Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Area 51 Scientist Boyd Bushman Tells All About UFO's and Aliens Before Dying

Yeah... there was this thing, about 500 years ago, called the reformation. You might have heard of it? Anyways, the major issue that this guy Martin Luther brought up was how unbiblical the idea of purgatory and indulgences was.

Middle Ages Roman Catholicism was brought about when the Roman Empire crumbled, leaving a power vacuum that some ambitious church leaders filled (some for good reasons, others for more money/power). As literacy decreased, the majority of people, even most priests, had no idea what the Bible said, and church doctrine eventually became based upon controlling people and other political necessities rather than on a sound scriptural basis. It worked well at keeping the population under the thumb of their rulers, the rulers under the thumb of the Pope/bishops, and making both the rulers and the Pope/bishops insanely rich at the expense of the rest of the people. Thus more and more church leadership positions were filled by men seeking power and money, not the welfare of the people. While doctrine of this time period usually had at least some kind of connection (however contrived and twisted) to the Bible, in many cases it directly contradicted what the Bible said or filled in areas where the Bible was silent with doctrine that violated the spirit of what it said.

Then a wonderful thing happened. Some guy invented a way to print many copies of texts, and within a few decades people who could read Latin or Greek had their own copy of the Bible to study for themselves. Soon, translations into the common languages of the people began to circulate. Priests, rulers, and literate peasants all over the continent discovered how far the church had departed from it's roots, and revolution inevitably followed. Maybe if you had taken the time to actually read and understand the New Testament, the falsity of those doctrines you mentioned would have been evident to you.

Currently some, but not all, Roman Catholics think the Pope speaks for God in certain situations (this only became official dogma in the 1800's btw), but every other Christian denomination does not believe that.

Funny how people tend to blame God for the evil other people do, but then deny God's involvement in their own actions. God gave man a free will, and for the most part He does not do things that take that away from us. Eventually the evil of mankind's selfishness will reach its culmination, and then God will bring an end to it. Feel free to attempt to take Him to court at that time...

I will hijack this thread no further...

did he not create man inherently evil? Is that not human nature? Is "bringing an end to it" not evil? Or just what we deserve?....cause that sounds like something a human would say.

I'd love to see actual proof of alien lifeforms on Earth. The discovery would completely rewrite history, destroy almost all organized religion as we know it

That might not play out the way you'd think. Last couple of Popes have been pro-alien.

did he not create man inherently evil? Is that not human nature? Is "bringing an end to it" not evil? Or just what we deserve?....cause that sounds like something a human would say.

In the movie Noah, Noah thought God (Noah referred to him as the Creator) caused the flood to end humanity, but that hot little Harry Potter chick told Noah, no, the Creator gave you the choice to end humanity, or keep it going after all the sick fucks got drown, and shit...

Last edited:
You mean aliens like Jesus, one of the guys that does landscaping at my condo?

As long as they're compatible with water so you can baptize 'em, I think we're good. Those M. Night aliens would be a problem.

We would have to develop new holidays that incorporate their holidays...but we have practice with that sort of thing.

Last edited:
In the movie Noah, Noah thought God (Noah referred to him as the Creator) caused the flood to end humanity, but that hot little Harry Potter chick told Noah, no, the Creator gave you the choice to end humanity, or keep it going after all the sick fucks got drown, and shit...

Unless in that movie the Noah guy stood on top of the boat while all the peeps were drowning and dying and screamed "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED" that movie totally failed.

Unless in that movie the Noah guy stood on top of the boat while all the peeps were drowning and dying and screamed "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED" that movie totally failed.

I liked the movie, it had really cool special effects.

Catastrophes of biblical proportion make for pretty good movies, just like in the 10 Commandments.

Well, the parting and then falling in of the sea was a catastrophe for the Pharoah and his troops anyway.

Yeah, I could never wrap my head around the whole parting of the Red Sea bit. I mean even if Moses (or god) parted it, how could you escape across it? Wouldn't you get bogged down in muck, wet sand and kelp?

I mean the idea really only works of the Red Sea was a giant concrete swimming pool that got parted. And then they could have skateboarded in it too.

Maybe that's why I can't believe in god, I just can't shut my brain off enough to the logical conclusions.

I don't know, but in the movie, whatever they were walking on looked dry as a bone.

Yeah, I could never wrap my head around the whole parting of the Red Sea bit. I mean even if Moses (or god) parted it, how could you escape across it? Wouldn't you get bogged down in muck, wet sand and kelp?

I mean the idea really only works of the Red Sea was a giant concrete swimming pool that got parted. And then they could have skateboarded in it too.

Maybe that's why I can't believe in god, I just can't shut my brain off enough to the logical conclusions.

that's the part you cant wrap your head around? what about the part where he has a fucking boat big enough to house 2 of every species? lol. And if that was even possible...Did god command him to execute an entire forrest just to build a stupid boat that big? Way to go god.....way to ruin the environment. Imagine all the species that were eliminated in that forrest when their food chain was destroyed. God....the species destroyer.

Last edited:
that's the part you cant wrap your head around? what about the part where he has a fucking boat big enough to house 2 of every species? lol. And if that was even possible...Did god command him to execute an entire forrest just to build a stupid boat that big? Way to go god.....way to ruin the environment. Imagine all the species that were eliminated in that forrest when their food chain was destroyed. God....the species destroyer.

I must have missed that part in the movie The Ten Commandments.

:tup:

I must have missed that part in the movie The Ten Commandments.

:tup:

or the part where he built the boat when he was like 500 years old. fucking god....only god would make a 500 year old build a boat that big. Hasn't god ever heard of retirement? build your own fucking boat, god!

Back