Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Buyers or sellers?

Understand though that 1968 and other Freehan years it was a pitchers era. Mounds were even higher.. Not so easy to compare. Just based on offensive stats.

I'm not trying to make a story, just inquisitive.

Obviously Lucroy would be a valuable pickup, but I still think we need the help at starting pitcher more than catcher, and, if we are going to buy, any trade we make with the limited assets we have needs to be directed there.

Sanchez is done as a top 3 starter, and we need to accept that fact and find a replacement for him.

Last edited:
Obviously Lucroy would be a valuable pickup, but I still think we need the help at starting pitcher more than catcher, and, if we are going to buy, any trade we make with the limited assets we have needs to be directed there.

Sanchez is done as a top 3 starter, and we need to accept that fact and find a replacement for him.

We have, Fulmer.

A huge upgrade at catcher will help this team more than any pitcher that they can get.

What they really need is for Zimmerman to come back and pitch like he did for the first 2 months of the season and for JD to come back and hit like he did last year.

A huge upgrade at catcher will help this team more than any pitcher that they can get.

What they really need is for Zimmerman to come back and pitch like he did for the first 2 months of the season and for JD to come back and hit like he did last year.

JD was hitting like JD did last year before he got hurt... 12 hr 39 rbi 289 ba 358 OBP in 250 AB's? I'll take that all day everyday... Should have no problem when he returns

JD was hitting like JD did last year before he got hurt... 12 hr 39 rbi 289 ba 358 OBP in 250 AB's? I'll take that all day everyday... Should have no problem when he returns

I was reading an article that KC put in the Tiger notes thread about his return. JD even said it was going to be tough getting back to where he was because he wasn't able to swing a bat for so long.

Are there any SP's of any consequence even on the block? I haven't heard any rumors...

Are there any SP's of any consequence even on the block? I haven't heard any rumors...

Shields, Pomeranz and Cashner were already dealt. I suppose it depends on "any consequence".

Sabathia ??

Kennedy ??

Chris Sale is supposedly on the block.

This issue is, aside from a Chris Sale or Jonathan Lucroy, there are no difference makers. We would just being doing a Jarrod Washburn 2.0 or a Aubrey Huff 2.0. And then even if you went after a Sale or Lucroy, you would have to be willing to part with whatever valuable prospects we have left (i.e. Stewart or Alexander).

I don't see the point of dealing for a starter, I don't see any on the block that we could get that would make an impact. With Zimmerman and Norris coming back, we can demote Pelfrey and Sanchez and get a huge upgrade. Also, not playing Mike Aviles regularly is a gigantic roster upgrade, he plays a power position and hits worse than a replacement player.

Stand pat, you can still make a run this year and preserve your prospects.

Also, the level of player that we'd be looking at will likely be available after the deadline. We could watch this team for two more weeks as we play lesser opponents and then determine if we need anyone

Also, the level of player that we'd be looking at will likely be available after the deadline. We could watch this team for two more weeks as we play lesser opponents and then determine if we need anyone

I will acknowledge the pickings seem awful slim.

I'm against (almost) any offer including Fulmer, Boyd, or Norris.

I'm against (almost) any offer including Fulmer, Boyd, or Norris.

Fulmer is virtually untouchable.

Boyd is 25. So he might just be what we see.

I have no faith Norris will be an OK MLB starter. Now, if they turned him into a reliever, then I would keep him.

Fulmer is virtually untouchable.

Boyd is 25. So he might just be what we see.

I have no faith Norris will be an OK MLB starter. Now, if they turned him into a reliever, then I would keep him.

I actually agree with you and I think that's what will happen, hopefully sooner rather than later considering the bullpen woes this team has had.

Looks like the Indians are loading up big. Reported to get both Andrew Miller and Lucroy.

They will be tough to catch. I still remember all too vividly how well Miller handled the Tigers in the playoffs a few years ago.

Looks like the Indians are loading up big. Reported to get both Andrew Miller and Lucroy.

They will be tough to catch. I still remember all too vividly how well Miller handled the Tigers in the playoffs a few years ago.

I'm hearing that Lucroy won't waive his no trade to Cleveland

I'm hearing that Lucroy won't waive his no trade to Cleveland

Just saw that news hit the wires. Could still be that he's trying to get the Indians to juice his option year salary in 2017, or extend his contract.

Back