Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Area 51 Scientist Boyd Bushman Tells All About UFO's and Aliens Before Dying

As much as I'd like to believe aliens are visiting earth, there are just too many factors that don't favor it.

1. We don't know if aliens even exist outside of earth, I tend to believe they do just because of the sheer size of the universe but that's just my opinion

2. If aliens do exist, the universe is extremely massive, even if there are billions of civilizations out there, they would likely be spread out to the point where there might not even be any within a few hundred lightyears...which makes travel more difficult

3. If aliens do exist and are within a reasonable distance, there's no way of knowing if they're even technologically capable of traveling outside their own system (like us)

4. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, and have the technology to travel massive distances, it's unknown whether they would actually find earth (imagine traveling the Pacific on a small sail boat looking for a civilization on a small island, only on a much, much larger scale...you could travel the distance but it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack)

5. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, and have the technology to both travel massive distances and detect life on other planets, would they even be interested in visiting earth?

6. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, have all the technology, and are interested in visiting earth, what are their intentions? If they were hostile or benevolent, we probably would've met them (or have been destroyed/enslaved), if they were just explorers then we might not know (in a Star Trek/Prime Directive type manner I guess)

7. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, have all the technology, and they're simply exploring, I would imagine with that level of technology they wouldn't be so careless as to have been spotted

With all of this considered, I just find it extremely unlikely that UFOs would actually be alien ships. Much like ghosts and other "supernatural phenomenon", UFOs are either mistaken for earthly objects or just optical illusions.

As much as I'd like to believe aliens are visiting earth, there are just too many factors that don't favor it.

1. We don't know if aliens even exist outside of earth, I tend to believe they do just because of the sheer size of the universe but that's just my opinion

2. If aliens do exist, the universe is extremely massive, even if there are billions of civilizations out there, they would likely be spread out to the point where there might not even be any within a few hundred lightyears...which makes travel more difficult

3. If aliens do exist and are within a reasonable distance, there's no way of knowing if they're even technologically capable of traveling outside their own system (like us)

4. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, and have the technology to travel massive distances, it's unknown whether they would actually find earth (imagine traveling the Pacific on a small sail boat looking for a civilization on a small island, only on a much, much larger scale...you could travel the distance but it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack)

5. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, and have the technology to both travel massive distances and detect life on other planets, would they even be interested in visiting earth?

6. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, have all the technology, and are interested in visiting earth, what are their intentions? If they were hostile or benevolent, we probably would've met them (or have been destroyed/enslaved), if they were just explorers then we might not know (in a Star Trek/Prime Directive type manner I guess)

7. If aliens do exist, are reasonably close, have all the technology, and they're simply exploring, I would imagine with that level of technology they wouldn't be so careless as to have been spotted

With all of this considered, I just find it extremely unlikely that UFOs would actually be alien ships. Much like ghosts and other "supernatural phenomenon", UFOs are either mistaken for earthly objects or just optical illusions.

agreed with everything you said. Was going to reply as you did, but you said it better than I could have. Well done.

There are other thoughts to all this centered around a lost forgotten past complete with a Mars connection..careless to be spotted or sending a message that it's time to end the truth embargo or we'll do it for you, visiting or been here already for thousands of years? we have met the aliens and they are us

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2230&category=Environment

Last edited:

2. that's using our rules.....per our rules we can travel faster than light. Whos to say more advanced technology cant "bend" space and time. theres thought that in space you can shorten the distance infront of you and elongate the distance behind you...

4. I think if they are more advanced than us we woukldnt be too difficult to find if they are truly searching....we put out tons of signals which would make us more than just a blip on the radar.

5. if youre 1-4 is true than id think a place like earth ....a habitable rock...would be a prized possession. Especially if their people breath oxygen. Considering weve been looking for a long time and weve yet to find another one like us.....I think were a pretty big deal.

6. can be debated forever. truth is we don't know the nature of those that would be here.....if they were humanlike in nature theyd probably want to destroy us.

7. that's assuming a lot. im assuming if we flew to a foreign planet wed probably get shot out of the sky before we even got into their atmosphere.

2. that's using our rules.....per our rules we can travel faster than light. Whos to say more advanced technology cant "bend" space and time. theres thought that in space you can shorten the distance infront of you and elongate the distance behind you...

