Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Designate Robertson is now DetroitTigerSnark Blog

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am still pissed about the WS...Glad he is writing again he is pretty funny sometimes.. Sorry i booed...

Last edited:

Too funny..BUT the Tigers brass in reality did tender a contract to Brennan, so they obviously expect to obtain more than a crippled Single-A prospect for him in a trade.

Looks like Rogo is quickly making up for his sudden departure from and unexpected farewell on the late DesigNate Roberson blog late last season and is posting more frequently on his new TigerSnark blog. I figure that Sheffield will be featured in at least a few more blog-tales before Rogo gets through with his character, given the relative dearth of (or who are now ex-Tigers) players that Rogo has gleefully lampooned in the past. All he still has left (for now) on the ballclub with a distaste for is Boesch? But maybe Bonderman, Inge, and Kelly might even return as minor league invitees...who knows??

My five least favorite starting Tiger pitchers:

5. Les Cain. Was 9-2 at one point in the 1969 season and finished with a career 23-19 W/L.
4. Ray Bare. Absolutely awful from all perspectives. Actually started opening day once.
3. Brad Penny. Was there a pitcher in Tigers' history who looked as laconic on the mound?
2. Brian Williams. Remember him? Better you don't. Went onto become a TV News Anchor.
1. Dave Rozema. Yes. The guy with all the talent and none of the brains.

Five favorite starters.
5. Hank Aguirre. Led the league in ERA in 1962. And never took for granted his good fortune.
4. Jack Morris. I think his mental toughness exceeds Verlander's.
3. Joe Coleman. Had several great seasons as a Tiger.
2. Mickey Lolich.
1. Verlander.

I think that the questions were written by Tigers' PR and sanitized of all edginess.

My most disliked Tigers SPs (from Rogo's blog)

1)Dan Schatzeder: When the Tigers traded fan favorite Ron LeFlore for him in '80, I was shocked and angry, since I had never heard of this "Shitseater" guy, and thought that LeFlore should have brought the Tigers at least an All-Star type SP or at least a #2 starter who was as well known as Ron was. Dan sucked and he didn't last even 2 complete seasons before he was traded to the SF Giants for none other than Larry Herndon who later became one of the Tigers' '84 WS championship team, so the trade ended up to be very beneficial, just not immediately.

2) Jim Slaton: Another fan favorite in Ben Oglivie was dealt away for what turned out to be only one good season ('78) of Slaton as a Tiger. He became a FA the next off-season and then resigned with the Brewers. Oglivie went on to become one of the ex-Tiger and Brewers' manager Kuenn's "Harvey's Wallbangers", and who played in the '82 World Series.

3) Dontrelle Willis: No explanation should be necessary. Tigers in hindsight obviously should have waited until the '08 mid-season before signing him to that ridiculous $$29MM utter waste of an extension. If I was Tigers' manager I would have used the D-Train as a PHer for SPs when on the road in an inter-league contest, if not also Inge late in games when Brandon was in one of his many batting slumps.

4) Nate Robertson: Nate was great..that is..until after "Gumtime" signed that $$21.25 MM extension in the 07-08 off-season, and rewarded the Tigers for their generosity by mostly sucking on the mound for the next two seasons, while giving up a MLB leading 119 earned runs in '08, then the Tigers gave up on Robertson and traded him to the Marlins prior to the '10 season, with whom he started his MLB career, and Nate of course sucked for them as well.

5) Dave Rozema: How truly stupid can anyone, especially a GUY be to wash their brand new car with Brillo pads..LMFAO!! Oh, and...Karate Kid, he wasn't. Shoved a bar glass in Trammell's face and he needed 47 stitches...near one of his eyes...imagine if Dave had put Alan's eyeball out? The 6' 5" Rozema also understandably turtled on the mound after hitting the 6' 7" also Dave (Winfield) with a pitch, in a televised game that I watched in April of '83, and Winfield slammed his bat on the dirt and charged @ Rozema, giving him a beating until the other players on the Tigers and Yankees managed to pull Winfield off of him. "Rosey" stayed in the game, and Winfield was ejected.

Last edited:
http://www.detroittigersnark.blogspot.com/2013/02/enough-with-win-stat-please.html
Enough with the "Win" Stat, Please.
from Scott Rogo at TigerSnark

Those of you that have read my ranting and raving over the past few years know that there?s two guys that cover Detroit baseball that get under my skin more than anyone: Bill Simonson and Jerry Green.

Per the norm with Green, he had me at the beginning, for the most part. But halfway through, the train goes flying off the tracks. Happens every time.

Jerry goes off on quite a long Grandpa Simpson rant about 19 dickety 12 and The Kaiser or some nonsense here that you can go read at the News site if you wish. I?d like to skip to the part of this article that annoyed me into writing this post, if you don?t mind.

F'n Hilarious/Awesome.

We managed to get rid of raburn and inge, Kelly is like a cockroach that just keeps on coming back.

Back