Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers 2015-2016 offseason calendar

Another option at Catcher is Jason Castro, he is very likely to be dealt this off season.

He is in his last year of arbitration I believe and probably around 5M. He is basically another Avila though

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/detro...-in-alex-gordon-daniel-murphy-this-offseason/
Detroit Tigers Could Be Interested in Alex Gordon, Daniel Murphy This Offseason.
Tigers101

I would take either one in a heartbeat, except I fear Gordon will be too expensive. I would certainly take Gordon or Heyward over Cespedes. Heck, I would take Chris Denorfia as a cheap upgrade.

OF UZR/150 last two seasons (1000 Innings minimum, 108 qualify)

3. J. Heyward 22.1
8. A. Gordon 18.0
15. C. Denorfia 13.5
16. Y. Cespedes 13.4

3B UZR/150 last two seasons (450 Innings minimum, 50 qualify)

1. Hernan Perez 14.9
29. Daniel Murphy -2.4
49. Nick Castellanos -15.3

Those 12.9 runs difference between Murphy and Castellanos equates to 2.6 Wins. And that is just for the defensive improvement. Add the offense, and you have probably 10 wins or more difference between Murphy and Castellanos.

I would take either one in a heartbeat, except I fear Gordon will be too expensive. I would certainly take Gordon or Heyward over Cespedes. Heck, I would take Chris Denorfia as a cheap upgrade.

OF UZR/150 last two seasons (1000 Innings minimum, 108 qualify)

3. J. Heyward 22.1
8. A. Gordon 18.0
15. C. Denorfia 13.5
16. Y. Cespedes 13.4

3B UZR/150 last two seasons (450 Innings minimum, 50 qualify)

1. Hernan Perez 14.9
29. Daniel Murphy -2.4
49. Nick Castellanos -15.3

Those 12.9 runs difference between Murphy and Castellanos equates to 2.6 Wins. And that is just for the defensive improvement. Add the offense, and you have probably 10 wins or more difference between Murphy and Castellanos.

I don't think Mets fans thing Murphy is better than Nick in the field! He might have had the worst WS performance ever! I actually feel bad for him.

I don't think Mets fans thing Murphy is better than Nick in the field! He might have had the worst WS performance ever! I actually feel bad for him.

And Cespedes sucked as well during the World Series.

A player should never, ever be evaluated on a small sample rate, especially the playoffs.

Bucky Dent was a mediocre SS that was a World Series MVP. One playoff series or season should never define a player nor be part of his description.

And Cespedes sucked as well during the World Series.

A player should never, ever be evaluated on a small sample rate, especially the playoffs.

Bucky Dent was a mediocre SS that was a World Series MVP. One playoff series or season should never define a player nor be part of his description.

I know...it was a joke

Back