We don't know if that's possible, it might be but then we're only speculating. It's impossible to know what's possible beyond our rules, since they're the only rules we know.

4. I think if they are more advanced than us we woukldnt be too difficult to find if they are truly searching....we put out tons of signals which would make us more than just a blip on the radar.

The earliest radio signals we've ever sent out have gone about ~100 light years, which is about 0.1% of the length of the Milky Way. A 100 light year bubble is still quite small, reaching only objects within it. It's possible advanced technology could have some long distance detection, but once again that's pure speculation.

5. if youre 1-4 is true than id think a place like earth ....a habitable rock...would be a prized possession. Especially if their people breath oxygen. Considering weve been looking for a long time and weve yet to find another one like us.....I think were a pretty big deal.

That's a big unknown to me. I won't even pretend to know what habitat an alien species lives in or what resources it would be looking for. I will say that an earth-like habitat is probably more likely, if life evolved here then the chances are higher that life would evolve in a similar environment elsewhere. If my 2nd sentence is true, then that actually decreases the value of earth since it would just be the same as any other habitable planet.

7. that's assuming a lot. im assuming if we flew to a foreign planet wed probably get shot out of the sky before we even got into their atmosphere.

I'll admit it was a reach, I still have Star Trek stuck in my head...where it was the number one goal to avoid detection by primitive races.

Last edited:
By the way, this stuff is really fun to talk about. I like letting my imagination go wondering what's out there and how life could've evolved elsewhere.

Sure beats being a theist who believes humans are the chosen race created by a giant bearded man in the sky 6,000 years ago.

Sure beats being a theist who believes humans are the chosen race created by a giant bearded man in the sky 6,000 years ago.

oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

The bible squad is now going to come and wreak havoc on this thread.

Last edited:
oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

The bible squad is now going to come and wreak havoc on this thread.

With all their facts? Like how it was a fact you can pay now in gold for your soul to be released from purgatory sooner. Cause god loves gold...

By the way, this stuff is really fun to talk about. I like letting my imagination go wondering what's out there and how life could've evolved elsewhere.

Absolutely. I forget what the show was titled, but a few years back one of the "science" channels aired a series about that. They explored how lifeforms may have evolved in different environments on alien worlds. The most fascinating was a world with "whales" that floated through the sky.

Maybe you guys are just trolling... yeah, I'll choose to believe that your aren't such imbeciles as to actually believe your statements about Theism accurately reflect what most modern Theists really believe. I mean, you can't possibly be that dumb, right?

Last edited:
Absolutely. I forget what the show was titled, but a few years back one of the "science" channels aired a series about that. They explored how lifeforms may have evolved in different environments on alien worlds. The most fascinating was a world with "whales" that floated through the sky.

Yeah I saw that show... can't remember what it was called either. Imagination is a pretty wild thing.

The whole UFO thing is such a strange topic. There are so many seemingly credible people saying they saw things that defy explanation... but there isn't really any physical evidence or authentic video that could act as that smoking gun that convinces people.

I'm skeptical, but admit that some really weird stuff has been observed and/or experienced by seemingly intelligent people with nothing but ridicule to gain from it.

Maybe you guys are just trolling... yeah, I'll choose to believe that your aren't such imbeciles as to actually believe your statements about Theism accurately reflect what most modern Theists really believe. I mean, you can't possibly be that dumb, right?

That's a huge pot/kettle argument there.

I honestly have no idea what most Theists believe, since they always seem to have their cake and eat it too. The bible [or the Torah/Talmud; Qur'an] says one thing, and that's the basis of your religion, but then says other things and then they say, "well don't take it literally". Grandy mentioned 2 things central in all abrahamic religions; that god created man (and woman from his rib), and the universe took 6 days to create, about 6000 years ago.

And don't get me started on what an oxymoron the term "modern theists" is.

I liked wonders of the universe...I think it was on bbc. Same guy did wonders of the solar system. Both of those series were well done...

that was a couple hundred years ago....churches took money from people so your soul when you die would leave purgatory lol. is a couple hundred years not modern enough for you?...we are talking about traveling to different galaxies here so I figured a couple hundred years is just like yesterday. The pope is the head of the church and he can talk to god. god and the pope didn't stop it so youre left to wonder that he must have been in on the whole thing. God is therefor corrupt....he should be tried and killed for that.....

but he cant take the stand...cause ya know....he or his kid hasn't shown up

Last edited:
Man it would be so sweet if the flyby of Pluto by the probe New Horizon's would snap some pictures of ancient structures... Just like Monster said it would throw organized religion on its heals!!!!!!!!

