Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ezequiel Carrera stats

Austin Jackson has been around .330 for the last 3 years. So what is all of the gloom and doom about? I don't get it... but then again, this is the Tigers board.
The new guy can't hold Jackson's jock strap but we had to give something to get something. Seattle is a perfect spot for him, reunited with the man that straightened him out. Hopefully the journey man adds a spark, best we can hope for.

Another year heading into the playoffs with below average defense, this time at 3rd, CF, and RF. LF is kind of questionable as well.

Last edited:
The new guy can't hold Jackson's jock strap but we had to give something to get something. Seattle is a perfect spot for him, reunited with the man that straightened him out. Hopefully the journey man adds a spark, best we can hope for.

Another year heading into the playoffs with below average defense, this time at 3rd, CF, and RF. LF is kind of questionable as well.

I had forgotten that McClendon was in Seattle.

Jackson is gone IMO cause he was so terrible in the ALCS last year. He did have 1 big hit but other than that he was a ghost at the plate.

If Carrera's defense can match Jackson's we don't lose anything at all in CF for the 2014 playoffs.

Last edited:
Jackson is gone IMO cause he was so terrible in the ALCS last year. He did have 1 big hit but other than that he was a ghost at the plate.

If Carrera's defense can match Jackson's we don't lose anything at all in CF for the 2014 playoffs.

Jackson 2013 ALCS

.318 BAVG .423 OBP

? He was fine

LOL he took the bait I knew he would. Reb couldn't resist a nice juicy post to make some one look bad with numbers...lol

No action Jackson's total 2013 postseason stats are terrible. They were so bad that he was removed from the lead off position.

.298 OBP
.238 SLG
.536 OPS
.214 AVG

9 for 42 with only 1 extra base hit 5 walks with 18 strike outs. Jackson wiffed 42% of the time at the plate for the 2013 playoffs

Last edited:

I don't think Jackson was traded because of his postseason numbers. If that was the case why did we keep him for over 100 games? silly notion.

But now that someone mentioned it (jdeb; credit where it's due) I think Lloyd probably wanted Ajax and that is part of the reason Seattle got him and not someone else.

LOL he took the bait I knew he would. Reb couldn't resist a nice juicy post to make some one look bad with numbers...lol

No action Jackson's total 2013 postseason stats are terrible. They were so bad that he was removed from the lead off position.

.298 OBP
.238 SLG
.536 OPS
.214 AVG

9 for 42 with only 1 extra base hit 5 walks with 18 strike outs. Jackson wiffed 42% of the time at the plate for the 2013 playoffs

Yet, you posted it was just because of the ALCS. I gave his ALCS numbers. You give his postseason totals. Make up your mind!

Yet, you posted it was just because of the ALCS. I gave his ALCS numbers. You give his postseason totals. Make up your mind!

It's all good. No action Jackson is gone. None of us know why he was really dealt. Can only speculate.

I have to think it's that as he is going into his prime years, he hasn't really improved, kind of like doing the cha-cha hot and cold, still making some nice plays, but overall his defense isn't as good as previous years, at least it is different with several DRS UZR etc. add to that he was also a boras client.

Last edited:
John Wagner who writes for the Toledo Blade and is to the Mudhens what Jason Beck is to the Tigers has this to say about Carrera's outfield defense;
"Carrera's defense, is WAY better than Berry. Not quite as good as Jackson, but good enough. Very good, really".

LOL reading that reminded me of Berry's glove. The thing was enormous, he needed all the help he could get.

I have to think it's that as he is going into his prime years, he hasn't really improved, kind of like doing the cha-cha hot and cold, still making some nice plays, but overall his defense isn't as good as previous years, at least it is different with several DRS UZR etc. add to that he was also a boras client.

Jackson is a good player. He still has some upside. The thing that annoyed me the most was his lack of power. He has a ton of it but never translated in the game. He will do well is Seattle is my guess. Tampa wanted that SS and were happy to get Smyly.

Jackson is a good player. He still has some upside. The thing that annoyed me the most was his lack of power. He has a ton of it but never translated in the game. He will do well is Seattle is my guess. Tampa wanted that SS and were happy to get Smyly.

Jackson was good the first month of the season. He sucked for the May and June. Seemed to get back on track when he moved back to the lead off position.

Perfect time to trade him. Thank you Lloyd McClendon.

Jackson was supposed to be a power hitter he was supposed to be a base stealer. After all this time turns out when the game starts he was neither.

Rajai and Carrera will be an upgrade in Cf.

When the hell was Jackson ever supposed to be a power hitter?

When the hell was Jackson ever supposed to be a power hitter?
Never, it was my opinion based on what I saw. The sound the ball makes coming off his bat and BP is where I form my opinion.

Geeze.. how can someone possibly know if Rajai and a career minor leaguer will be an improvement over Jackson in center? That's just an uninformed statement. Davis is not a good defender. He's around average. Davis can only hit LHP consistently and we dont even know if Carrera will hit anyone at all. Based on his MLB numbers, he won't. We gave up Jackson for Price.. Im great with that, but people need to stop with thinking we got better in every part of every trade we make. Our rotation was bolstered, and our offense/defense took a small hit. Trading Jackson and calling up Zeke Carrera is not an upgrade in CF.

Back