Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers 2015-2016 offseason calendar

that was a good read. Not sure I like the pitching....looks like a .500 team to me.

Adding Zobrist, Jaso and C. Young would immediately improve this team by 10 wins without looking at the pitching (assuming these players replace any combination of Gose/Castellanos/McCann/R. Davis for a large degree of games).

The pitchers suggested aren't world beaters and I personally wouldn't spend a dime on a reliever. But Tyler Ross + Latos/Fister are enough to fill in the starter gaps nicely.

All in all, if you don't spend on relievers, it allows to move forward without spend a great degree of money, except for maybe Zobrist. But I have liked Zobrist to be a Tiger for at least 5 years now.

Adding Zobrist, Jaso and C. Young would immediately improve this team by 10 wins without looking at the pitching (assuming these players replace any combination of Gose/Castellanos/McCann/R. Davis for a large degree of games).

The pitchers suggested aren't world beaters and I personally wouldn't spend a dime on a reliever. But Tyler Ross + Latos/Fister are enough to fill in the starter gaps nicely.

All in all, if you don't spend on relievers, it allows to move forward without spend a great degree of money, except for maybe Zobrist. But I have liked Zobrist to be a Tiger for at least 5 years now.

the only problem is they are only replacing Gose/Davis

Last edited:
Last edited:
They need to trade someone. If not Kinsler, Dixon Machado who is already 23.

Tigers are or maybe thinking they need to get younger, so if in fact that be the case, trading Kinsler would net them 9/10 years and Machado could possibly go to second at the league minimum, compared to Kinsler's 16/17 $$M salary. That's what I got out of the story.

Back