I heard they found strange objects in Uranus.

*ba da bum tsss*

I honestly have no idea what most Theists believe...

Then I would ask you to please shut your trap about what we believe. I do apologize, though... I should have said "ignorant" instead of "stupid".

... Grandy mentioned 2 things central in all abrahamic religions; that 1) god created man (and woman from his rib), and 2) the universe took 6 days to create, 3) about 6000 years ago.

1) close enough
2) yes, but there is no consensus on that... many scholars think that Genesis 1 is epic poetry, and thus should not be taken literally. Others think there is a major time gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, and the rest of Genesis 1 records the "recreation" of our local system. There are other views... I'm not sure if there even is a majority view currently.
3) pure speculation that assumes there are no historical gaps in the Biblical record; the view became popular in the middle ages and somehow lingers in some circles. The majority of Christians and Jews do not hold this belief... not sure about most Muslims.

And don't get me started on what an oxymoron the term "modern theists" is.

Since you plainly said you have no idea what most Theist's believe, I suggest that you don't get started... most of what you say will only further reveal your ignorance of both what we believe and, more importantly, the texts upon which we base those beliefs. Much of what one sees in popular media and the internet represents small groups with big mouths, not the majority of Christians, and certainly not most Bible scholars.

And I don't suggest Christian debunking and pro-atheist sites... they generally stand up and then tear apart straw men that relatively few Theists actually believe. If I wanted to learn what atheists generally believe, would you want me to learn that from what Theists say? Or maybe I should go to some fringe alien conspiracy site?

You get the idea.

that was a couple hundred years ago....churches took money from people so your soul when you die would leave purgatory lol. is a couple hundred years not modern enough for you?...we are talking about traveling to different galaxies here so I figured a couple hundred years is just like yesterday. The pope is the head of the church and he can talk to god. god and the pope didn't stop it so youre left to wonder that he must have been in on the whole thing. God is therefor corrupt....he should be tried and killed for that.....

but he cant take the stand...cause ya know....he or his kid hasn't shown up

Yeah... there was this thing, about 500 years ago, called the reformation. You might have heard of it? Anyways, the major issue that this guy Martin Luther brought up was how unbiblical the idea of purgatory and indulgences was.

Middle Ages Roman Catholicism was brought about when the Roman Empire crumbled, leaving a power vacuum that some ambitious church leaders filled (some for good reasons, others for more money/power). As literacy decreased, the majority of people, even most priests, had no idea what the Bible said, and church doctrine eventually became based upon controlling people and other political necessities rather than on a sound scriptural basis. It worked well at keeping the population under the thumb of their rulers, the rulers under the thumb of the Pope/bishops, and making both the rulers and the Pope/bishops insanely rich at the expense of the rest of the people. Thus more and more church leadership positions were filled by men seeking power and money, not the welfare of the people. While doctrine of this time period usually had at least some kind of connection (however contrived and twisted) to the Bible, in many cases it directly contradicted what the Bible said or filled in areas where the Bible was silent with doctrine that violated the spirit of what it said.

Then a wonderful thing happened. Some guy invented a way to print many copies of texts, and within a few decades people who could read Latin or Greek had their own copy of the Bible to study for themselves. Soon, translations into the common languages of the people began to circulate. Priests, rulers, and literate peasants all over the continent discovered how far the church had departed from it's roots, and revolution inevitably followed. Maybe if you had taken the time to actually read and understand the New Testament, the falsity of those doctrines you mentioned would have been evident to you.

Currently some, but not all, Roman Catholics think the Pope speaks for God in certain situations (this only became official dogma in the 1800's btw), but every other Christian denomination does not believe that.

Funny how people tend to blame God for the evil other people do, but then deny God's involvement in their own actions. God gave man a free will, and for the most part He does not do things that take that away from us. Eventually the evil of mankind's selfishness will reach its culmination, and then God will bring an end to it. Feel free to attempt to take Him to court at that time...

I will hijack this thread no further...

Last edited:
Back