Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dirks out 12

Damn pinning our hopes on Andy Dirks to save the day... Nice roster DD :/

Dirks slowed in rehab from back surgery.Tigers outfielder Andy Dirks has had to back off a little bit from his baseball activities recently, as he works to return from March back surgery because he's felt some discomfort.

"I don't know if I'd call it a setback, he just had some discomfort," Ausmus said. "It's not like he stopped doing stuff, he just eased off. He still ran the bases he just ran them lighter. He still threw, he just threw lighter."

Dirks slowed in rehab from back surgery.Tigers outfielder Andy Dirks has had to back off a little bit from his baseball activities recently, as he works to return from March back surgery because he's felt some discomfort.

"I don't know if I'd call it a setback, he just had some discomfort," Ausmus said. "It's not like he stopped doing stuff, he just eased off. He still ran the bases he just ran them lighter. He still threw, he just threw lighter."

Not sure if this qualifies as a legitimate reason for what is about to follow, but here goes the first one of the 2014 season.....

.......Fucking Dirks.

Dirks had been slowed by hamstring tightness. Seems "soreness' would be more accurate.

If he can hit, I sure hope he can play CF.

I'm about done with Ajax.

What is the latest on Hanrahan? I didn't expect him before the AS break, but I starting to wonder if he will be available before August.

What is the latest on Hanrahan? I didn't expect him before the AS break, but I starting to wonder if he will be available before August.

Was actually just reading that he threw a 25 pitch bullpen session Saturday in Lakeland. Still not facing live hitters. I'm guessing that's the next step.

Last edited:
Dirks has been recalled from the rehab assignment but will stay on the DL. Could be a setback, could be moving him to AAA after the AAA ASG is done. Not much word from the team.

Last edited:
Dirks has been recalled from the rehab assignment but will stay on the DL. Could be a setback, could be moving him to AAA after the AAA ASG is done. Not much word from the team.

Don Kelly may have gotten a 2nd(or 9th) life.

Word on Andy Dirks is "low back muscular inflammation from increased activity."

Per Chris Iott

Dirks' rehab stopped because of low-back muscular inflammation from increased activity, club says.

Back