesirable, power hungry egomaniacs. Hillary is without peer when it comes to scandal resumes but Trump is hardly trustworthy or any less selfish. But it's not clear it will come down to those two, not yet anyway. It's still a race between Shillary and the clown from Vermont.

Last edited:
Trump and Hillary are equally undesirable, power hungry egomaniacs. Hillary is without peer when it comes to scandal resumes but Trump is hardly trustworthy or any less selfish. But it's not clear it will come down to those two, not yet anyway. It's still a race between Shillary and the clown from Vermont.

no, it will be Trump vs Clinton and the Bernie voters now (ahem ...) will pull the lever for Clinton once inside the voting booth. I think most folks will do that because when it comes down to it, things are pretty good and especially compared to 2008. Obviously Trump is striking a chord with the whole "make America great again!" but that's not speaking to middle America and most who would say they are better off than 8yrs ago and who will vote for Clinton, the candidate whose policy is most like the status quo.

The thing that strikes me Spartanmack - as someone on Wall Street - is how its either Trump! because "at least he's got balls" ...or "Anybody but Hilary!!" ...or Nothing.

I think the Nothings are quietly going to vote for Clinton but aren't saying so publicly or loudly..

even Barron's has essentially backed her in terms of being the best candidate for the stock market and economy.

no, it will be Trump vs Clinton and the Bernie voters now (ahem ...) will pull the lever for Clinton once inside the voting booth. I think most folks will do that because when it comes down to it, things are pretty good and especially compared to 2008. Obviously Trump is striking a chord with the whole "make America great again!" but that's not speaking to middle America and most who would say they are better off than 8yrs ago and who will vote for Clinton, the candidate whose policy is most like the status quo.

The thing that strikes me Spartanmack - as someone on Wall Street - is how its either Trump! because "at least he's got balls" ...or "Anybody but Hilary!!" ...or Nothing.

I think the Nothings are quietly going to vote for Clinton but aren't saying so publicly or loudly..

even Barron's has essentially backed her in terms of being the best candidate for the stock market and economy.

I don't know what anyone on Wall Street could possibly find objectionable about Billary "a paltry $200K speaking Fee to keep the SEC and CFPB away" Clinton. maybe because... she's tough on drugs?

I don't know what anyone on Wall Street could possibly find objectionable about Billary "a paltry $200K speaking Fee to keep the SEC and CFPB away" Clinton. maybe because... she's tough on drugs?

Well that's my point. Although not supported by the facts, its always presumed that Wall Street does better with Republicans in the White House and in a "normal" election, you'd have a Romney or Bush type that would get the Wall Street vote ...really because of tax policy and the impact taxes have on the HNW -- so selfish interest, not so much Wall Street.

The markets also like clarity and direction and Clinton is the most like the current administration and policy. So right, I have heard nobody in my working world on Wall Street say they will vote for Bernie and have heard more than enough "Feel the Bern" jokes, but it's not often to have so many on Wall Street afraid to vote for the GOP because of the perceived LACK of understanding of the economy and markets.

Wall Street is afraid of Trump's policy, even if some folks like the bombastic rhetoric and bravado.

Well that's my point. Although not supported by the facts, its always presumed that Wall Street does better with Republicans in the White House and in a "normal" election, you'd have a Romney or Bush type that would get the Wall Street vote ...really because of tax policy and the impact taxes have on the HNW -- so selfish interest, not so much Wall Street.

The markets also like clarity and direction and Clinton is the most like the current administration and policy. So right, I have heard nobody in my working world on Wall Street say they will vote for Bernie and have heard more than enough "Feel the Bern" jokes, but it's not often to have so many on Wall Street afraid to vote for the GOP because of the perceived LACK of understanding of the economy and markets.

Wall Street is afraid of Trump's policy, even if some folks like the bombastic rhetoric and bravado.

Or maybe "Wall St" and financial professionals in general aren't the homogeneous, single issue voting block that people think they are. I've worked at big banks, large and small hedge funds and find the mix of libs/conservatives to be pretty close to what you see everywhere. Admittedly, there is little support for Sanders among that crowd but that has more to do with the fact that they are better educated, significantly more financially literate and have a better understanding of how economics work in the real world and therefore know better than to support a fool that wants to implement economic policies that have a widely documented 100% failure rate. So while Shillary may get tons of Goldman Sachs money directly and via Super PACs, I'd bet the GS employee vote is close to inline with that of the general population.

Edit: they're better educated in real world practical disciplines, like economics and finance. I didn't mean to imply that they're necessarily better educated than your typical gender studies PhD, or did I?

Last edited:
If Drumpf manages to beat Shillary in the general, the DNC would look soooo stupid for putting their chips all in from day 1 like they did and ignoring the electorate and it's trends. A lot of liberals are being super cocky about the 'fall of the GOP' but despite his (assumed) loss, Sanders' successes despite all of the DNC's efforts was an extremely loud warning shot that they are far from immune to the same fate.

Back