Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dirks out 12

I submit that anyone recommending that Delmon Young would be a favorable addition to the Tigers IS Delmon Young using an alias. No other explanation.

Now now Fellas lets all get along. KC hates it when posters go after each other. Out of respect for him just let it go.

You both have your opinion and neither is gonna change his mind. Just my 2 cents

Thanks Abe.

The thing is, when guys argue, it can escalate. Then the argument Does or usually will turn to some form of sarcasm, baiting, trolling, and it takes off from there. Later, when a poster sees the poster(s) who upset him/them, they will tend to just get pissed seeing that poster post.
I disagree with some opinions on a player or the mgmt. from posters at times, usually I just leave their post alone, sometimes I state my thoughts and position on something, but will leave it right there.
We can't change people from thinking what they do about a player or whatever, even in real life... our personal lives.
But, yeah it's when someone just goes out of their way to be assholish, and continuing with nothing but BS...well, I don't want to be harsh with anyone, rarely, I have, most of the time I say 'to just settle down'.
and honestly, I wasn't always like this, years ago, I could be the asshole to just pour gasoline on a fire. Getting older hasn't made me that much smarter, but probably a bit wiser and not in a hurry to be a 'bull in a china shop'.
All we need is a Tiger's World Series Championship or a Lion's Super Bowl Win and everyone will be internet hugging and high-fiving.

Well not a fan of just staying inside the organization to replace Dirks. I would at least get Juan Pierre into camp and see if he has anything left. I wonder if NY would part with Ichiro though, he is burried on thier depth chart.

Well not a fan of just staying inside the organization to replace Dirks. I would at least get Juan Pierre into camp and see if he has anything left. I wonder if NY would part with Ichiro though, he is burried on thier depth chart.

Neither of those would be options I would cherish, but I certainly would take Pierre. No way I want Ichiro.

Last 3 years Away

Pierre (36) .340 OBP .351 SLG .691 OPS

Suzuki (40) .298 OBP .340 SLG .638 OPS

I`ve read a couple places that De Aza may be availible as well. Only question is at what price? He looks like he could be the odd man out in Chicago

Anyone other then don freaking kelly....

Please dd do not do that to us!!!!!!

Word is either Ezequiel Carrera or Trevor Crowe makes the team as the other OFer.

They want Lombardozzi as their middle infield backup and not rely on any of the young guys.

I doubt Crowe makes it, since he's a righty and Carrera has had better big league success. I like Carrera's speed. He's also shown a little bit better of an eye than Crowe.. even though they both have limited experience in the bigs. It's a shitty situation. Why not Tyler Collins? He's got some power. Andy Dirks wasn't and still isn't a very good player.. why not allow a youngster to prove himself for two months. If one does well, then Dirks becomes expendable.

Like spockmaster posted, the Tigers are comparable to an old Hollywood Western movie set, with just a facade and little of anything except scrubs behind it & holding it all up. With Mr I ailing and aging, who hasn't made any public appearances for the Tigers since the '12 ALCS, the Tigers brass may now have a mandate from ownership not to spend $$$ on pricey acquisitions or FAs. Not that they have much left to bargain with anyway, since any decent trade piece(s)would likely create another hole somewhere now or in the near future.

I doubt Crowe makes it, since he's a righty and Carrera has had better big league success. I like Carrera's speed. He's also shown a little bit better of an eye than Crowe.. even though they both have limited experience in the bigs. It's a shitty situation. Why not Tyler Collins? He's got some power. Andy Dirks wasn't and still isn't a very good player.. why not allow a youngster to prove himself for two months. If one does well, then Dirks becomes expendable.

Crowe is a switch hitter.

17 different users have created a new topic in the last month, and that doesn't include Thumb, Spock, Mitch, Turok, Byco, Stonecold, Thundercats, gotime, tigermud, sbee, etc, etc..(sorry if I missed someone). 25+ posters at the beginning of Spring Training isn't all that bad.

My bad..this might be construed as stats, and that must be prohibitive.

17 different users have created a new topic in the last month, and that doesn't include Thumb, Spock, Mitch, Turok, Byco, Stonecold, Thundercats, gotime, tigermud, sbee, etc, etc..(sorry if I missed someone). 25+ posters at the beginning of Spring Training isn't all that bad.

My bad..this might be construed as stats, and that must be prohibitive.

8th on your list. Oh shit, I'm in your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO1UKbaA5W0

Andy Dirks on track, resumes light baseball activities.
DETROIT -- According to manager Brad Ausmus, outfielder Andy Dirks has started "the very beginnings of baseball activities."

Dirks is on the 60-day disabled list, recovering from microdisectomy surgery on his back. Ausmus said the average time for a return from the surgery is about three months, which would have Dirks back in action sometime in June. He appears to be on track.

"I texted him the other day," Ausmus said. "He threw the other day for the first time, and he can take dry swings -- just swing a bat easy. So that's where he's at."
from the Tigers official site

All things considered, that's pretty good news. Assuming he shows some flashes of 2012 Dirks when he returns.

Back