Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ditka complements Stafford, degrades Cutler

Dude, you said 16-0. Expectations change. 11-5 is nice. Win a playoff game.

Last edited:
Let's see... the guys who predicted 8 wins were only three wins off.

The ONE guy who kept saying 16-0 was five wins off.

I'd say this team was closer to mediocre than perfect, and basic math would agree with me.

Let's see... the guys who predicted 8 wins were only three wins off.

The ONE guy who kept saying 16-0 was five wins off.

I'd say this team was closer to mediocre than perfect, and basic math would agree with me.

he also predicted a Super Bowl for the Lions.

he also predicted a Super Bowl for the Lions.

Yeah, but on that note, I have to forgive him by the same logic.

It's very rare when the #1 and #1 teams in each conference meet up in the SuperBowl. Granted, it's happened two years in a row, but it's still rare. Less than 15% of the time.

So in my opinion, the SuperBowl is usually played and won by the hottest team headed into the playoffs. It's all about momentum and a few lucky breaks.

In my opinion, any team that made the playoffs, even by sheer luck, was pretty close to a SuperBowl.

Besides, any time my wife asks me who I think will win the SuperBowl, my answer is the Lions. Sunday morning she will ask me, and I will still say the Lions. I do it without fail every time. Drives her nuts too.

Dude, you said 16-0. Expectations change. 11-5 is nice. Win a playoff game.

I never said 16-0. 11-5. And we truly won a playoff game as far as I'm concerned. I was right. Especially compared to the 7-8 win chumps.

They won? Why didn't they play the following week against GB? Scheduling conflict??

Last edited:
They won? Why didn't they play the following week against GB? Scheduling conflict??

Would've been at Seattle the next week. But yeah, they won, the scoreboard was just wrong.

My fault, Seattle. Yeah that makes sense. Does scoreboard account for "true?"

The Lions are true super bowl champions, game results don't matter.

My fault, Seattle. Yeah that makes sense. Does scoreboard account for "true?"

According to LKP they own Seattle, have a better roster and are the better team. He will cite the head to head matchup on 10/28/2012 as evidence.

According to LKP they own Seattle, have a better roster and are the better team. He will cite the head to head matchup on 10/28/2012 as evidence.

That was my sig for a while. Opted for the shorter, more hilarious version later.

Lions have the best run defense in the league. Only thing Seattle can do offensively is run. We'd match up well.

Offensively it would be who wins Calvin/Sherman and Tate/Maxwell. We'll find out next year when we go to Seattle.

I'd like Seattle to win the Super Bowl and Detroit at Seattle to be the Week 1 matchup on that Thursday. Seattle also hosts Chicago, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Zona and San Fran. If they don't go divisional, Detroit has the best shot for that game.

Lions have the best run defense in the league. Only thing Seattle can do offensively is run. We'd match up well.

Offensively it would be who wins Calvin/Sherman and Tate/Maxwell. We'll find out next year when we go to Seattle.

I'd like Seattle to win the Super Bowl and Detroit at Seattle to be the Week 1 matchup on that Thursday. Seattle also hosts Chicago, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Zona and San Fran. If they don't go divisional, Detroit has the best shot for that game.

Seattle has the best pass defense in the league and the 3rd rated run defense in the league. With the Lions offense the way it was vs. good defenses this season...they would be lucky to score 13 points on Seattle.

24-9 Seahawks.

Seattle has the best pass defense in the league and the 3rd rated run defense in the league. With the Lions offense the way it was vs. good defenses this season...they would be lucky to score 13 points on Seattle.

24-9 Seahawks.

Lions have a good enough pass offense to beat Seattle. It would come down to those matchups. I like Calvin and Golden's chances.

We would stuff their run game.

Titus Young beat up on Sherman last time we played them...so

Then, while leaving the nfl network studios, Ditka complimented a mop, calling the mop "toots" and offering to show it his quote, uncut cigar, end quote.

Who would you rather have on defense, Cassius Vaughn or a mop?

Booger has got a point. Is this like a regular old mop or one of those fancy push button Swiffer wet jets? Cause I guarantee that one has more functionality.

Back