Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dombrowski fired, Dumb Ass Al Avila Fired Now DD back to World Series

For all of the Al Avila hate here, I found this interesting. I was looking at the offensive offensive stats for the season and sorted by OPS. The top 4 are all guys that Al added as free agents.

Haase .985
Baddoo .853
Schoop .738
Grossman .726

Other Free Agents
Nunez .651 OPS
Ramos .630 OPS
Mazzero .557 OPS

If you include Baddoo, then you have to include Reyes.

Also, Goodrum was a Free Agent signed by AA as well.

I read an article today about 5 trades that are going to happen in MLB and two were trading Fulmer and Schoop. After trading JD Martinez for essentially nothing and trading Mike Fiers for two guys we most likely will never see from again, I cannot get excited. How about letting these guys play until their contract expires so that they can provide entertainment value? The Tigers are almost worth watching these days. If all you are going to get in return is a bad farm systems 25th and 40th prospect why bother? I want to be entertained. Let them play and maybe even consider resigning.

I read an article today about 5 trades that are going to happen in MLB and two were trading Fulmer and Schoop. After trading JD Martinez for essentially nothing and trading Mike Fiers for two guys we most likely will never see from again, I cannot get excited. How about letting these guys play until their contract expires so that they can provide entertainment value? The Tigers are almost worth watching these days. If all you are going to get in return is a bad farm systems 25th and 40th prospect why bother? I want to be entertained. Let them play and maybe even consider resigning.

1. I endorse the Fulmer trade, since I think his days are numbered as a pitcher.
2. I agree that Schoop should be retained.
3. Avila, as a trader, is "the sucker at the table" and will rarely win meaningful trades.
4. In these Horse Latitudes of the Tigers' journey to its next championship, they are presently marooned without provisions, with a captain that might munity next year. Until they are free of Cabrera's yoke, Ilitch Jr, IMO, will not invest significantly in this team, if at all.

Welcome to the board.

Last edited:
I don't think there is even a discussion as to who is the better trader of DD and AL.

If Daz and Jake stick at least they got something for JV. But that JD trade is an all time terrible deal.

Only trade in the last years we got got anything from was trading Avila and Wilson. We got Candy and Paredes. Don't know if Paredes will be worth it but Candelario has proved his worth especially since Wilson and Avila I was expected a bag of donuts.

Since the Detroit Tigers starting rebuilding, they signed 7 free agent starting pitchers. Only 1 of them has worked out - Mike Fiers. Just horrible odds, especially when you have analytics to guide you. Whoever has been recommending the other 6 really needs to be removed from this job.

Only trade in the last years we got got anything from was trading Avila and Wilson. We got Candy and Paredes. Don't know if Paredes will be worth it but Candelario has proved his worth especially since Wilson and Avila I was expected a bag of donuts.

When you get rid of an Avila good things happen. LOL

Back